Holly's new tweet about raid zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Storytimebros Elder

What if I have no job and no life outside this game and still choose to be casual. Maybe the effort required to put into doing anything pre-instanced content just is not worth the time sink and brain cell loss. There is no value to contesting this content except for brag kill rights and profits. Then coming on this board and posting about it demanding someone needs to show up and contest us cause we are bored and need some drama. Some people just feed off the drama cause they must have a boring lifestyle and pixel text excitement is all they have to look forward to.

This is an item game such that items are not required just wanted until instanced content. If everyone was naked and running around all the time killing stuff the only reason to play at that point would be the dps racing with broken class zerg mechanics. The motive behind doing anything here is profits on both sides. Kronos and plats for future instanced progression when the skill comes out and the zerging stops with 54 at least until banners become available.

The casuals voted for the longest unlocks, because they thought if they forced the hardcore to stay in old world longer just maybe they would quit and give up. That is far from the truth and if anything they have got the green light to cause more grief, hatred, and drama. Whoever voted on live wanted to play live and play casual so they would not be behind on a new server and still be able to raid live. There should of been a server for each type of player. Consolidation of more servers and creating different rule types would have divided the player base and caused the least amount of drama. Instead we are being forced to sit in old content the longest possible time so someone that wants a world to exist casually for their own play time is always populated to fit their own needs. That is even more selfish then people that play the most time and live on the server. You voted for casual quest and now will suffer the consequences of that vote. Until a new vote or GM intervention of instanced content, get used to this drama its not going anywhere.
  2. Ceffener Augur

Every guild I have ever been either:

A) Mandatory 80% attendance or you get kicked.
    B) DKP is rewarded vs on attendance < 80% might as well be 0.

I'd rather have a system were you can have near 100% attendance and actually play with each other. Not just pile members because you need bodies 24/7.

I still think 3 off / 3 on is the best for all parties.

So yes I can show up for 20% of raids. My participation won't matter and will have 0 effect on the raid.
  3. Gregolo Augur

Both the top % and bottom % I listed on my stats for our raid have received gear. Obviously people who show up more get priority, so we can be stronger faster. But that's because they deserve it more. Similar to how the TL groupies we have on this forum with 0% raid attendance don't get any loot.

Again, I'll emphasize that if you can't handle 5-6 hours a week, you have zero business complaining about the top end raid scene. Because even the best guild on the server (most demanding) finds that to be acceptable.
  4. Agrippa Augur

It's when those five to six hours jump around randomly to inconceivable (yes, I'm using this word) hours that it becomes a problem for most players. Most players don't have flexible schedules that they can log in at any given moment.
    Ceffener likes this.
  5. beyrak Augur

Still waiting....
  6. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

my condolences for having bad luck with guilds, but thats not the norm.