Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Giggles New Member

I've been attempting to test the heroic characters out on Test server but I've run into some difficulties. Of the 11 accounts I've had over the years, only 4 have the ability to create the Heroic Characters. When this goes live on the 12th will they all have access or will they continue to be bugged? All 11 accounts are created prior to Nov 2013, in fact here are the dates they were created per Account Management and whether or not they have access to Heroic Characters:

Has
    9/10/2000
    4/9/2002
    5/9/2006
    1/30/2013

Does Not have
    3/20/1999
    12/6/2000
    7/9/2002
    5/15/2006
    7/2/2011
    9/9/2012
    10/23/2012
  2. Kanzler New Member

I would like to know if this free heroic character is per ACCOUNT or per SERVER.

Can i make a heroic on a server and another free on another server?
    Apathy likes this.
  3. junglenights Augur

You forget heroic characters aren't just undergeared undear-aa'ed 85 toons. They're 85 with 4000 aa and some of the best group-level gear if not the best group-level in the entire game for their level range. While there is a learning curve and some players who purchase the heroic character won't know how to play, they'll have room to make mistakes because their toon is strong. I'd agree with you if the heroic character only had 1000 aa and sub-bar group-level gear.

Also keep in mind I think they must first create a character which means going through the tutorial somewhat. Then they can purchase the upgrade and be level 85. HOpefully, they use the tutorial and kill some kobolds.

Here's a comparison between a good pally 1 hander back when lvl 85 was current:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=79605
    This is the Heroic Character pally 1 hander linked by one of the SOE people:
    [IMG]

So you can see:
    Punctual Earthsaber / Heroic Jumping Axe:
    Dps: 80(+6)/34, 115(+6)/35)
    AC: 30, 47
    Hp: 625, 922
    Proc: Rune IV (+394 damage absorb), Blessed Rune IV (+700 damage absorb).
  4. Lanogas Journeyman

My big question is;

If I create a character on test server to try this "one-click insta-lvl" , will I still be able to claim my free heroic character on a Live server?

Or will I be punished for testing it by not getting to use it on my regular Live server?

// Lanogas
    Antonius Bayle (Kane Bayle)
  5. Giggles New Member

The "Heroic" gear is just toned down versions of the Attuneable Feerott gear which is already available for very cheap on all servers. For a little plat you can straight upgrade to the T1 VoA stuff which is 400hp more and 85 usable. Pretty pointless to be complaining about the gear at this point
    [IMG]
  6. Vudoman New Member

This will be great on the progression server ... or is it not going to happen there?
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nope, once they auto opt you in you cannot opt out and remove the AAs they have given you without your wanting them. You can only opt out of future AAs being awarded.

There was talk of there being a vote on the Progression servers regarding it.

It would be nice if there was an official response on the owning of accounts from before and after Nov 8th, 2013 (not that I have any, lol). It would be nice to be able to tell people that as long as they claim it on the newest account first they will be able to get one on all the other accounts as well.
  8. JibberJabber New Member

It has been a long time since I have played EQ and have been considering coming back and playing on an account that still have access to. A bit of a newb question, but how do I upgrade to a heroic character (what command)?
  9. Leifen Augur

Are gold and silver accounts created after Nov. 8, 2013 also only 1 per household or is gold exempt of this rule or both gold and silver? To much confusion.
  10. Leifen Augur

So I gather from your post here that even if someone is a paying gold or has payed silver account they still can only have 1 per household if created after November 8th, 2013? Wow way to alienate a bunch of people, thought PR was bad enough already lol.
    sula likes this.
  11. Yesway Augur

Alienate a bunch of people who started after 11/8/2013? You really think there were that many new players between then and 3/12/2014?
  12. Bamkan Augur

1. I have several accounts created prior to 8th November. I'm guessing I can create another one now, the "household" one and be able to create HA toons for all by current accounts + the newly created account.

2. I have around 20 silver accounts that I made up during F2P and created class characters that would not be available after *that* promotion (e.g necro's, pally,sk's, etc). It appears that the Silver/F2P account heroic characters will be Restricted to the 4 base classes, War,Cleric,Rogue and Wizard. Is that still the case? i.e New players can only have those 4 base classes as Heroic Characters - unless they "unlock" via SC the other classes.

Thanks.
  13. Izcurly Augur

Class/race restrictions were removed from f2p/silver accounts a while ago.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

There is no class restrictions on ftp accounts now.
  15. Bamkan Augur

Ah, kinda shows how long ago I logged them in :) Thanks.
  16. ebird New Member

I have a f2p account that was created post-November. I understand that I am eligible for 1 heroic "per household". I'm assuming "household" refers to your IP address.

Hypothetically, if you have a f2p/silver account, couldn't you go to a friends house, create a new account on their IP and thus another 85? Sure, they wouldn't be on the same account. But if you rinse/repeat you can have unlimited 85s without upgrading to gold.

Is this a correct assumption?
  17. Naeeleu Elder

Having the same problem my main which account was created in 2007 is unable to test the heroic char, but accounts i have created 2 years ago are able to make a heroic char, will this be looked at before it goes live?
  18. EQTrixy Elder

I posted this in another thread. I'll add it here as it relates more to this topic than that.

Heroic Characters...

I have 5 accounts that were made before the November 2013 date. 4 of the 5 accounts are gold. One is F2P.

All 5 accounts has the Heroic Character option. Both to create a new one or upgrade an existing one.

On my 5th account (F2P) I created a Heroic Woodelf Beastlord. I didn't like the name, started in Crescent Reach and was bound in Ferrott2. I deleted that toon because I wanted a different name and was hoping to have the Woodelf home city. Created a new toon with a name I like but still was unable to get the Woodelf home city.

It looks like Woodelf Beastlords and Frog Monks only get Crescent Reach as the home city. Can or will this ever be changed? If only for lore reasons I would like to have the home city of my brethren.
  19. Zinth Augur

you need GOLD to pick other cities to start in then CR... Guess that goes for the new WE BST as well ;-)
  20. Izcurly Augur

We'll find out in two days. There are well-known strategies for defeating IP address restrictions, if that's indeed all it is, without leaving your chair. But leaving your chair would work too.