Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stageguy Lorekeeper

YES! Please make the bazaar vendor bags larger!
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Stageguy Lorekeeper

It would be really nice if Hot Zones were changed on a regular schedule. Doing the same daily over and over again since June of 2013 has grown old... and that is an understatement. I would like to suggest a hot zone change every 4 months.
    Cazmac, Lisandra and Maxe like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

Here's a question, how come Dragon's Prophet and just about every other game gets its own Twitch channel and Everquest has to use the generic Daybreak one...

way to make us feel real wanted there.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. guado Augur

EverQuest was probably already taken on twitch, it's probably as simple as that, man. Or something, I don't know how twitch works heh.
  5. Sancus Augur

Okay... So here are my questions:
    1. Could Remorseless Servant be excluded from using Twincast counters, just as many other spells were in the recent patch, since it currently wastes a counter?
    2. Could pet melee DPS be reported to me, or something of the sort? Right now if I don't stand extremely close to the mob, no one in the raid can accurately parse me, as I will miss pet melee DPS and they cannot parse my pet proc DPS
    3. Is there any chance that the XP nerf in RoF and prior content will be reverted?
    4. Will there be multiple of tiers of raids, each with different levels of difficulty, in the future?
    5. Is there any chance of more CToV-esque raids in the future?
    I know I've thought of many other questions, but they're escaping me at the moment.
    Lisandra and Fnyanea like this.
  6. Sostenes Augur

Hello Roshen,

I am certain that the idea behind any game (mmo or console) is to have an enjoyable/addicting/appealing product so that the customers not only come to play but also remain playing and invite others to do so.

Everquest in its 15 years has ventured in to many unexplored territories as one of the few remaining functioning pioneers in its genre.

My question is:

Can anything be done with the already existing resources available to spice up the game?

By that I mean as a player that doesnt care to go to higher levels than 105, doesnt care for yearly expansions, don't care for new tradeskills or new aa's, etc.

What I would care to see is more unlockable content/achievements within the existing game (weapons, bags, special ornaments, clickies, etc) similar to RoF where if you collect ALL collectables you get a box and a special item, etc

I believe that it would be appreciated by current players, no too costly for Daybreak and easy for the devs to produce more in-game toys which players can obtain after collecting certain things in old zones, killing certain juiced up old bosses, etc.

Lavastorm has tons of forage able items that have zero use for any tradeskill, they're just there for no reason...

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

Sostenes
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

are there any plans for changes or overhauls to the restrictions on free to play characters, notably easing of prestige equipment in legacy content or lifting AA restrictions?
  8. Numiko Augur

maybe you're right there, I searched twitch for Everquest and got a bunch of project 1999 video's .. though they could have used Everquest 1.

and I do appreciate they are doing this, was just surprised we do not have our own channel when every other game they publish has one.
  9. Naewizzy New Member

1) If the RoF xp nerf won't be reconsidered, can you at least correct it so that it doesn't impact players lower than 101 that are grouped with players 101 and up?

2) How hard is it to revamp old zones similar to the anniversary revamps? A lot of people are calling for a progression server to experience old world zones, PoP for example, in all their glory again. The last expansion had 8 new zones. I wouldn't mind an expansion that was a revamped 105 PoP with maybe 4 or 5 new zones of PoP style. I would happily pay for that.
    Fnyanea likes this.
  10. Hingabe Augur

My first question: will someone be tasked with going through these forum posts (sense heading/veteran/etc) and reading/relaying it all to the new team? Some of the threads are very lengthy, and in my opinion, neglected by the people who had the ability to make changes for the good of the game. Which really ended up taking EverQuest in a very negative direction. There are some incredibly knowledgable and respectable players who have phenominal ideas in these posts. All they need is someone to hear them out, instead of just ignoring them because it wasnt in the predetermined vision.
    Will the recent nerfs be reviewed? Pet nerfs really destroyed a lot of playability for a lot of folks. A great many of us play on odd schedules and end up playing alone the majority of the time. Some people honestly enjoy a little solitude, even in a mmorpg. It was a forefront for almost everyone who played a necromancer in the past. Not to mention it can be difficult at times to get people to leave their own agenda to help you with your own.
    Which also can be argued for the HA lockouts, and the XP nerfs made it far worse. I agree with a statement about EQ having a ton of content, and the developers wanted more people to experience it all, but then their "fix" did the exact opposite, by funneling everyone into even fewer zones. There was a prime opportunity to give people a real reason to actually go out and experience it all, but wasted that opportunity with constantly choosing the wrong avenue(s) to implement these things.
    Will ways to repopulate ghost town zones be discussed? I think there are many relatively easy ways to fix this. The landscapes dont need changed, but things can be added or tweaked, quests mob invasions, whatnot.
    A thought that comes to mind, firiona vie has been in construction phase since kunark dropped. Im surprised there wasnt some plan to make it feel more alive. And it isnt the only zone on norrath with flaws like this that take away from the immersion.
    Will there be a more consistant relationship between the playerbase and daybreak, from here on out? We really appreciate when we are treated with respect and our opinions are valued. Just keep in mind. The playerbase *wants* you to succeed here, financially and otherwise.
    Will the polling system that is already in place be used more, when decisions need to be discussed and quantified?
  11. Kravitz Augur

