Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Friday Augur

Looking forward to the move! Like many, I feel abused, lied to, and cheated, and bitterly disappointed. With that out of the way, I think its time folks begin to consider the positives of leaving. Devs have already locked the thread "Who is moving?," so I urge folks to consider that we are only allowed to talk about the positives (maybe).

I think RF will look so much better in the rear-view mirror! Let us leave them to what they want, whenever they want it. DB continues to hold out the promise of a new (ish) server with the rule set we all originally signed on for! My current guild vote is 18 to 2 in favor of moving. I have convinced a lot of people who are on the fence to come along. Folks need to understand that it is not just early Kunark they are getting by staying, but Kunark + come what may/anything goes.

There should be little doubt about LJ having a healthy population for a long long time once the free transfers they are 'investigating' come to pass. Hopefully it will be soon.

To the vocal contingent who are concerned about the influx of refugees upsetting the balance and/or economy of LJ, we have only to say "Sorry! Only the 'top' raiding guild on RF and those who want Kunark at the expense of anything else are the winners here. Your issues are with the dev team, not with us." Hopefully many will welcome us, once it becomes widely known that most of the toxicity will be left behind, mesmerized by Kunark and the knowledge they can dictate everything about a server where they rule. In spite of all disagreements, I wish them the best. I am hopeful about a future on Lockjaw and looking forward to the time when EQ will once again be an escape from the day to day toil of our real lives.
    Rhiyannon and frankie78227 like this.
  2. sihpa Augur

Movement of jah people!
    Mezrah and Friday like this.
  3. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

There was never any question that Lockjaw would have a healthy population for a long time, anyway.

But future welcome, nontheless!
    Friday likes this.
  4. Corwin2015 New Member

That idea rocks. The game was greatest during its first few expansions.
    Tharrg likes this.
  5. Elkay Augur

The problem is, the servers could end up in the exact same state, only reversed names. What if all the drama loving, toxic players decide to go to LJ, leaving RF as the barren server? It could happen.
  6. Mazeri New Member

A fair request.

I think what we need is to have a 3 month grace period once transfers are available to give players and guilds the chance to coordinate and allow players to "test drive" the communities that will exist on the 2 servers under the new rules.

If transfers go live next week this means we will stay in classic for at least 5 months, making the 6 months happy while still progressing faster like the others want.
  7. Tarrin Augur

If you felt lied to, cheated, and abused..I am curious what your premise was going to the poll..and what you based that on.
  8. Friday Augur

There will inevitably be a few, it is true. I think it is likely, however, that they will be far outnumbered by old school grognards who to this day play nice even when it isn't the law of the land, do their jobs in groups, and mainly just want to enjoy old content at a relaxed pace.
  9. sihpa Augur

Okay found the initial post by Aristo
    Seems to contradict whats said in the OP of this thread
    Can someone clarify please?
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

That won't happen, what may instead happen is that with the free transfers they move boxed armies over to LJ, then it will be two toxic servers.
    Rhiyannon and frankie78227 like this.
  11. Ishbu Augur

DBG I am begging you, PLEASE define the ruleset and expansion timetable before doing the server transfers for Lockjaw and Ragefire. This is imperative to avoid being in the exact same position we are currently in that caused this poll and all that has come with it.

If you do the transfers, then a couple months later in Kunark for ragefire it is decided to go to a 3month cycle, there will be a whole new wave of people who want to leave. You cant keep leaving it up in the air because when that is done, it creates outlash at each proposed solution.

Before the transfers happen, whenever that may be, a definitive, 3 month or 6 month process needs to be put in place on the respective servers. Let people decide them one time only if they want to be on one of the other. Right now, saying we will revisit the schedule once Kunark has settled in on ragefire is the worst answer.

I do not want to leave my server of Ragefire. I will not transfer from a highly populated server to a lesser one if the server I have established myself on is going to follow the same 6 months after the Kunark launch. I would happily hop over to Lockjaw however if I knew that Ragefire was staying on a 3month expansion cycle. Please dont force us into an impossible choice since the rules will be changed after wards. Give us the facts, do not change them, and then give a 1 time option to make our choice.
  12. Ishbu Augur

I feel like a minority as a casual player that likes being on the server with the hardcore crowd. Thats what makes these games great over time, striving to get what the top players have, even if it is an expansion or 2 later. Those items are still good in EQ.

If you want more, put in the hours to be one of the top players. Ive done it before and enjoyed the hell out of it. Its not a priority for me these days, but that is my choice so I harbor no ill will towards the people playing within the confines of what is allowed on the server.
    Steampunk likes this.
  13. Templeton Augur

We want clarity and strength of vision.

All this pulling the rug out from under us (and the strong possibility it will be done again) isn't acceptable in a game that requires so much investment of time.
    Glistarian and Friday like this.
  14. Skipper Augur

RF will never be the "barren" server being able to progress at a reasonable rate. But I hope Lockjaw gets all these hate filled people who DBG could never please. They complain and whine about everything under the sun. I wish them well moving to Lockjaw. God speed!
    Sinzz and Ishbu like this.
  15. Templeton Augur

Other threads have been deleted as well... I am disappointed that this forum is policed with such a heavy hand while the server is allowed to run wild.

I guess appearances matter more than reality though.
    Rhiyannon and Friday like this.
  16. Tarrin Augur

Fippy is further ahead than Ragefire. Therefor, no transfers from Fippy to Ragefire. It might be possible to go from Ragefire to Fippy.

Since Ragefire and Lockjaw are at the same stage, therefor a server transfer between the two might be possible. Along those lines, they are looking at making those server transfers free for a limited time.
  17. SithWizard Elder

Thanks for the update DBG. Appreciate the fact you even take time to keep this game alive. :)
  18. Vaclav Augur

Cash out to Kronos and relevel while replacing the gear - it's a small penalty to pay in spending time to level up.
  19. taliefer Augur

Any chance we can get a rough estimate on when transfers will be available? I don't expect an exact date, but even just "it's gonna be a week or two minimum" or the like would help me decide what to do with my playtime in the near future
  20. skaarl New Member

i think DBG has forgotten, or willfully ignored 1 massive fact. pretty much all the isBoxers are voting for early release. So basically of the actual people participating in the poll a vast majority of them voted 6 months... when you eliminate the 6 accounts per person on the instant vote.