[TLP] Free-2-Play Customer?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Havenbrook, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lekkric18 Elder

Please tell me this guy is just trolling.

You used to pay a monthly sub. It was good for the months you were paying it. You no longer pay a monthly sub. Therefore, your paid months are over. I don't see what's hard to understand.

Bonus points for coming up with a complaint I haven't seen here yet. I thought everything that could be bitched about, had been.
  2. Ceffener Augur

The servers are small enough with the player base they have to maintain said servers and still yearly expansions. When they no longer make enough to support expansions they will go away.

EQ is not making much profit, wouldn't even be suprised if it was losing money at this point. The servers will not be up forever and the developers that haven't been fired in massive layoffs deserve to be paid.
  3. Liquid Augur

If you want real nostalgia..then auctions for items will be vast and long on Ebay! Oh and Yantis would be in full effect! (Those oldschoolers will know who this was).
    Senadin likes this.
  4. Aenoan Augur

If you want a free server, its called P99. If you want to play on official servers, the closest thing you'd get is probably Vox or Trak
  5. Tarrin Augur

The 2 TLP servers are the top population servers atm in the game.

I don't want free players. Because lets be real, all that will REALLY mean is more people 6 boxing and more RMTers making better profit margins.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Szeria Elder

Jesus Christ, the entitlement of this person, I cannot even.
  7. Havenbrook Journeyman

All the posts like this, make me ponder the intelligence level of the people writing this.
  8. Tarrin Augur

You haven't said anything intelligently ground breaking yourself.

Your arguments have been "I paid for a service in the past, therefor I deserve that same service for free now" and " Even though the servers are completely overpopulated right now, they will die in months unless free players are allowed on".
  9. Heilena Augur

You claim you a game server admin for 6 games yet you fail to understand the basics of marketing. You give a F2P base level access, then you charge to upsale. You have 15 + servers you can play as you damn well please. You have a few select PREMIUM servers you pay for.

I mean, please don't reproduce.
    Senadin likes this.
  10. Yara_AB Augur

Seems like I somehow missed the gun when they "forced" me to play on TLP.

TLP is just an "extra service" you get if you have a subscription. But that subscriptions nets you more than just access to TLP. You can play the game on any other server (but TLP) for free - so yes - "Free to Play - Your way!" holds true.

The number you threw in - why did you put in subscription fees? You can't include them in your math if you want to reason that they should let you play for free on the TLP because you won't pay extra to play there if you already have a membership. Unless of course you expect all us others who have a membership to pay DGC enough money so they can let YOU play for free. Uhhhh ... there are bad bad words for such!

And just for the records: I am currently having 4 paid accounts and only play ONE because I do play that one on the TLP and yes - it is worth the $60 if you want to look at it this way.

Kronos are "too much"? You are aware that 1 Krono = 1 Month of Membership? They are simply that - an item you buy that you can convert to 1 month of membership any time. It has no other use (besides trading it). This is by no means extra money - it simply isn't. It only gives players a chance to gain the benefits of a membership through ingame means (literally someone else pays for your membership that way and they are happy about).

If you were playing EQ for that long (like you say) I would suggest you check your characters if you can't afford buying a Krono on any of the Live Servers (you might have enough plat for that). Use it and hey - welcome to Ragefire or Lockjaw!

In addition (and I usually don't write such things):
    No thanks! I don't see how I even remotely might want free players on Ragefire taking away even more spots to hunt and worse: Making the login-queue even worse!
    If you wish to play with 200 folks in Steamfont Mountains or in Greater Faydark, Lower Guk and any other zone - hey - feel free to become a member and I will happily welcome you on the server and play with you.
    But taking away resources from paying customers? Nah - thanks! We don't really help free folks to "help with content" - we pretty much beat it on our own at the moment.
    Maybe in a few months or years when we go down to maybe 1 instance of steamfont with 70 players again we could use you guys to assist us - maybe.
    Senadin likes this.
  11. Havenbrook Journeyman

You mean "forced you to pay to play on that server?"
  12. Havenbrook Journeyman

You dont make any sense. I dont run a company, and I host the servers for my friends. You ripped my post out of context. I was stating the difficulty to setup a TLP. Nothing in there about marketing or paying for it.
  13. Havenbrook Journeyman

I dont even know how to respond to you.
  14. Yara_AB Augur

No - the didn't force me because I am a paying customer for years so the TLP servers are there for my pleasure whenever I want to hop on them.

But most likely you also walk into the store grabbing stuff and then wondering when they stop you at the door asking you to please pay for what you want to have?
    Please stop it - this literally is just whining about not getting something for free that really has enough people willing to pay without being forced to because they value the service to be worth their membership fee.
  15. Tarrin Augur

Then please give any other reason why a free player should have access to "current" content.
  16. Ceffener Augur

Setting up an emulated server for 10 people to play on is nothing like setting up a server with 4k people playing at once.

You are either already paying and just bored today. Or your not paying and just bored today.

Trolls gotta troll.

Hell just play the freely available officially supported classic experience. No one will miss you.
  17. Yara_AB Augur

/irony
    Because that badly overcrowded server with hundreds of people working on content in a single zone (lets just sum up players of all instances of that zone *grin*) really need more people to "work on content" and to use up a slot of the server.

You know - we love "being forced to pay to play on that server" - didn't you?
    /irony off

I pretty much think he only wants to play on those servers badly but simply wants it for free and tries to reason with simply invalid arguments.
  18. Havenbrook Journeyman

You cant be serious. You call a discussion of someones point of view, "whining". Todays market consists of "Free to play" and it has specific servers to paid players, like 2 of them, and they refuse to make one for ALL players. That is the problem
  19. Yara_AB Augur

Why should they?
    TLP servers cause them more work. Point.

Where do you take all that entitlement from?
    And hey - did you know you can have your "TLP" for free to play folks already?
    Just go ahead and restrict your gameplay to only use the original zones - problem solved.
  20. Tarrin Augur

They refuse to make one for all players?

The majority of servers are for all players. You don't really have any leg to stand on in this fight. I am still waiting for any reason why you feel the TLP servers should be free to play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.