Tower of Rot Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, May 25, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

In half the time of our other kills!
    Bahdah, Enkel and Stubar like this.
  2. Stubar Augur

Start-- 6/22/2014 4:35:49 PM
    Finish-- 6/22/2014 4:50:01 PM

Cuz Beta'd
    Bahdah and Enkel like this.
  3. Teapot New Member

4. Enkel Augur

yeah, it's a normal length event now.
  5. Drakang Augur

Got bayle to 5%, No fallen and started working royals. Miscommunication lead to, to much DPS moving to royals and the next pop with advisors did not get burned or would have had it. But that was with a raid perfectly stacked by drawing from 2 raid teams (we have 2 in guild) to build as close to a perfect setup as we could with who was on. So we will beat it but only on days we have a full turnout of the perfect setup. After that it gets very iffy as the bar is set very high on tanking, healing and DPS. Still think it could be tuned down a bit to make it more farmable without a perfect alignment or massive DPS.
  6. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Fallen have 6.5 Mil roughly per. There are two Fallen per 5% and two per 45 seconds. So the timed adds require 288888 dps to keep down and if you kill at a steady rate the percentage adds will double that to 577777 dps for say 225 seconds if you do 1 group of timed adds per percentage adds. If you force the percentage adds faster the requirement changes by only a fraction but decreases the duration.

Three Necros on Bayle can take him down in that time frame.

To kill the Royals at 5%, there are 8 total at about 5 Mil average for 40 Million total damage needed. Worst case you might deal with three sets of Fallen over a 90 second span here, making the requirement 877777 dps for 90 seconds.

So for the final phases you have 577777 dps for 225 seconds then 877777 dps for 90 seconds, which is 663491 dps averaged over the 315 seconds. If I divide my individual output on this portion by the total amount I get a surprisingly low number of people needed.

The only way I can see DPS as an issue is if they are dying, which is a tanking/control issue then. Otherwise, DPS is just being very bashful.
    Enkel, Stubar and Iila like this.
  7. Enkel Augur

Yeah, 1 or 2 groups have enough dps to drop the phases people are claiming "Only certain guilds have enough dps to beat this!"
    Stubar likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

That would be the case if these mobs didn't cast spells. Their abilities make the final phases pretty chaotic and make it harder to apply the dps efficiently. That's after fielding enough non-dps classes to handle all mobs.
  9. Marshall Maathers Augur

And the table. Enough said.
  10. Teapot New Member

And the table is why many haven't beat the event?
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

I am saying it is going to slow down the DPS, that is all.
  12. OldTime New Member

Once you go 30plus days with no win,
    People start logging in late
    People start logging early
    People post that their cat is sick and they might come back in a month
    This is not 11 years ago. People like a challenge, But at a certain point the challenge is no longer fun
    The amount of people playing is low enough as it is
    EQ never recovered the people lost to Uqua
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  13. Iila Augur

Hate the table.

Raids shouldn't have furniture or objects hanging around unless they're 'clear' for line of sight.
    Fenthen, Savager, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  14. Teapot New Member

Agreed, apparently the table is what is blocking guilds from progressing. I'm just a lowly raider, but from what I've heard it's a mix of the table, the dps check, and the lag. Now the lag is gone, and the dps check isn't as hefty because of that, because the lag was lowering everyone's dps, then only the table remains as the culprit I assume. I need to race change from gnome though, cause I can't see over that thing...............
  15. Iila Augur

There's a steamsuit illusion in the marketplace that will help you see over the table.

Your whole guild could turn into steamsuits to negate the line of sigh issues caused the table, then there would no excuses!
    Bahdah likes this.
  16. Teapot New Member

If we didn't have an excuse, then how could we save face?
  17. Iila Augur

By beating the event.
  18. Zantor Augur

I know for my guild, its the red con adds in the 25% phase that does us in, got Balye to 9 - 10 % a few times now but the adds overwhelm us. Is a lot of annoying things about this raid, just for how long it is if 1 or 2 people screw up your raid is wiped. Or if you get bad luck on some of them mechanics, your raid is wiped.
  19. Insaneox Augur

54 steamsuits in that area I would love to see screen shot of that!
    Fenthen and Iila like this.
  20. Nudia Augur

Raid is still very winnable and the amount of people needed to manage the CC hasn't dramatically changed with the bard changes.

If you're getting to 9-10% but being overwhelmed with adds, see if you can shift more (read: almost all) of your raid resources to adds and leave only what is needed to very, very slowly bring down Bayle.

I think some of the people posting just enough detail to not share their own strats has muddled things a bit. There are a few legitimate ways to handle the adds and the end of this fight - people just need to figure out which method fits their guild and the raid composition fielded on any given day.