Voting on Expansion Unlock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Arrk Augur

8 - 10 days...

Maybe if your one of the "optimal" classes that can get a group without blinking...

Some people only play enough that they might get 1-10 pretty quick... but then only get a level a day after that...

Some people may have changed classes, or played alts thinking they "have 6 months"...

I got one character to 15, then decided to go with another class, and got that into the 30's... but I play more than I should.
  2. Xanadas Augur

That only infers a vote should take place on whether or not to even have an unlock vote. Not just jump straight to the unlock vote.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  3. MaestroM Augur

This is my biggest concern. Polish the brass on the titanic(release Kunark) and everything will be fine. When really they need to make a course adjustment (relatively minor given they have the technology).

I still don't see why its controversial to have one server instanced and one server sockfest. Prove us wrong. If it really is terrible and we really won't support you then don't do it again on TLP 4. There is no reason to treat this like some giant philosophical issue. You have people who are willing to pay for a certain service and you can provide that service. What do some devs "feelings" matter?
  4. Xanadas Augur

So much this.
    liveitup1216 and Gskiel like this.
  5. Jadefox Augur

No it doesn't.
    It implies that the management will explore the possibility of shortening the time between Classic and Kunark if they see the need. Aparently they saw the need. They could have done a preliminary poll to see if people wanted a vote, or they could have just changed the times. They shot for the center, because they want for us to have some say in the servers' destinies, but at the same time they seem to feel the need to expedite this process.

There's nothing wrong with this, and there was no duplicity involved.

--Jade ain't lyin' either
  6. Praxxos Journeyman

I have been playing since RF came up, i can play around 2-3hours a day, my Paladin reached lvl 18.

I am not THAT much in a hurry. Why should i anyway?
    Fhiele likes this.
  7. Gythlen Augur

Uhm it doesn't? Of course my leveling is different ... see signature.

I'd love to get a vote. Just because I'm progressing my tradeskills instead of spending my life on the computer all day doesn't mean I don't have a say.
  8. Cidran Augur

I feel like you. I can't say I'm going to quit EQ because I know I'd be back, but I think I might be done with these "progression" servers once and for all.
    Gskiel likes this.
  9. Azzudien Augur

I agree with the OP that the voting requirement should be lowered to say lvl 20 or 15 or something so everyone's voice can be heard.
    I am tired of people complaining about higher levels saying we have no life. I work 10+ hours a day 6 days a week. I don't box, I play a single char that is NOT mage and I have managed to make lvl 47 as of last night.
    I haven't done any trade skills or quests yet as I figured I would go back and do those after I was 50 since I am in a raiding guild leveling was the priority for me.
    I am having a blast on LJ and it has been great fun. Everyone needs to play at their own pace and do what is fun for you and stop complaining about other people's play style and what makes the game enjoyable for them.
  10. Vanrau Augur

So just for the hell of it since I have been off from work this week, I decided to roll a toon and try out just how fast you can level on these new progression servers. I started a wizard on Ragefire a couple days ago. Without grouping and with minimal buffs cast on me I was only able to get to level 5 after about about 6 hours played over 2 days. However I was looting and had gone back and forth to the bank a few times and bought armor etc...I haven't even checked out any of the quests yet. So not very fast leveling for your standard player in a newbie zone. I would consider myself to be a casual player at 3 hour sessions per day and sometimes I can't even play that much per day, sometimes not at all because of work.

Anyways, not everyone can rush through the game or wants to. There are tons of people in the newbie zone I was in so you have quite a few people who are just starting out new characters. It would be better to go the 6 months before Kunark opens so everyone gets to explore the entire game. However like others have pointed out, there is no instancing for the raid zones which causes all kinds of problems. Apparently instancing raid zones is quite a bit of work from the way Daybreak is so resistant to do it. If not that much work then I really don't understand the philosophy behind not doing it. There are far more negatives to not doing it than positives.
  11. Amor Augur

Don't waste your time debating with Gregolo. He is a bottom feeder that doesn't remember history very accurately. Him and his ilk are why the EQ community can no longer claim of being such a great community. It's just like every game now. Yes your whole guild is lumped into one because you are who you associate with.
  12. Xanadas Augur

"If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that, we can investigate lowering those minimum times"

Those words imply that the "majority of the players on the server" were asked if they wanted a change. We were not asked. The only real way you could ask the population "do you want a change?" would be to have a poll asking: "Do you want to change?", not just simply skipping ahead to "Do you want to unlock Kunark?" vote. It may seem like splitting hairs, but it's important. As one person stated, MMOs need to have firm rulesets so people know exactly what they're paying for. I, for one, might not have re-subbed 6 accounts and dumped over 140 hours of /played time into these servers if I knew DBG was going to reneg on their 6 months timeline ~3 weeks into launch. We're not even 12% through the committed classic timeline and already there are krono-flippers and loot-crazed elites going bonkers trying to get Kunark unlocked.

