GamParse 1.0.4

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornicade_IV Augur

have you ever used a parse? every named in the fight should have its own parse and when you have events with multiple named. you should use multiple parsers

I am sorry this stuff is too complicated for you perhaps you should leave the parsing to others
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

Not stalking you Slasher lol, your posts are just exactly in line with what I am thinking to the point where there's nothing left to be said.

When we want to see parses for burn fights, we want raw dps. When we want to see total contribution to an event like the 2nd part of neriak2, we do a combined. Nobody wants to see scaled on a burn fight, period.

Well obviously I shouldnt use absolutes, or we wouldn't be on page 4. I understand both sides, but am clearly cheering for raw ;)
    Kreacher likes this.
  3. Slasher Augur

lol ever used a parse.

Showing scaled dps for every person is inaccurate and misleading it implies everyone was attacking that named the entire time. The most accurate way to show a persons dps is to show what they did while they were actually attacking the named. If you want to show what a person did during the entire event you combine all the adds and the named. This is where you will get the most accurate contribution to the event. Just showing everyones scaled vs 1 mob is not accurate in fact its extremely misleading.

People want to see the burn vs the named be real data they do not want to see scaled. If they wanted scaled they would combine the entire event.
    Kreacher and SaderakhBertox like this.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

5. Iila Augur

What about exporting Your healing of others? Basically this window, with options to omit self and things linked as pets?
    [IMG]
  6. Phrett Augur

Well for now, thanks for taking the reigns and keeping it up to date... but if I can't export raw dmg I'll have to skip downloading any updates. There's too many instances where I pick up someone touching a mob well before it's time for me to engage it and I don't want inaccurate data based on that... Bixie 1 is just one example of many
  7. Atvar Augur

If you want accurate info on how much someone actually contributed, you look at total damage anyway which gamparse always sorted by, right? By changing how dps is shown, you're basically showing the same thing twice, so why bother?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Genoane like this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm working on a way to suppress off-tanking and kiting. Also, you can still see what your raw dps is by looking at the Overview, the Player DPS tab / Player DPS export, or on the export to HTML function. The ONLY place it was changed was in the Send to EQ function on the overview tab.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Fenudir Augur

You still seem to be completely missing the point. The raw data is exactly what we put out in the moment in chat channels. That's exactly what we DON'T want you touching. I really don't understand why you're not getting that.

I still say take the middle ground and make it a togglable option.
    SaderakhBertox, Kreacher and Atvar like this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

So the issue is that off-tanking and kiting skew the numbers downward, except that if I make it so they don't, it turns out that it wasn't really the issue?

Check.
  11. Fenudir Augur

Off-tanking and kiting aren't major factors in this. I don't know why you think that they are.

I tell you what. It's pointless trying to have this discussion posting back and forth on a forum. If you like, I will send you my vent server info and we can talk about it there and maybe I will be better able to explain to you where I (and many many others) are coming from.
  12. Atvar Augur

The issue is you're trying to use dps to show something it was never meant to show, and destroying its usefulness in the process.
    Behelit likes this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I never said they were major factors, (because they really aren't). Other people here have, and in an attempt to appease them (and because it annoys me personally and was already on my list of things to do), I am attempting to suppress them.

Sure, pm away.
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  14. Kreacher Augur

Awful decision to use scaled DPS.

The scaled numbers are meaningless. People like to compare their best burns against their own classmates as well as other classes and other parses. You cannot do that when using scaled dps. Behelit's guild they might all begin burning at 1secs after engage, my guild might be 20seconds after the engage. A berserker pushing 250k DPS in Behelit's guild might "look" like they are only doing 200k DPS in my guild, when in fact they've just engaged later.
    Using scaled means you are only allowing a comparison between your guildmates on that 1 particular fight. And RAW already does that as it orders the people via total damage.

Without an option to push the raw figures, then people just wont use it.

And I have a feeling that the ONLY reason you are actually pushing for scaled (you are an intelligent person so the logic behind your decision fails) is so that there is a "change" in order to drive demand to download the "new" version.
    Atvar likes this.
  15. Atvar Augur

No, your entire argument is that people sometimes selectively post BS data from gamparse. Who really cares? You can't stop people from being stupid.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There are other options to see the raw figures. There is more than one button in GamParse. Use the Player DPS tab export option and you will see your raw dps for comparison to whatever else you want to.

lol, what? Why would you think I would want or care to try and "drive demand" for it?
  17. Behelit Augur

its like he forgot what the acronym stands for.

let's just start calling "scaled dps" = Damage Per "Time It Took To Kill Mob" or dptittkm for short (not to be confused with actual dps numbers).
  18. Kreacher Augur

Honestly, you've transferred 26million plat to your toon for magelo updates.
    You care what other people think.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Or I just have 26 million plat.
  20. Atvar Augur

Still waiting for that explanation of why it needs changed when total damage already does the same thing...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.