Just When the Citizens of Qeynos Thought Things Couldn't Get Any Worse

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 13, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Do a search and steal it from Firefox or something. Worked here.
    -R
  2. Fendy Augur

I'm having another problem. EQ crashed and when running the patcher I'm getting
    [IMG]
    I checked and EQGraphicsDX9.dll does exist in the proper location.
  3. Axxius Augur

And yet you made us kill those proactive Qeynos guards and their commander, who were clearly good guys, instead of helping them kill the dragon that's spreading the corruption of Ethernere into Norrath! :(

The lore of this expansion makes no sense at all.
    Yinla, Ayoheee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Lore makes enough sense to me. Guards in Qeynos have been corrupt for ever. Kane Bayle has been corrupt forever. Time to continue to purge the corruption that has been rampant. Now if only they dropped bracers to turn into the karanas.........
  5. Len13 New Member

I found the file in the Nvidia driver folder and copied it to the Everquest folder to fix this.
  6. Tobynn Augur

Captain Deidre Harath is annoyed that her name was all screwed up in that comic panel.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ayoheee like this.
  7. Ayoheee Augur

I successfully requested the group task with a 9 hour lockout FYI (not that anyone would want to do that pointless quest twice).
  8. Tobynn Augur

Same here. I completed From Whence They Came, and received the expected lockout timer 10 hours -ish. Couple minutes later, I went through the dialog with Gahith a second time, just to see if he also offered a second task, and he gave me Whence again. So, I completed it again. Intentionally tried to fetch it a 3rd time and the 1st lockout prevented me doing so.
  9. Casidia Augur

Didn't we see a drawing show in the EqN presentation, where Qeynos seems to get razed by the dragon and the people flee/sail to another place?
    Or did i interpret this whole thing wrong =p
  10. Saave Augur

: / that makes a lot of sense.
  11. DerPapou New Member

This NEW quest blows me away..see link : (solo mission btw...)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7525
    and the rewards..(from same site)

Rewards:
    75 platinum :D
    Experience (about half an AA at Level 100)

These are all lvl 95-101 mobs that hits for average 14000 !
    Example of a lvl 99-101 mob to be found in this quest

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=47016

I starting to wonder that Sony thinks we all have +100K HP and 15000AA’s, who can SOLO these mobs without being in a group? A tank Merc is no help in this quest, they will be cut to shreds in seconds..

Maybe i’m getting this all wrong, but if these figures are real I’m sure not many players will go up against these mobs, whats the point of these UBER quests without proper reward and satisfaction...

Can someone check this and give feedback?
    Many thanks!:)
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm completely lost on the lore in this expansion, whos side are we on now?
    Guards, the Dragon or neither? :confused:

I don't understand why this hasn't started spreading to our own West Karana, surely it would have come through the bonfire and not just appeared in Qeynos, I'm seriously loosing the plot of this expansion.

What point in time is this all happening, past, present or future....or another reality?

House of Thule was all dreams and Seeds of destruction was the past, this one I just don't know.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yinla:
    I'm completely lost on the lore in this expansion, whos side are we on now? Guards, the Dragon or neither? :confused:

IMHO, the Dragon does not want to be here and has no fault in this.
    The Guards are being overly reactive (think Storm Troopers) and represent "police (re)actions without probable cause". The Dragon just wants to go home, and likely lose the underwear over her eyes!

I don't understand why this hasn't started spreading to our own West Karana, surely it would have come through the bonfire and not just appeared in Qeynos, I'm seriously loosing the plot of this expansion.
    What point in time is this all happening, past, present or future....or another reality?

I think this is happening in the present - in our own West Karana right now.
    It's just not feasible to just delete the "Legacy version" of WK for many logistical reasons.
    -Rat
  14. Uxtalzon Augur

I truly hope this is not some prelude to a redesign of Qeynos or any surrounding zones.

The changes to Freeport and Commonlands left behind broken NPCs and quests all over, and worse, they were left unfixed.

That said, crud. Guess I have to wait a few weeks before planning anything in Qeynos. NPCs and merchants dying left and right. Maybe if the guards in EWK did their job and actually fought stuff rather than stand around all day, this wouldn't be happening. Except for Lieutenant Rolth, none of them do anything.
  15. Fendy Augur

I'm KOS in Qeynos. How do I join the ranks of the invaders and help smite this city? It is full of half-elves, thereby proving their intent on corrupting pure elven races!
    Axxius likes this.
  16. Fendy Augur

Yup
    [IMG]
  17. Nephrenia-Sarah_B New Member

Blame all us silly travelers, but when you need help, you always ask us to kill stuff.
  18. Axxius Augur

Apparently Miss Wellspring is now Mrs Harath. Congratulations are in order! :)

Her first name is still misspelled.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why isn't Gahlith wearing a robe?
  20. Fendy Augur

I only took the picture. I'm not responsible for dressing the NPC's too.
    Diptera and Gyurika Godofwar like this.