Holly's new tweet about raid zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 12, 2015.

1. ngs1 Augur

Sure it is. They said the ruleset would be the same as Fippy. They said there would be limited CSR support. They said that DPS racing was fine with them. You knew exactly what you were getting but you are here complaining about it.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Straight up will throw you 100 krono in game tonight if you can tell me what's physically stopping you people complaining on the forums such that you can't raid.”

I told you what was physically stopping me from raiding. Your an educated guy, you choose a poor choice of words, man up and pay. Roxxie is a kind and merciful lady, maybe she will give them back.
  3. Gregolo Augur

Offer is still on the table when you want to take it seriously.
  4. Dark_Intentions Augur

TL are doing what they are supposed to be doing, and that is going after bosses full force.

If you want to blame someone for the situation, blame Daybreak, or blame the circumstances of the situation being in 2015 and no longer in 1999.

The servers can hold far many more people now. Leveling is easier. Social media brought a bunch of extra people in, that nobody expected. Bosses die in seconds now. People can box a dozen characters at once now, and literally solo a boss. All of this stuff means that far more people can easily reach the top.

It is no longer 1999. If not now, soon there will be 15 or more guilds wanting to kill bosses. Even an agreed upon rotation would not fix this developing problem. Not when all we have is classic to play in.

There are two groups: The top guilds, and the rest of us. Top guilds should be able to compete for top gear. The rest of us should be able to kill bosses without having top guilds constantly go after our targets. The correct solution here is to openup Kunark early, and then allow raid instancing in an era that is one or two steps behind the current expansion. The top guilds will compete, and the rest of us will get to raid.
    Esper likes this.
  5. Gregolo Augur

1000 times this.

Thank you.
  6. Numiko Augur

Surprised no one has answered with "my spouse" :p
  7. Gregolo Augur

Hahaha that I might be coerced into believing.
  8. Raynard Augur

Except for the small matter of defining "top guilds". I don't define the top guild as the winners of the showing up contest. Any capable guild should get their shots.
  9. Jezzie Augur

The top guilds will compete, but they will be competing in Kunark and Classic. Opening Kunark will not give you a shot at classic raids. The truth is it will be tougher to get a classic mob as you'll be competing against players in Kunark gear.
    Opening Kunark offers zero chance for lower tier guilds to raid.
    That's the truth, those of us that played 2.0 know it, unless you want to step up and compete.
  10. Amor Augur

The main reason they are against it is it will cut into their krono market. That is mostly the agenda behind their arguments. If they actual feel like they accomplished something they were more then likely 10 to 14 year old children when the game came out and are hoping to garner the same fame as the original players experienced. They don't understand that window closed a long time ago.

As for the wanting competition they lack the gaming talent to play the games that involve them actually competing with other players. They play this one because the mechanics behind it prevent actual competition. They are who they are, mostly all the previous servers bottom feeders all rolled into one server. Either live with it or move on. Best thing I would say is move or spend your money elsewhere. There will come a time when the roles reverse and they become the biggest whiners on this forum asking DBG to save the server.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Gregolo Augur

All the capable guilds are getting their shots. Rosengard Guild took Innoruuk from us. RoI is strongly contesting our targets and will likely start taking them sooner than later.
  12. Greymere Augur

TL's members are here on the forums advocating against any changes that would impact loot in era, so those members opinions can be held up for scrutiny along with their guild, though I agree its DBG issue to fix which is why everyone is on DBG forums asking for a change and not on TL forums asking for a change. So kinda a stupid comment there, since most people asking for a change are doing so to get DBG attention not the current flavor of the month alpha guild.

Opening Kunark early does nothing to address the core mechanics issues or issues of top end loot scarcity brought about by the accelerated time in era and overpopulation, it simply gives everyone a higher level cap and punts the problem down the road to the next expansion in the hopes that the masses will spread out and be impacted by it less. If you concede that allowing the instancing of content for the sake of availability is a good option the only reason not to do so in era is to support someones epeen or RMT operations, neither of which are compelling reasons to hold off a year to permit better alternatives.
    Gskiel likes this.
  13. Dark_Intentions Augur

Truth be told, Velious needs to open up too to really help fix the situation. But I'm against the server progressing that fast, just because some guilds don't want to organize better.

But this is a better solution than any I have heard so far. If we instance every raid, that won't solve a thing. Alts will just go in those instances and kill those bosses as well. The same top guilds will own them too.

But at least if they are getting Kunark gear, they ill be less inclined to go after weaker classic gear. It will take a lot of time to balance out. I see this problem as existing until Velious at least. But this is one step closer to the proper solution.

Note: When I say "problem", I mean it is a problem for the larger more casual player case.
  14. Gregolo Augur

Release Kunark, Instance Classic. Keep Eras Current-1 instanced. Make instanced raid targets drop Nodrop gear. Problem solved.
  15. Raynard Augur

Any guild that wants to raid previous expansion content can do so on any live server. That is no solution for the progression servers.
  16. Gregolo Augur

Alternative, 6 month expansions. 3 months of non instanced 3 months of instanced. Make instanced raid targets drop nodrop gear. Problem solved
    Aneuren likes this.
  17. Jezzie Augur

Looks like there is a fix in the works. I'm sure that exploitation of instances is being discussed. Nobody knows what Daybreaks solution will be, so it's all speculation at the moment.
    If their fixes work in classic then I for one would certainly be more open to unlocking Kunark. Unlocking Kunark as things are will just mean the same problems on a larger scale, not to mention the disappointment from those players who believed that unlocking Kunark would make all the issues go away.
  18. Raynard Augur

Agreed. Though I would personally choose 4 month expansions with 1 month of no instances and 3 with.
  19. Gregolo Augur

Anything along those lines I'm fine with. No other server spoon feeds casuals, I see no reason why this one should. However, barring that, I think there's a middle-ground to be met for competitive players to get their competition and casual players to get to tour the sights.
    Dark_Intentions likes this.
  20. Dark_Intentions Augur

Yeah I can't wait to hear their solution. I fully admit that I do not have all the answers, and that I am not in a top tier guild. So I just answer from what I read and understand of the situation as a spectator. I could be wrong on my opinions of how to solve this. I am interested to hear what Daybreak says about it.
    Jezzie likes this.