Will we ever get a new bazaar/barter system? With close to 1 million tradable items in EQ and the restriction of 100 tradable items, unless you feel like sitting in chat channels all day spamming WTS/WTB, the bazaar system needs a massive overhaul. It worked during the Luclin era, but we are way past those days.

Also, would be nice if a new system didn't hold your account hostage so you can play other aspects of the game.
    Dyna and Mayfaire like this.
  12. Hingabe Augur

Will you reach out to those who unsubbed if you do fix these issues? It seems SoE wouldnt have sold out if EQ were still a cash cow. But now that it is yours, will you feed it so it lives and thrives, or will it continue to just be milked dry? I would love to resub my 3 accounts, and before all of the nerfs, had plans to sub 3more, to 6box. But I just couldnt give my money to a company who stopped caring about the playerbase, and wanted to dictate their version of "fun"
  13. Giappo Augur

Will there be a new progression server and when?
    Pwnography likes this.
  14. Prathun Developer

Skimming the game update notes shows that the team has been fixing bugs, big & small, old & new, every month. Bug fixing has been a focus and will continue to be in the future.
    Yinla, Iila and Melanippe like this.
  15. Feeonaa Journeyman

I would like to ask what you folks envision for the future of the game, however it is pretty bleak since you guys gutted it. There is no longer any phone support, no chat support, petitions are not being answered ... my petition is on its 7th day with no answer. Forum questions are being ignored, and some guild leaders in the "Veteran's Forum" have been told that there will be no future expac for this game.

So, maybe you can clarify what plans are in store for this game.

Thanks
  16. Crystilla Augur

That is a little misleading since one of the main Dev contributors toward those bug fixes is no longer with Daybreak. (I actually thought it was part of his job when he returned and was happy that someone was giving a lot of attention to those update threads which had been severly lacking). I do realize you've been posting in there a lot as well.

I think a larger issue related to bug fixing is the time it takes from reporting to fix (and many times months go by and then a Dev says we never saw this). So my question is related to processes used for bug fixing. "I believe the current system of bug reporting may not be the most efficient way to get bugs/issues fixed fast. Will the team consider new options or start a thread asking for player thoughts on how best to speed up the process."
    Mardy likes this.
  17. Xanadas Augur

Would like information on new progression servers. When, what they'll look like, rules, timetables, etc and something a little more specific than "maybe in the future" as an answer.

Thanks
  18. Crystilla Augur

Two questions:

1. Phone support has been completely down (from what numerous players are saying when they try calling in) and others are reporting long CS petition wait times. What can be shared about these departments and future plans moving forward so people know how to get issues resolved.
    2. Staff wise, who should we be reporting issues to now that some of the 'system' folks are no longer with Daybreak?
  19. Abazzagorath Augur

Is the exp nerf for level 101+ players in pre-CotF content going to be reversed? Horrible, horrible decision. Needs to be rectified asap because there are a lot of year long expansions bought during the last $99 promo period that are ending in 3 months and you are going to lose a lot of paid subs if it hasn't been fixed by then. Lots of alt accounts especially.
    Axxius, Warpeace, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  20. TibalMurphy Elder

my only two questions that i care about...

1. Will the bug where you block group bestial alignment form ever be fixed because right now it blocks the illusion AND the buff.

2. Will the shared ferocity line EVER be MGBable, it would make it much easyer for us bsts, and all the AFKers would be super happy to have that 28 min attack buff.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.