Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Sadsong Elder

I'll be happy to monitor it. But this really is about you, because Dojii and Donlgon will be happy to do rotations. The major question is will TL?
  2. Grish Augur

I wonder how many people would like instanced raid content now.
  3. Kellaer Augur

Haha.

Haha. You brought this on yourselves. Aristo said they believed you could police yourselves. So you take that statement as a belief you can muscle your way through all encounters with the "DPS race brah!" philosophy, and look what it got you. Looks like you have to sleep in the bed you've made. Michael Jackson is definitely enjoying his popcorn.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Solkos Augur

I am going to present something to my guild leader tonight and see what he says about it.
    They are discussing and updating the criteria on how to get into the rotation on Saturday so I will see what I can do about presenting my solution to them.

Basically it will give any guild that want's to be put into the rotation a free opportunity to get into the rotation without competing against a guild already in the rotation.

More updates to come after their Saturday meeting.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

That is indeed a waste of several hours for which the mob could have been down an waiting to spawn again and thus more often in total, but with (rumored) plans in the works to use alts/boxes to put a raid on all or at least several targets, there can't be too much surprise that they'd do this.
  6. Greymere Augur

disingenous much? You already track when something was killed last religiously and keeping track of a rotation for the sake of learning to play nice with other guilds, develop a friendlier community, and keep more players active in the game is somehow untenable for you?
    Kegwell and Barton like this.
  7. Crystilla Augur

Folks - every server prior to Ragefire (and even Lockjaw) has figured out a walk to be civil to each other and have rotations at some point. Is it such a stretch that Ragefire can be mature enough to do the same?

There are so many types of rotations you can have. It was brought up in an earlier post so I'll mention it here. I was heavily involved in helping organize the new rotation on Plane of Time (before it was instanced) when Morell Thule and Erollisi Marr first merged. So I'm aware of the egos and different mindsets and ways of thinking of it.

PoTime is a very different situation than you're in since it was a multi-day clear for most guilds back then, but they did also discuss what to do with new guilds who wanted to enter a shot. One option had to pick a rotation that worked the best to get loot into all the guilds (aka maximizing loot intake); the option that actually got enforced wasn't that one - believe it or not, it was one that gave more learning changes to those who were trying to join the rotation.
    Zieri likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

It's not particularly hard - basically every rotation that's existed had one spawn every full rotation through all the guilds involved that they left scheduleable for everyone for what was considered the "entry mob" for the rotation that any guild was allowed to sign up for trialing.

Also removing the silly "you must engage within X hours" nonsense from being as ludicrously short as it is would go a long ways...

You know, the stuff I've been telling you for weeks now.
    Barton likes this.
  9. skattabrainz Augur

(A) it's sad it has to come to this
    (b) I AM happy that dbg is stepping in to make the server more playable. It might not be the solution I would have instituted but it's good to see the players pleas don't fall on deaf ears.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Darth Augur

The Lockjaw rotation requires a tracker in zone for the guild up. After it spawns you have 1 hour to engage. You get one attempt.

If you don't track, don't engage in an hour, or wipe, it becomes FFA.

Our rotation was formed by the guilds actually trying to raid, not waiting for handouts. Clearly we're willing to budge on these rules a little but, asking for a target to be left alone for 24 hours is silly. A box crew will just kill it. And, you know they will.
  11. Hinanar New Member

This isn't going to help. If you'd just ban the guilds that EVERYONE knows INCLUDING YOU (Cazic Thule anyone?) It wouldn't be an issue. People are using third party programs and see no reason to listen to you when they know they can do whatever they want. It should be an IP ban too. Not a go buy another account ban. For a force paid server I'd think you need to take this a little more seriously. I'm back to playing on normal server, and no longer paying for this crap. If I want to see people warping, pulling GM invisible mobs, far reach ninja looting, and worse, I can do it for free.
  12. Kellaer Augur

Yes, it is a stretch, because it has been demonstrated the raid community is unable to be decent towards one another. Some guilds less than others, although I don't want to name specifics and turn this into a witch hunt. Raid rotations are very possible, the plain and simple fact is that some guilds were not willing to do so. So Daybreak has to step in now and show them that it is, in fact, possible, to have raid rotations.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Crystilla Augur

It's hardly silly.
  14. Elkay Augur

Not sure if you're really the guild leader of TL, but let it be on the record that I liked your post. All this is going to do in the short term is piss off *both* sides due to impatience between the elite and the not-so-elite.
  15. Darth Augur

When you become a Guild Leader or even an officer please shoot me a tell, otherwise have your Guild's Leadership get with me. I'm not working out rotation rules with someone who doesn't even represent a guild.
  16. Vaclav Augur

The only targets you're doing can't be done by a box crew - that's a weak excuse - the only people that could are part of the rotation (or would be proving themselves able). The 1h excuse is just continuing to hammer on that 24H availability drum that you love to bang while claiming people don't need to neglect their lives to do it. (or even health in some cases...)
    Barton, Rhiyannon and Sebbun like this.
  17. Greymere Augur

The 1 hour to engage BS is stupid on your rotation days, If anything it should be a window that permits players that don't want to engage in unhealthy gaming behavior like batphones and socking to participate in. Especially if you are already alternating Free for All days. I wouldnt advocate for 24 hours again since the faster these targets die the faster the next respawn comes up, but learning to advance a little healthier gaming overall absent instances would be preferable to most.
    Rhiyannon and Sebbun like this.
  18. Vaclav Augur

You know my wife is - and I'm speaking in a general context of "working rotations" that have been constantly used as historic examples. You know that thing called precedent that you loath so much?
  19. Sadsong Elder

This is a great way to do it.
  20. Darth Augur

Smooth is a box crew.

He just killed Eye of Veeshan revamped.

Box Crews CAN do all these mobs.

Thank, ignoring anything else from you on this topic, since you firstly have no guild you're part of leadership of, and secondly have no idea what's going on in the raid scene anyway.