TDS Off Raid 1 Tita's Ghost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insaneox Augur

Well said exactly what I meant.
  2. Smokn Augur

3. Abazzagorath Augur

Who cares one way or the other than about 10 people posting here?
    Silentchaos and Genoane like this.
  4. Battleaxe Augur

11 8P

PoWar was originally going to be an available for a short time event. It became a de facto (in contrast to a de jure) part of the progression when it was made permanent.

Consider the augs. What serious endgame raid guild is going to pass up on those augs? Then there's the currency.

It's reasonable to claim most guilds saw the event as too hard even given its rewards and the fact that it wasn't recognized as a beat the expansion achievement as a good reason to put off trying it. As soon as a not ROI guild beat it that way of thinking changed rather dramatically, right? It wasn't progression that was the issue - it was perceived difficulty.

The same is true of the non-progression events in TDS. SOE might not list them as part of the beat the expansion achievement, but they definitely have raid rewards that make them an integral part of more rapid if doing them than not progression.

Some want to claim they are a raid achievement and should be part of any reasonable raid guild ranking system? I can see their point.

Some look at the progression achievement and note their absence? I can see their point too - however I'll also note that those grapes are not sour Mr. Fox. In fact they are especially sweet.

IF EQ is kill monster, rescue princess, loot treasure then PoWar and the non-progression events are worthy of ranking consideration (de facto approach).

IF EQ is raid event A, G, H, and I - ignoring the progressing your guild value of raid events not listed in a Progression Achievement then they should not be considered when ranking guilds (de jure approach).

Some guilds pursue both and some apparently do not.
  5. Adanted New Member

All this argument is pointless.

RoI is undisputed #1 guild. They have been for years and will continue to be due entirely on their dedication to take off work, put aside family time, etc to log in the moment servers come up on release day to beat an event. Not saying they dont have very talented players in their guild because they do but so do many other guilds.

Until a high end guild decides to do that same thing, they arent going to have any competition. Personally if you have multiple guilds beat the same event on the same day they are tied for 1st place considering it took the same amount of attempts to beat the same event and the only differential being who got up and got a raid force together earlier.

Rankings should be based on what day you beat it then tiebreakers should be
    1. # of attempts
    2. Time from beginning to end to complete event
    3. Who beat it first.

This competition has turned into who can get a raidforce online first to beat an event and not who the actual "better" guild is.

On the subject of DA tanking to win an event. If you have done it, cool good for you on the loot but dont go bragging about beating something before everyone, you know you didnt do it the right way whether its illegal or just frowned upon. Its the equivalency of starting a marathon, sitting on the sidelines, then when the guy in the lead is coming to the finish line running back in and claiming you won.
    Sathayorn likes this.
  6. Shang Augur

We beat the final event 18 days ago.

We are the only guild that has defeated the final event.

Event 4 was beat 22 days after our first win.
  7. Iila Augur

Man, it must suck for those guilds that do all that never end up getting first. Would hate to be them.
  8. Enkel Augur

Or the event got nerfed into the ground, thus making it accessible to other guilds.
    Sancus, Esero, Velora and 2 others like this.
  9. Sottovoce New Member

this quote could not possibly be more perfectly placed

congratulations triton, you happened to walk into a nerfed event and claim that you're #1 because you beat it
    Savager, Qulas, Esero and 1 other person like this.
  10. Esero Elder

[IMG]
    Enkel, Savager and Iila like this.
  11. Shang Augur

More curious how it took them 21 minutes o_O
    Savager and Esero like this.
  12. Sottovoce New Member

perhaps they were spending too much time dying on prenerf-wave 2 or something to even see the latter ones

idk it's hard for me to imagine being stuck there
  13. Bryender New Member

They used Bard tanks, with MASSIVE DPS! You all are jelly.

and what?

that's right, and what...
  14. Shang Augur

A bard can tank the Vitali now that they hit for 1/10 of what they previously did, yes.
  15. Aldryn Another New Member

The fact that it took us all of six minutes to progress the event to the final wave at 6% makes me almost feel sad that it took you ~20 minutes to complete that. Like I said before, congrats on your asterisk and gold star for coloring inside the lines. I hope all the trolling was worth it.

I think a new list is in order:

Top Guilds to Never Accept Axxius or Anyone From Triton Because Terrible
    1. Realm of Insanity
    Iila, Romance and Savager like this.
  16. Smokn Augur

Oo Axx look bry is givin out our LEET Stratss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Kellaer Augur

[IMG]
  18. Smokn Augur

I dont want this number 1 spot you can have it
  19. Aldryn Another New Member

It took all of 2 minutes for the typical, "Oh crap, they schooled us again and we have absolutely nothing we can say in return because we're awful so we're just going to insult the lives we don't think they have even though they raid less than three hours a week" reply to come out.

Keep reaching. GG.
    Sathayorn, Iila, Enkel and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sottovoce New Member

seriously, blow all this smoke about how triton is the first to beat the event "legit" and then we walk in there after our lockout is up (which we got pre-nerf btw) and find that the adds walk with canes now, then you go claim that we don't have a life?

i play 4 hours a week and i do more in one night than you guys have done in 3 months.

how's that for a life?
    Iila, Esero, Bahdah and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.