Six months before Kunark is insane

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Giappo, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drathus Augur

One of my suggestions was to increase spawn rates of boss encounters. Yes, guilds would still attempt to dominate targets. However, if you increase the rate enough, guilds are more likely to come to some kind of agreement.

As it stands, a 12 guild rotation would mean 1 kill every 36 days. So with the hands off attitude of Daybreak, the raid scene is going to be complete chaos. With an increase spawn rate, they could bring a little sanity to the server.

When I started playing on the Lanys server from day one, we had 3 raiding guilds on the server doing Kunark and Planes content. We actually joined up with one of the guilds and did joint raids.

This isn't going to be anything like many people have experienced in the past.
  2. MBear Augur

it might start like that but within a few months half the dozen raiding guilds will be gone. They are going to cannibilize each other really fast. Guilds who don't have the structure to mobilize will either turn into non-raiding guilds or they will get absorbed by the others.
  3. Drathus Augur

A single guild with 300 members needs just as much loot as 10 guilds with 30 members.

As I said above, on Lanys we had three raiding guilds with about 150 total raiders. how many raiders are we expecting on Ragefire?
  4. MBear Augur

Not accurate. People will quite, take breaks, and stop raiding. You are assuming that each and every raid guild member will end up in a raid guild. That isn't going to happen. If you want to use those numbers then you would say that a single guild with 200 members needs as much gear as 10 guilds with 30 members and that isn't accurate.
    We definitely had more than 150 raiders in Kunark era on Lanys. I wasn't paying enough attention in classic to notice, though.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

WAY back, they dropped many mobs from 7 day spawns to 3.5. Today, we're going to be 6 months to Kunark whereas back in 1999 it took 13 months. Based on that alone, they should cut that 3.5 in half again; not even considering the extreme overcrowding we'll see.
  6. Gleipnir Journeyman

I definitely wouldn't say raid guilds are a detriment to the game, someone has to push to unlock content. I would say only 1 top raid guild with no one challenging that status is detrimental especially if that guilds idea of fun is blocking everyone else, since the more active competition you have the more likely a compromise will have to be reached or more likely the environment becomes so toxic towards each other and the rest of the server population that DBG has to step in with a solution whether it be a change to how raid encounters are handled or how they enforce the rules. Cooperative agreements don't spring out of wishful thinking, they come from external factors(either player conflict and competition or GM enforced behavior)
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing down this thread. This conversation is happening in a lot of other threads... no need to start another one!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.