New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy automation Elder

thanks, i can unparcel my gear then:)
  2. Iila Augur

Is that a small group of players compared to all everquest accounts? Or is it an actual small number? Or is it a public relations small number that does not have any actual relation to the words small or number. Same for "large number of items"?
    Pirouette likes this.
  3. Elemtal Lorekeeper

You are punishing the people who obtained a lot of those items using the heroric adventure exploit but not punishing the people who obtained a few of the items. This is really biased and wrong.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Even when I was headshotting lizards to PL alts I didn't hit 5000 mobs in a week. Even when I went on a marathon to evolve my Burden of Truth I only killed 1800 mobs in 12 hours of mind numbing grinding and then didn't do another thing for days. You are as usual overstating what "casual" people or even hard core people for that matter do. You should probably open up your parse program every once in a while to see how many mobs you actually kill in a normal week's worth of play. Unless you are a super hero it probably won't be as much as you think.
    Pirouette likes this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Well, this thread makes me glad I've been mostly playing FF14 the last week.

TheQxx, Sinestra and Pirouette like this.
  6. Elemtal Lorekeeper

I can say with 100% certainty that my main account has lost a total of 10+ items today including augmentations and ornamentations. I like how you guys are gonna punish people who had an EXCESS amount of the items and not EVERYONE who did this. You guys are crooked.
  7. Lazy automation Elder

seriously 5000 mobs is a ton of mobs. well 2.5 tons....
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  8. Mysl Augur

I have a question, what happened to that "small group" of players who sold the ill-gotten items?
  9. Westo Journeyman

Made out like bandits
  10. Elemtal Lorekeeper

Thank you everquest for giving me a reason to never buy another Sony product.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

I'm missing augs. TBH all I know is that I'm missing the 2H DMG aug I've since replaced by buying one in the bazaar for 55kpp (It's currently on my alt and it's lore so I dan't be given another unless it's the pp or an aug given to my main, who doesn't need it) and three other augs that I failed to memorize.

Given that SOE was "less then honest" in destroying my augs I'll expect SOE to return them. Now, IF we're done casting aspersions (other than it was a bad idea, badly done, and the bad outcome was not perfectly handled - all dead honest assessments)...

I'll return to playing the partially not intended game
    and do without the augs I did nothing to lose and SOE decided to delete.

BTW, thanks Roshen for getting back to players on that question. And thanks for agreeing that the augs should not have been deleted. IMO it was an oversight.
  12. Ammeren Augur

I'm just saying if you had 10+ items they deleted, then YOU were one of the people who was using this exploit.
    Crystilla likes this.
  13. Kobrah Augur

Hush your typing Ammeren !!!!
  14. Ammeren Augur

haha they've deleted a lot of my posts referring to Goth, that guys such an .....

Anyway, I stand by what I said previously!
  15. Slasher Augur

I had one item and they deleted it and that item was not gained in that heroic mission. I spent 12 hrs a day for 3 days to get that item 36 total hrs waste of time now.
    Iila likes this.
  16. Kobrah Augur

I love chase items. Gives me something to do.
  17. Mysl Augur

So the guy who sold that 10+ items for 20 Kronos is sitting pretty, but the guy who paid 20 Kronos got his items deleted? I can see why he is upset.
    Sharpshooter and Kaenneth like this.
  18. Pirouette Augur

And how do you propose they identify the difference between those who picked the NPC intentionally and those who simply happened to kill it?

Roshen, your post brings up more questions than it answers. Am I understanding that people who have received one of the items as a trade are invulnerable to having the item deleted? You are aware that people are fully capable of simulating a fake trade when dealing with dirty items, right? The easiest answer would have been to make the items statless (not deleting them)--allowing for the removal of augments--and reverse the trades. That way people who simulated a "fake trade" by popping 200k in a trade window with their alt would have still lost the item without losing augments, and the supposed "Excess" of raid gear from "Guaranteed" drops would be wiped clean; and those who initiated legitimate trades with "illegitimate" items would not have been rewarded for their actions (they would have the platinum returned to its owner).
  19. Elemtal Lorekeeper

Honestly sony has no idea what they are doing in randomly deleting these items. I have 3 characters all without augmentations now. Ornamentations are gone. I highly doubt sony will be giving these augmentations back.
  20. Kobrah Augur

Fuggle it! Just destroy em all, fix the drop rate issue and lets get back to HAs! Kobrah don't like static zones !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.