Let's get another thing crystal clear. This has very little to do with raiding. This is entirely about more potential loot to extort for krono and real-money. Prices on high-end items are plateauing and in some cases even dropping. The mid/high-end zone instances have solved a large portion of the crowding problems, but (boo hoo hoo) have caused the influx of loot which is driving prices down. Le gasp!

I'm very sorry if you're a part of the top 5% of the server who is level 50, max geared, and doing nothing but waiting on naggy/vox to spawn. If that's not fun for you anymore, go roll an alt or play another game. The vast majority of the server are adults who can be patient and are still under level 35-40, enjoying the content as we go. We have a lot of things to do in classic, so the rest of you all can just chill out.
  13. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

Will vote yes for early release, the unbalanced class issues will even out a lot with Kunark. I would assume most people would want mage armies to be less relevant sooner rather than later.
  14. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

(I was asked to use an existing thread on the topic so here we go)

If DBG go back on their initial statement for the server of 6 months per expansion, will you ask for a refund? 6 months of classic is what brought me here in the first place.

I WILL.
    Gskiel likes this.
  15. Vlerg Augur

1- People asked for kunark before ragefire was even announced; after the fippy episode, it was clear a new TLP server would be better off lauching with kunark ( instances did help).

2- the multiple, daily thread poping up about kunark ( including that 97-pages monster one) is a big enough ''proof'' to daybreak ; there's enough fuss about it to warrant atleast a vote... i'm sorry this is not college democraxcy anymore where you take an hour to vote on wether or not we should vote for a motion, then another hour after that vote on wether or not the vote was accurate/ properly explained.

half the threads on the main page are linked to kunark release / raid instancing / lack of mob.
  16. Vlerg Augur

ask away. you won't get it.

their initial statement had a big ** this timeline is not set in stone if the playerbase ask for change, as they did on Fippy**
  17. Vlerg Augur

i'd say over half of <false prophecy> is over lvl 40.

looking at the 50+ people in fear, 50+ people in hate ( during non-prime hours). the 9 instances of OOT mostly being used for seafuries and gobos, the 8 instances of Lguk where lord-king-frenzy are permacamped, the 70+ people in the hole and the masses in SolB... your 5% is a very odd number.

and that's only the high lvl activly XP'ing / trying to raid... not the one lvl'ing their second of third alt.
  18. Lifebane Augur

Voting YES to early release. 6 months in classic is too long. Even casual players are nearing, or at, the level cap. It is simply not hard to progress on this server. It's not classic. It is a progression server.

The mage-bot armies are ruining the game for us. Give us 3 months (PLENTY of time) of each expansion. 6 months is too long, and the servers will surely suffer if we are left in classic for too long. It is not evident now, because players are still gearing up, but in two weeks time, even Joe Casual will be wondering what he should be doing with his time.

Please let us re-vote. If the majority wants us to stay in classic, we will... but I want a fair vote. Of people who actually play on this server, and those who are actually near level cap.
  19. Korillo Augur

Just a reminder that they are not going back on their word, they had told us upfront that if the majority of players changed their mind they would investigate it. Having a vote will tell them how the majority of players are feeling at this time, so it makes perfect sense based on their original statements about Ragefire.

If the majority still feels 6 months is what they want, the vote will reflect this. Hard to imagine how you guys could be complaining about DBG trying to ensure the majority of players are getting the most possible enjoyment they can out of the server.
  20. Jadefox Augur

First, I'm just going to have to assume that the latter part of your rant isn't directed at me, because if it is, you'd be way off your mark.

Way off.

So, looking at the first part. Asking isn't necessary even if it is a nicety. Observation works well, and listening to their "whine line" via these forums, e-mail, twitter, FB and other media, while miles from perfect, can also get a pulse from the community. If DGB feels that a threshold was crossed in unhappy customers, then they might take action. They did. There is no actual need to poll for a poll, even if I feel that it would have been better if they did. They didn't, and that's the way it is. What they didn't do is twirl their collective mustaches and black capes while laughing evilly about how they pulled one over on the players of the TLPs.

You're barking at the moon. I get it, you don't want the status quo to end. Fine. But we're still getting a vote. Vote against any change. Advocate that others vote with you. Great! Just make sure to get the facts straight.

--Vote for Jade-dro