Just When the Citizens of Qeynos Thought Things Couldn't Get Any Worse

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 13, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You sure you didn't steal his dress for yourself? :D
  2. Koneko Augur

seeing as all the city guards and merchants are being killed even the translocator is being killed why not add some faction hits for them liking you for stopping them from being in a death loop
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Next Expansion: "Bristlebane Breaks The Wall".

No, not the wall in Misty Thicket, but the 4th wall!

Plane of Mischief, a 'Burned' Woods that relocates each week, A confused madman attacks saying "You think I'm just in a game, but how do you know YOU aren't?"

Raid 'NPC's with green developer names, watch out for 'Elidroth', his 'Nerf Aura' negates your AAs!, and 'Chandrok' will raise the effective recommended level on your gear by 5!
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

How awkward :(

I was working off an old design document when writing up this article, and it looks like the NPC name was wrong in it. Hopefully Captain Deidre Harath doesn't read the forums.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

So her name is and will stay "Captain Deidre Harath"?

I'll just change any mention of Captain Deirdre Wellspring to Captain Deidre Harath. You might want to change your post http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...hought-things-couldn’t-get-any-worse….210714/

Changing the comic panel would take the Art department, though (unless you want to sneak in and try your hand at it, and I'm sure some people reading this thread could whip up a change in about 60 seconds). :cool:
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  7. Eluwenie Augur

Roshen, I really appreciate you're quick response on these quests regarding my question. Thank you :)
  8. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Finished all 3 quests in phase 1 now, waiting on next Wednesday for the final part.

Qeynos was a bit scarce of mobs, but Qeynos Hills had plenty, quest seems a bit screwed up as it was listed as all zones and the mobs only counted in Qeynos not in Qeynos Hills for the first task.

Took us a few hours to get all 3 quests finished, after doing the quests we didn't have any time for anything else tonight. :(
  9. Koneko Augur

try south Qeynos for things to kill it is anything but barren of them the merchants on the other hand..... look near the warrior guild
  10. Calia Journeyman

Those invading mobs sure do talk funny.

[Wed May 14 19:58:17 2014] a bandit tusvcv fu ajtatk A rylhbt.
    [Wed May 14 19:58:19 2014] a bandit searcheo yxur borfse ryr eqnt.
  11. ITPalg New Member

I haven't really played this game since 2004.

I logged in to see what I could do with my level 68 and no idea who these pirates are I am supposed to talk to. I handed in the crystal and no directions on where to find them, who they are, etc are given.
  12. Yinnie the Pink Elder

New pirate language!
  13. Geroblue Augur

Is this 'bad things gating in' for just the Tower of Rot, or is this something that will happen in other zones ? I have often wondered why when my characters gate out of combat, one or more of the mobs aren't gated with my toon.
  14. Matthyas New Member

Is it just me, or are the rewards for this series of tasks very underwhelming? Barely any experience and you get a fancy title and a little bit of platinum, that's about it or am I missing something?
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. Koneko Augur

the rewards might not be great I will agree but in some ways I like this as a weekly event over getting the 14th year anniversary tasks split up or something myslef
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Someone said the 2nd phase starts on Saturday 17th May, I thought it was next Wednesday, seems strange to have 2 lots of weekly content in 1 week.

Not seeing that announced anywhere is that correct?

Hoping for something a bit more substantial than the first phase.
  17. Riou EQResource

Roshen posted it in the Vet Lounge thread about it :) It looks to have been made may 17th to have the final pre-launch phase BEFORE the tower of rot opens hehe instead of same time
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bah, I haven't looked at that thread since you announced you had the info on EQresource.

I would have expected that info in the announcement forum not in vet forum. :( and its on page 2 now so not easy to spot.

Need to make sure I read every thread now. :(

Thanks for the info.
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

I posted in the EQresource thread to clarify Riou's date for the start of the second phase of these quests.

You're right, news and announcements is the right place for announcements. The second phase of this event starts tomorrow, May 17. The information on the second phase of the Tower of Rot launch event can be found in the post here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...st-the-dead-roaming-around-dead-hills.210791/
  20. smash Augur

You write it is targeted for level 85+, well having mobs hits for 16k+ is pretty steap for that level.