Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Casidia Augur

Pikeys repeated the win today, took us a few wipes before it clicked again but seems fine overall...
    when not all raids are easy farm it keeps people in shape =p
    Crystilla likes this.
  2. Adroxia Elder

We follow the Pikey method ... not always great to look at, but it sure is fun and exciting :p

No charming for us no way!!
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1 wipe because people didn't listen
    1 wipe because people LDed at wrong the wrong time
    Win because everyone paid attention.
    Situation normal!

Everyone needs to be on good form and paying attention. Proud to get that second win and prove the first wasn't a fluke. :)
    Crystilla, Stubar and Iila like this.
  4. Adroxia Elder

Wasn't my fault I went LD ... I blame BT, the evil fiends.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wasn't just you, my comp turned itself off!
  6. Edrick Augur

Very nice.
  7. Nudia Augur

This has been killed again by a handful of guilds and IL has posted a new kill, so the bard changes weren't really all that major. If you had the bards to manage before smoothly, you have plenty of CC to manage now. The lag removed made a huge difference.

Good luck to all the guilds working on this - it's a tough one and certainly isn't in the "30-40 guilds will beat this event as-is" territory yet, but it's not untouchable.
    Crystilla likes this.
  8. Zahrym Augur

I like this raid personally, first one in a very long time I could say that about unfortunately.
  9. Berrad_Bounty Journeyman

I certainly enjoyed the raid, and a win felt good. The having to redo the bang your head on the table first half of the event could be tiresome after a few tries.
  10. Axxius Augur

Bard mez working around the silence mechanic was pretty much a crutch for the terrible lag. Once all our tanks were able to pick up adds without failing cause of the lag, our 2nd kill was much less painful than the 1st.

This raid still requires significant resources (tanking/healing/cc/dps) that only a small number of guilds in EQ can field. It's still not going to happen for the guild with 6 tanks and 10 total healers. I see a nerf in this raid's future, to accommodate the masses.
    Iila likes this.
  11. Vlerg Augur

that guild got it down to 5% , 2 red add no blue and a tank who suddently LD'd... it's a shame. loose bayle went loose and killed a couple DPS'er. Of course after that attempt, 10 people had to log off.

Tomorrow!
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Iila Augur

The lag made the event complete BS in the 1.0 version. I can understand any guild that didn't want to work through that. But now that the lag has been removed, the raid itself is a solid challenge but certainly not impossible.

I feel like there should be a intro raid for the tier that's easier than this one, but with the lag removed, this raid should be beatable for the serious raid guilds. It won't be beatable for the lower tier guilds till it gets tuned down or player power increases.
  13. Zahrym Augur

Denial is the first stage.
  14. Axxius Augur

The mini phase from this raid should have been ToR #1. It's harder than most of T1 raids anyway.
    Iila likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

Perhaps you are understating your numbers then. Because 10 total healers means that you have 8 groups with 1 healer and 1 group with 2. Ranger and beastlord heals must be all the rage. ;)
  16. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Plane of War is not worth the time investment. Tower of Rot isn't either, really, but when you beat all 8 CotF T1 on your first day of raiding, there's not much to do for day 2.
    Elricvonclief and Fenudir like this.
  17. Stubar Augur

Maybe, however people still climb Mt Everest because it's a challenge and there's no phat lewts to be had there.

I ran half marathons just because...no other reason that to see if I could do it. It really is a matter of opinion.

Some guilds want to keep pushing the envelope of their abilities, other don't. It's all preference.
    Bahdah, Yinla and Enkel like this.
  18. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I don't disagree with you at all. I'll keep doing it because it's a challenge and hasn't become redundantly automatic like all past raids. The loot and cash reward (4 months until I can buy something, wooo???) make me feel okay if the event suddenly went away entirely.
    Stubar likes this.
  19. Drakang Augur

I like pushing the envelope but not to the point where part of the raid force stops showing up when they thing something painful might be called. That point is different for every guild.
    Elricvonclief, Stubar and Fenthen like this.
  20. Enkel Augur

Or you could just raid one day and down ToR, CoTF 1, and PoW, then just afk for the next week.
    Aldren, Synisca, Esero and 2 others like this.