New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edrick Augur

Elemtal, I know you're upset and have a good reason to be, but lashing out on the forums isn't going to help. Be calm and professional when speaking to the GM handling your petition, be as accurate about which items had which augs, and be sure to quote Roshen's post about augmentations not being deleted in the process.

What you're doing right now isn't helping. You'll have to exercise some patience here. This entire situation is screwed up for people on both ends.
    Mysl, Pirouette and Yinla like this.
  2. Elemtal Lorekeeper

The items were destroyed right in front of my eyes I didn't have time to actually find out which augs were in which slots.
  3. SOE-MOD-04 Augur

Guys, while we appreciate the constructive feedback being given, posts don't help when they're in violation of the Forum Guidelines. Please keep them in mind before posting and make an effort to have your comments abide by them.

Thank you in advance for the cooperation.
  4. Fansy Augur

Class balance as of the past two years, recent class nerfs and what some classes are capable of doing when paired like shaman + mage in HA farming pre nerf says otherwise. You guys might be able to but its really only utilized when fifty people point something out and you finally decide to possibly take a look. Sometimes that seems to take you guys two years or more to do unless someone somehow blows it up publicly and forces your hand on the matter.

Lets talk in two years when you guys realize this and some other recent decisions were bad ideas, if the game is still around.
    Sharpshooter and Iila like this.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Wow this thread went crazy since I last checked it. Conspiracy theories abound!
  6. Mournblade Lorekeeper

What "was" the HA exploit?
  7. strongbus Augur

one of the ha in dead hills had a mob that had a higher rate of drops form what i have herd. don't know i did a few and never got one. still have not goten one lol
    Mykaylla likes this.
  8. Fansy Augur

Getting a HA killing only mobs you thought might have a higher drop rate and then dropping the HA to reget it again and again.

Similar to how people farmed named in instances in SoD, those toons should be nerfed for getting instances over and over to track for named and drops without completing the task. Similar to how people farm DA and shrink clickies form DoDH, anyone who farmed these items by not completing the actual task and just killed trash and then regot the task. Similar to how people farmed the shrink clicky and ac aug in mech guardian, that didn't complete the task need to be fixed. Those that farmed the illusions from DoDH and that didn't finish the task should be nerfed for flipping instances to their advantage. Did people not flip instances over and over for COA signets as well? Lets roll them back.

Silly is silly. If you do not honestly believe that someone will find yet another way to get this faster or find something to their advantage to just buy it all no problem at a pace you never expected then I have a bridge to sell you. This is yet again another well intended miss at the expense of stuff that already worked but is continually neglected now. --------NO I DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE ITEM TAKEN AWAY FROM ME.
    Sharpshooter and Iila like this.
  9. Grelthur Elder

Elemtal, did you have a magelo set up, that might give you at least an idea to jog your memory. I'm sure that the CS can take a look and see exactly what it is that you had at your last log in to the game, or however that data is tracked. Like someone else said, just be as polite and calm as possible. I understand that you've had a significant amount of gear removed and that is very upsetting, but becoming agitated and hostile towards the CS personnel is only going to hurt you.
  10. Mr. Logic New Member

Elemtal, ever known of anyone getting caught cheating in school? The teacher doesn't just take your cheat away and give u back your test... If your lucky they'll just give u an F for the test and move on. If your unlucky they'll fail your test, your entire grade for the class and possibly suspend you from school..

Fact of the matter is, if you had 10+ of these items, you were exploiting the game, while knowingly doing it of your own free will. All the while you were probably hoarding and laughing and feeling all giddy about it at the same time. According to the EULA you should feel happy that your account was not permanently banned losing a few replaceable augs is really not that big a deal and throwing a tantrum on the forums about only makes you look childish.

I personally hate the idea of all these chase items any way, call it what u want but it's nothing more than sony's way of keeping people paying 15$ a month while at the same time making your eyes bleed from farming easy heroic tasks over and over.. Wake up people, 1 of these items will not make a difference on your character and farming enough of them or paying for them with plat to actually make a significant difference on your character takes exponentially longer than joining a decent raid guild for a few weeks to get even better loot faster.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

It doesn't work like that.
  12. Coruth Augur

Interesting stuff. I guess my luck just sucks. Since I did probably 16ish Dead Hills Disrupting the Ritual this weekend as I was 95-to100 a toon. And didn't see anything.

