Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Tintaglia Elder

There's nothing stopping you from staying on the server you already play on, and either adapt to the situation, or do your best to affect change. If you don't want Kunark to pass when it comes up for vote, campaign for that position, and get the votes you need to win.
  2. doodelydoo Journeyman

More than half of the polled people, or half of the polled accounts? :)
  3. SBC0 Elder

The option 6 months had the most votes- who cares if the other options added up to more than 6 months.
  4. Ghroznak New Member

The results of this poll and decision to in the face of players on Ragefire has made me quit the game until free transfers are offered to ALL characters I have on Ragefire, including FREE renaming of characters with conflicting names on Lockjaw.

Thanks for being 100% unreliable. Next poll I will simply not even cast a vote since it's apparent Daybreak Gaming does not appreciate of democracy but prefer to do things the Kim Jong-il way.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Derthe Journeyman

For you maybe.
  6. Batbener Augur

its called a run off. its what you do when the majority doesnt vote for the winner. in this case dbg skipped it because 1 the three months option would clearly win and 2 there will be a vote to unlock if the majority really dont want kunark in 3 months.
  7. Finchy Augur

I plan to do this anyhow. But if majority win to unlock kunark I simply didn't sign up for the early of a release, and would have no other choice but to either quit, or be allowed to move my time and effort over to the other server that accommodates what I signed up for in the beginning, and I don't want to quit.
  8. Warlorf Augur

No not worst case but the drama queens will say it is and cry anyways
  9. SBC0 Elder

I have an idea! Why don't we keep voting everyday until there is one option higher than 6 months! OR we could realize that it was dumb to have so many options in the first place and blame the moron who thought up this survey/vote?
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  10. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Since you don't seem to understand the difference between voting for a range vs voting for discrete choices allow me to explain.

If you ask someone to vote to have a pet A. cat, . dog, or . horse. These can be considered discrete choices. Meaning that if someone were to vote for A. this does not mean that given a choice of an alternative they would choose B over C.

When voting for a range however the case is the opposite. If the vote was instead do you want A. $100 cat, B. $20, or C. $3. It could easily be assumed that if you vote for A. but were asked to give an alternative you would select B. as it is closer to your desired amount. In trading channel terms... best offer.

or we could just do it this way..

What is ASAP would have won? Would you, a 6 month voter, prefer 3 months to today? Don't pretend your 2nd choice would have been ASAP.
  11. SBC0 Elder

You are working with out of touch people and a sad excuse for a PR person, Holly. Does it surprise you that they ignored the majority?
    Friday and Rhiyannon like this.
  12. Porygon Augur

Lockjaw is already going to be vulak.

People will quit because of a 6 month time lock (whether they know it's there or not).
    People will quit once they realize there's not going to be instanced raids.
    People will quit when they can't do their epic month 1 of kunark.
    People will quit in velious, luclin and pop.

These are all guarantees, it's how all of the previous servers had worked. The only thing that will sustain ragefire (much like fippy) is population.

Now you'll have people that come in and say no no the population is much higher, the server will be healthy. But it won't, it will wither away.

The only option you have, is to suck it up and play on ragefire.
  13. Potsos76 Augur

Lame. I was bored to tears by level 30. Enjoy months and months and months of classic. How incredibly boring.
  14. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Which is why ASAP isn't happening? It is a succes to assume those that voted ASAP want 3 months over 6 months. How is this hard to follow.
  15. Dark_Intentions Augur

Good points, but I don't know if I fully buy that. If these transfers are between both RF and LJ, won't that balance out the population a bit more between them?

I don't know if the same offer ever occurred on Fippy and Vulak. If it did, then you make a pretty strong argument.
  16. Kunon Augur

I actually voted 6 months and will be moving to LockJaw along with those I play on Ragefire with once they get the transfers figured out. It just became extraordinarily annoying that people have failed to grasp the results of the poll and the decision made by DGC. If you were to ask around I'm definitely one of their more vocal critics, but these threads are nonsense.

The reality is that there were only ever 2 options. Anyone with any sense knew that it was 3 months or 6 months. There was no way ASAP was going to win as that would go against the vast majority of players. There have been a ton of analogies thrown around, but the most fitting would be this vote being similar to those god forsaken dbags in the Senate voting on something. Apologies to any and all I offend with this, I would not want to be labeled as any of the following 3.

Democrats (6 months) do not have a majority
    Republicans (3 months) do not have a majority
    Tea Party (ASAP) do not have a majority
    Independents (No Preference) do not have a majority

The Tea Party is the more extreme wing of the conservatives, but they are not going to vote with Democrats on anything. They will grudgingly go along with Republicans. This is why many people incorrectly use the terms interchangeably to describe conservatives. That means ASAP + 3 months are together in the vote which gives them the majority.

That is how DGC saw it, that is how most reasonable people will see it.
    Tarrin likes this.
  17. Solkos Augur

You are so very uninformed but what can I expect from a filthy casual that doesn't deserve any dragon kills? :p

In all seriousness lockjaw is. as far as I know, the second largest TLP server Everquest has had only beat by Ragefire. If you think the second largest TLP population Everquest server ever is dead, I want what you are smoking.

I do worry about who will come and go when the server transfers are opened up.
  18. lalaloup Augur

The only reason six months was needed is so people could have the time to assemble raid forces so progression doesn't require going to a guild from the live servers.

Three months can still work now that its widely known that the timeline to kunark could be shorter. It just doesn't get people in to winter when larger groups of players are willing to invest time in mmo's.
  19. Heilena Augur

If they knew it wasn't going to happen why they put it on the vote? And apparently it was almost the majority on one server, so it was possible. If it had been 42% ASAP, and a split between the other 3.

Sadly we probably still be having same discussion to a degree. But at least then DBG would have solid reasoning on putting Ragefire 3 months.
  20. Solkos Augur

It did happen and what happened is it left the struggling server completely dead and there you even had to pay for your transfer.