Just When the Citizens of Qeynos Thought Things Couldn't Get Any Worse

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 13, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

When Lendiniara arrived, terrible occurrences were witnessed across Norrath. Many believed that this upheaval marked the end of the world. The proactive guards of Qeynos have been diligently working to set things right in West Karana. As these disturbances continued unresolved, no one on the Qeynos guard would have guessed that the next disaster would affect their home city.

“We need your help. In case you didn't notice on your way here, what with all the teleportation you folks do, there are monsters and people invading Qeynos.” - Captain Deidre Harath

Creatures are spilling out of openings in Ethernere into the city of Qeynos and assaulting the citizens of that peaceful city. Captain Deidre Harath has been assigned to deal with the issue and is enlisting the assistance of anyone that thinks that they can make a difference. In addition, the master of the wizard guild, Gahlith Wrannstad, has been tasked with learning more about these creatures and finding a way to get rid of them once and for all.

Starting Wednesday, May 14, 2014, the first phase of the Tower of Rot launch event begins. Strange things are happening in the general Qeynos area and the city needs YOUR help! Captain Deidre Harath is enlisting the help of able-bodied adventurers, and the quests offered by Deidre and Gahlith will be available until Monday, July 7, 2014.

When Qeynos is under attack by beings from Ethernere, will you come to the aid of the citizens of this fair city?

This content is tuned for players that are level 85 and higher. Players may need a small group to complete these quests.

The Tower of Rot zone becomes available on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
  2. Zantor Augur

Staggered release on barely any content? So what will be released tomorrow and not much warning on it.
  3. Feradach Augur

It's stated pretty clear in the post. There's no mention of a staggered release at all. It's the first phase of a launch event leading up to the release of Tower of Rot.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Zantor Augur

So releasing it in 2 stages isn't a staggered release? Getting some tomorrow and rest on May 14th.
  5. Feradach Augur

There is absolutely no mention of any part of Tower of Rot being released tomorrow. Did you even read the post?
  6. Reprisal Augur

I'd know so much more lore if it all came in comic format.
    Fanra, Gyurika Godofwar and beryon like this.
  7. Zantor Augur

Nope, not read it at all, just thought I would say anything that came to mind. So when they said the first phase starts on May 14th, guess that was just in my head.
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

The Tower of Rot zone will release to players next week on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

The point of this event is to explain where we're at in the story line before Tower of Rot is available to players. A couple of quest givers will become available tomorrow, and there will be another one available to players later in the week.
  9. Zantor Augur

So have to wait till July 7th for the rest? To access the 2 quest npc's?
  10. Rorce Augur

I don't even...did you pull that date out of your ?
  11. Feradach Augur

He has to be doing that on purpose now, right? For the sake of humanity in general, I really hope so.
  12. Kolani Augur

How are they managing to get past the guards for the rotting pile of gnoll carcasses?
  13. Antiok New Member

Captain Deirdre Wellspring is enlisting the help of able-bodied adventurers, and the quests offered by Deirdre and Gahlith will be available until Monday, July 7, 2014.
  14. Zantor Augur

Ok, part of that was my bad, I not see the until part. But the dates are all there if you read the one paragraph.
  15. Eluwenie Augur

Roshen, can you tell us what level this quest is for? Most content these days I know are over 90+ also needed are groups and raids, not much info on this regarding if this is a solo mission, group or raid, level, etc. thank you.
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

Players are required to be at least level 65 to get these quests.

That being said, this content is tuned for level 85 and higher characters. Players may need a small group to complete these quests.
    Eluwenie likes this.
  17. Vladrik New Member

I am having the same problem after logging off to patch for this, I am getting the same error as above.
    missing mscvr100.dll file. running windows 7.
  18. CaptAmazing Augur

Whats the rewards?
  19. Feradach Augur

I just logged on to test to check out these launch events, and I definitely foresee lots of grief tomorrow. Respawn rate on the critters outside Qeynos might not be able to keep up with demand. This is gonna be fun. :)
  20. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I recognize that Warrior epic. Captain Wellspring has apparently been to Anguish and back.