So even if rate was higher, it sure wasn't 100%.
  13. Iila Augur

It wasn't close to 100%.
  14. Ssixa Augur

I heard it was more like 1 in 10 or so, but 10% is still way bigger than 0.2%
  15. Marshall Maathers Augur

Eli, you able to field the question as to whether all of the item deleting has been complete, or not?

People are wondering whether they can safely buy items yet or not.
  16. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

You claim that my argument is bad yet offer no real proof to invalidate my claims.

I will admit that my methodology was to compare the average raid force to the average grouper in terms of efficiency of acquiring raid quality loots.

I used the 54 people because that is what current content is balanced based on being present. I will admit that older content can be done with fewer people. I've personally destroyed years old content with 6-12 people because levels, gear and AAs have trivialized many of those encounters. However, as this was a comparison of relatively current content (ROF T4 quality loot) I decided to use current content numbers. I will concede the fact that it may be possible for fully raid geared guilds to do some current content with less than 54 people. Perhaps as few as 40. However, when fewer people are present the effective rate of raid quality drops for raiders INCREASES and the amount of man hours required to acquire loot decreases dramatically. Also I took the assumption of it being 3-5 loots in a chest and used the average and did not include spells either in the calculation. I also did not factor in raid loots obtained by currency in the calculations either.

40 (Raiders) / 4 (Loots) = 10 Raids to Acquire a Loot
    10 (Raids) * 40 (Raiders) = 400 Man Hours to acquire a loot

Also I may have gotten the drop rates wrong. Whether the true drop rate (as in the non-bugged version) is 1:2500 or 1:5000 it really does not matter because if it is the latter just double all the numbers I theorized. I also neglected to account for AFKs, Med Breaks, Deaths, Rebuffs, etc... All of which decrease the speed at which gear enters the game. Also groups which kill at a rate faster than 1 every 2 minutes probably have more players in them than the 3 proposed. Which means more people going in on the loot which functionally is a zero sum game. More people means more man hours means faster kills and more drops but those drops are being distributed among more people.

Regardless my conclusions still stand. Raiding will be the only reliable method to become raid geared. This will just have a lottery effect for EVERYONE. Raiders wont need it so they'll sell it for plat or trade it for Kronos. Groupers will wear it if they can or trade it for something they need.
  17. Westo Journeyman

If anything, it would do the opposite.
  18. Lyrical Augur

So I only logged in after a month of not logging in due to having no content left to explore because of these new drops. I worked at it hard for 4 days. Didnt get any, but was having fun trying. Can a dev tell us when they expect to have them live again? I dont really care about the drop rate. Just need a reason to sign in.
    Yinla, Mykaylla and Tyranthin like this.
  19. iniari-TR Augur

I don't care either way about what lvl the items are , nor how often they dropped / and where.

what does disturb me is the whole role that soe has taken during this episode. and in the past.

dev A states - these items are tier 1 / 2
    proof shown that items are in fact tier 4
    dev A then basically calls the players lie'rs that were faking links to unseen items in the database.
    dev A states that he personally checked the loot table drop rate and confirmed it as 1 /5000
    proof shown that drop rate is a lot more common.
    dev B states items being tier 4 was intentional and drop rate is 1/5000

then ,

soe posts a fix and hotpatch to remove the drops from the missions until the issue was fixed/
    sounds good. a temp inconvience and easy solution..

but wait....now soe states people that obtained items from HA's are cheaters.
    GM's start deleting all said items - both looted or purchased.
    people lose augs / ornemnts etc.
    CS dept says you are SOL because you were cheating.

this whole scenario occurs all to often.

soe creates a problem. then blames the players . soe then makes it 10x worse in dealing with the original problem

examples - the mass rollbacks from the beta merchants and "tainted plat " that effected 1000's of players.
    the mass banning of people that use VMI to play and were accused of being hackers by the CS dept.

communication needs to be worked on. both within the company - everyone should be on the same team and aware of whats going on ingame - especially with major updates .
    and communication between soe and the players - we should be working together on this game - not placed in adversarial rolls.
    beryon, Edrick, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Might have something to do with that is not his job. You might want to fight that out with the GMs, not the Devs.
    Mykaylla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.