GamParse 1.0.4

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Greetings everyone!

It has been 4 years since the last public update of GamParse, the gold standard for log file parsers for EQ, but the wait is over.

I have taken over development of the program as Gamanarn has all but retired from EQ.

While I know he was working on improving it for most of this time, I do not have a list of everything that was done, but I know several errors were fixed such as the "Restrict by time" option being over the list of tells in full screen mode.

Those things I can say have been changed/added are those that I have worked on myself:
    • Included Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 in the installer. (Gamanern is mainly responsible for this one).
    • Added the option to load just the last 6 hours. (Basically one raid nights worth).
    • Added the option to load just the last 1 hour. (A request).
    • Added checking for Glyph of Arcane/Lost Secrets. (They will show as "M" for 'Mana Glyph').
    • Changed the "Send Summary to EQ" and "Send highlighted to EQ" options to display Scaled DPS instead of raw DPS.
    Example:
    GamParse 1.0.3 and earlier:

/ooc A Greedy Miner in 43s, 2620k @60938dps --- Beimeith 1956k @72439dps --- XXXX 424k @18430dps --- XXXXX 241k @6332dps

GamParser 1.0.4:

/ooc A Greedy Miner in 43s, 2620k @60938sdps --- Beimeith 1956k @45485sdps --- XXXX 424k @9858sdps --- XXXXX 241k @5596sdps

The numbers may look less impressive, but it is a much more accurate representation. You can still see raw dps by looking at the "Player DPS" tab.

NOTE: This change does NOT affect the live fight overlays, they will still show raw DPS.

Finally, I've saved the best for last:
    • Added support for serverwide chat channels! (And players from other servers talking in your local server channels).
    As I have just taken over this project, I cannot guarantee it is bug free, but in the few days I have been using it I have not encountered any problems, which is why I am releasing it for download today.

The Gambosoft.com forums are defunct and you will NOT receive help there. I have been talking with the guys at EQResource about hosting the documentation and giving me a small section of their forums for support and suggestions, but that will be sometime in the future. For now, if you encounter any errors or problems, or have suggestions for future improvements, please contact me in-game via mail (Xegony.Beimeith), or send me a PM here on the forums.

The download is available: here.

I recommend that everyone use the Setup.exe option to install as it ensures you have the proper .NET Framework installed, but I have included the stand-alone GamParse.exe file for those who do not wish to install.

Happy Parsing!
  2. Langya Augur

Add the option to delete your log file and/or save that snippet of it somewhere else at the end of every session while creating a new file at the beginning of every session.....if that option does not exist already past the 100MB back up. A certain level of automated log file management would certainly enhance what the parser does. Maybe also have session data be exportable into Excel or Logger Pro. I bet the real numbers wienies would love that and having a visual representation of an average.
  3. Obiziana Augur

Beimeith, I would just like to say thank you for taking over the project. I know myself and countless others have used Gamparse over they years and greatly appreciate that you are taking over to continue development.
  4. Zophim New Member

Thanks for picking up this project. I thought it was cathedral'd for good.
  5. Angahran Augur

Thanks for taking this over :)
    Have you also taken over GamTexTriggers ?

p.s.
    If the forum is no longer active, you probably want to remove the link to it from the 'Help' menu.
    And, eventually replace the links to GamboSoft with new links to EQResource.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Technically yes, but I am not planning to continue it. GINA is a more advanced program and I do not believe it is worth the effort to try and compete with it. That said, I am going to see if I can find a way so that GP and GINA won't conflict when you try and backup the log files.

I also have GamSettingsMover, though I am not really sure there is room for much improvement on that, (unless SOE makes some kind of change).
  7. Axxius Augur

GINA hasn't been updated in quite a while either. I suspect its author quit EQ long time ago. Any chance you could take over GINA as well? ;)
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That depends entirely on if the author is willing.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Gimagukk has been on an extended break, but hasn't decided whether or not he is done with EQ.
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I can't get GINA to work for me =( The TTS will work, but not a single audio file will play at all. No idea what's wrong. GTT has a few sound files that worked before, but won't work now. No idea what's wrong with that, either. Makes me sad.

Beimeith, would it be possible eventually to be able to change the colors used on the dps overlays? The red, green and yellow text everywhere is painful for me to look at. =(
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

Check your PM
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I left the existing links because it is still the only place to find the documentation for it as yet. Once something else is set up, it will be changed in a future update.
  13. Phrett Augur

I should know this but... what is the exact difference between raw and scaled?
  14. gnomeboss Augur

beimeith, please don't think me obtuse, but i would like some insight on sdps vs dps and why sdps is better. pls and thx. big numbers o_O and all that ...
  15. Smallpox Augur

The first thing that popped into my head after reading this was:
    [IMG]
  16. Behelit Augur

raw is the person's total damage divided by their actual fight time.

scaled dps is a person's total damage divided by the time that a Mob is on aggro...

scaled dps is horrible to look at, as it completely lacks context to give the numbers any sort of meaning. the parser doesnt recognize that multiple mobs are up at the same time, and that some are being offtanked/kited while each one is killed. it just see's a mob on aggro and starts counting fight time. in a raid setting this is obviously a flawed way to view dps when you consider the different roles people are expected to perform and the different personal fight times they will produce.
  17. Smallpox Augur

If that is in-fact true. Latecomers (slackers) to the fight will look like they have bad DPS.
  18. Angahran Augur

The reason I prefer GTT over GINA is that I can just have GTT sitting in it's own folder and it doesn't care where it is run from, it is all self contained.
    GINA has to be installed to a specific location and it is not self contained.
  19. Smallpox Augur

I agree that is stupid, but GINA's features are far superior to GTT.
    http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Features.aspx
  20. Fenudir Augur

Is it possible to put an option to allow "Send Summary to EQ" and "Send highlighted to EQ" to display either raw or scaled DPS at the user's discretion so that the parse would look something like this;

/ooc A Greedy Miner in 43s, (Raw) 2620k @60938dps --- Beimeith 1956k @72439dps --- XXXX 424k @18430dps --- XXXXX 241k @6332dps

/ooc A Greedy Miner in 43s, (Scaled) 2620k @60938sdps --- Beimeith 1956k @45485sdps --- XXXX 424k @9858sdps --- XXXXX 241k @5596sdps
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.