Any news on the New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Riou EQResource

I don't think they thought TDS was enough, but there was nothing they could do to expand it because people hated the previous model of smaller releases over the next year on top of the base. People demanded 1 release only.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I would like to think it was more a budget issue and management demanding they get it done in a certain time frame under said budget than them thinking they couldn't do 3 staggered releases worth of content in 1 big release.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Holly did discuss it on the one of the Ragefire streaming events, you can go to twitch and play through them to find if you want more information. Of course that doesn't mean they will follow through based on some comments she made, but she did say 3 new environments and possibly some revamps.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Look like 4 revamped zones with 1 been revamped similar to tainted WK and 4 new zones with 2 of those been a mirror of them self with different objects/textures etc. If 8 zones can make it out on launch then that doesn't look as bad as I though it might be but if split into 2-3 campaigns...:eek: . These are just based on some reliable possibility with what is available to us right now. Just patch beta and see what new fileŝ as been added ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Silv like this.
  5. Arcainos Augur

Hope we get something in the way of personal quests that are substantial and substantially rewarding.
    I always use the example of epics, but I would settle for something like the prayer shawl that requires a significant amount of work, with a significant reward to dps, tanking ability, healing power, etc.

I like the feeling of finally attaining something you've been working at for months. The hero's journey clicky is a good example, if that clicky was actually worth getting.

I would even say that I don't think there was anything in TDS like this. The parrot aug required a lot of work, but at the end of the day, it was just a decent aug, nothing special.

When people say "do you have your ______? if not you should really get it" I'd like that answer to be include something from the next espansion.
  6. Mayfaire Augur

I agree. Every expansion (or now I guess at least once in every 2 campaigns) there should be something that takes time and effort, and that has real reward at the end. Epics, Plane of War, Shawl, Tear - something like that. Or at least one every 2 expacs (4 campaigns). It is those types of quests that make this game feel enormous and immersive. imo, of course. :)

A girl can dream. <le sigh>
    Gyurika Godofwar, Silv and Arcainos like this.
  7. Silv Augur

I'd be down for something similar to tear again but perhaps a lil more balanced leveling-wise to start with since as time went on, you were stuck doing OLD content to finish it off. Of course, it was the *alaran* tear so it made sense but it was just a bit frustrating. Guess I shouldn't have procrastinated :p

A Hero's Journey 2.0 would be fun... [can't believe I just said that]... Dunno how much work it is to add new achievements but there is *sooooo* much more content they could slap into a tab for an arbitrary personal accomplishment :D Of course, this isn't adding new content so kindof not relevant to this thread.

^This 100%.
  8. Jaylin Augur

Based on the files patched to beta a bit ago, it looks exciting. Only been waiting years for it, unless its all a trick and they gave bad names on things to fool people!
  9. Silv Augur

Care to share the details you found? I've seen some stuff so idunno if it's the same or if it's new so I'd be curious to know :)
  10. Jaylin Augur

Is it cool to actually post stuff on here like that even though its on the patch file? or is it just is that taboo?
  11. Axxius Augur

@EQResource posted several new zone geometry fly-over videos. Fished from beta, or is that not related to the new campaign?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Riou like this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Well all zones are themed together, which ones come out with which campaign and how many campaigns it takes to get all of them, no idea until Daybreak says something official.

Basically every zone is Kunark based, but the 3 planes, and the 3 planes are related to the over all story (Anashti Sul's return or whatever in EQ1, which seems to be similar to EQ2's same expansion that came out like 8 yrs ago)

Gnome Memorial Mountain, which is on or around Odus, is the odd one out. I think that was being planned as this years "Plane of War"? But of course half the devs were laid off so who knows whats up with it :p
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wru, Burrpole :(
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I really enjoyed the Cotf clickies for completing the expansions content.
  15. Makavien Augur

Tds was the final expansion of staggered content cut short to allow them extra time to create a bigger content release. If people are not sure why it was so small that is why . They decided to end it at the end of cotf but had already created TDS content so they had to restart their design and release schedule.

And I like most things released in recent history except plane of war . Please no more content designed for multiple groups when having only the tanks reward at the end of the content. To get many people into a place there needs to be rewards for all classes that you can not get any other way earlier than the end or else people don't help the others finish it.

Unless said content is 54 person raids that is.
  16. Riou EQResource

Maybe it will be tied in when they do Velious next :p
  17. Sigourney Journeyman

Tapping my foot, wondering if there will be any new content other than progression server stuff...and thats not new content...considering i was there in 1999......

Any real news...any announcements....anything to at least peak my interest enuff to not call it quits after 15 years?
  18. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

You assumed wrong, they just need to hire a crayon guy who can color in the walls.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

We'll be getting a campaign.

Once the team has finished tracking down every last TLP player and made sure their every wish is fulfilled, along with hugs, kisses, copious fairy dust sprankles and promises that they are truly mommy and daddy's favorite, no matter what those mean live players say, then voila! Campaign. :rolleyes:
  20. Nuttmeg Augur

The TLP is paying for your fancy expedition. Last night, I was in a group for 3 hours. In all, 18 paying subs.

Last group I was in on live for three hours, 1 paying sub, tons of silver, f2p, and mercenaries.

Tlp=$270 Live=$15.