Devs, unroot zerkers, please!

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Denhbers, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Denhbers Elder

I cannot describe my hatred of being forced to root myself to achieve competitive DPS in a raid. I hate its criteria for activation. I hate clicking it off. I hate it more each day. I know most other zerkers hate it, too.

I can't prove my stance with numbers, only knowing that our DPS ceiling is artificially raised to accommodate the effects of Frenzied Resolve. We're such a "hit and miss" class to begin with...

No class has to micromanage their burn the way zerkers do. I'm lost for words as to how this root thing has gone on for over 2 years now.

I'll actually spend money on this game again if root is removed :p
    Fenudir, Norathorr and Largehits like this.
  2. Largehits New Member

Alot of berserkers have said this on Goberserker.

If the berserker class gets to be less of a hit or miss class they would get back. less support dependency and no more rooted or being blind.

Since berserkers dont get any bonus for being rooted or blinded, but just need it to be comparable DPS to other top DPS classes it makes little sense, especially when berserkers even lose out on medium term parses and are outright marginalised on long parses.

I would also play again if they made the class more attractive one way or another. early ROF our class was outright an disgrace and since everyone has gotten good sustained but us now, its leaning towards berserkers being a disgrace again..

Is it really so hard to make a class worthwhile playing
  3. Slasher Augur

This is a waste. We all know the devs read the other thread and didn't care to address it. If this was an AA we would have a chance, but this is a disc/spell you have a better shot at converting the pope to Islam before you will get aristo to listen to feedback.
    Bearforce, Sinestra and Norathorr like this.
  4. Repthor Augur

i giggled cuz truth
  5. Falos Augur

Cut him some slack, naming spells takes a lot of man hours.
  6. Norathorr Augur

I remember back in VoA this asides from the valley raid (I quit just as we hit tier 3) this ability was unusable for the most part. Something that boosts our burn as much as this does should NOT be this unusable. I have found since coming back that even in the group game this ability is pretty much useless as most named have some kinda knockback. If I have to keep relying on this ability for too much longer in the future I will quit again. Its that simple. Your ideas on how to develop this class are ruining my fun and if my fun is ruined I will take my money and play something else!

**Edit** They already lost almost two years of subs from me because of this and our horrible survivability, and I'm sure judging from what happened with the total inactivity on goberserker that I'm not the only one.
  7. Repthor Augur

dont worrie guys , you are all welcome to come bleed with us warriors we have plenty of time to bleed again now just like you guys. cheers and good luck
    Bearforce and Phrett like this.
  8. Phrett Augur

...iseewutudidthere
  9. Phrett Augur

... just remove push... remove push... remove push... remove push... remove push... have you removed push yet?... push, remove you must... remerv persh... remove push...
  10. hakmer Augur

i like to think of myself as that guy in indiana jones that takes out his swords does all this fancy work and gets shot standing in one place..
    Denhbers and Lighteningrod like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

Berserker failing a "move right now or you wipe the raid" emote because he is rooted = priceless. :D

Seriously, what purpose was this 'feature' of the class even supposed to serve? It's just silly.
    Sinestra and Fenudir like this.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, it's time to get rid of the root, it may have been the trade off needed to get the disc back when it was it developed, but things change, and this something that should change too.
    Sinestra, Enkel and Behelit like this.
  13. Denhbers Elder

I could care less if devs didn't listen before. Hyperbolic analogies of papal conversion do not deter me. Forcing me to self-root has ruined my EQ experience, and it has done the same with other zerkers.

This root thing is a failed experiment. It was a bad idea from the start. It will continue to hinder us as long as its part of the game.

Why do devs think root was such a good idea? Did they raid with it every day for months?

I tried and tried to get used to this stupid disc. What's the point when it works 1/10 of the time? I was retired during VoA, and I can't believe the zerker community let this go live.

I would say that its caused me enough frustration to simply stop paying for the game. I have plats and kronos for now.

Putting something so unworkable in this game is --->indefensible<--- and extremely poor game design.
  14. Slasher Augur

First the root sucks and it needs to be removed the class hates it so figure something else out.

BUT let's not lie and say you cannot use it on raids does it suck ? Yes do you have to click it off sometimes before its done ? Yes, but most raids it can be used and we can go through them.

• WK1 - the final named doesn't really get pushed right away you can get away with root even if you get knocked back use battle leap it works 50% of the time.
    • WK2 - If your guild pins the final boss right you can use it just fine.
    • Bixie 1 - If your guild tanks the final boss in a corner attack from the front and the corner stops any knock back.
    • Bixie 2 - Push sucks the emote sucks you can try to use it but be ready to click it off if you need to.
    • DH 1 - Use it every time if he gets pushed most of the time I can battle leap back to him.
    • DH 2 - No issues here at all we don't even tank it in a corner and most of the time we never have to use battle leap to get back in position.
    • Neriak 1 - No issues here this big thing barely moves.
    • Neriak 2 - Tank the prince in the corner and it really isn't an issue.
    That is every COTF Tier 1 raid and you can reasonably use it on every event but 1. Does the root suck ? Yes, but you adjust. This does not mean I am fine with it I hate the thing, but again you expect aristo of all devs to listen to feedback ? How many years have you been playing ? I've been playing longer then hes been a dev and never once have I seen him listen to any classes feedback and reverse something he added. Pick the battles you can win because this isn't one of them.

It's pretty simple until its removed we have to work with it and work with our tanks to position mobs right. Several classes can push a mob back into a spot if it moves and if you work with them to keep a mob in one spot for the first 60s you will accomplish more then complaining about it here.
  15. Largehits New Member

Yes you can use it some of the time on like 50% of the events. but dont tell me you dont miss a round or 2 because of the sillyness some times. And only 5% of the time do we use it to full duration.

So yeah, it can be used a little bit and then clicked off, but its risky and it often ends up costing DPS from out or range message...

Dont tell me I just need to learn to play, others have said this as well.. we need to stop trying to act tough on this, only 5% of the time is it really reliable. The rest of the time its a juggling act and can cause you to severely fail.
  16. Slasher Augur

Of course you miss a round or 2 if you have to leap back or click it off. Just like you miss a round or 2 from a knockback or push anyway. If you only get to use it 5% of the time you use SS you're doing it wrong. I just explained how you can use it on every COTF event but one when you're burning.
  17. Norathorr Augur

Just a question about battle leap. I have not looked into it but does stomp not have to be constantly mashed and thus locking out leap, so repositioning can be totally ruined by lack of availability of leap. Or when the SS combo is running does the buff on stomp make no difference, thus having to rework my hotkeys for the times I am using SS?
  18. Phrett Augur

The short answer is yes, if you want to have leap available to reposition yourself while rooted... you can't spam stomp
  19. RagePaw Augur

I actually asked during the last beta for battle leap to be unlinked from battle stomp as battle leap is now just a positional tool but obviously the devs never responded to me so I guess they don't really give a rats a** what we think.

Also battle leap often fails and only moves you a tiny bit, the opposite is that it puts you directly central on the mob and you have a tough job finding which directions allows you to hit it.

Battle leap + all the knock back aes on raids is just a pain, why should we have to deal with these crappy mechanics?
    Largehits likes this.
  20. Norathorr Augur

The fact that stomp is tied into this and we have to actually sacrifice one dps ability to use another is contradictory to us being a specialized dps class in the first place. I agree with you Rage I am very much in favor of unlinking the leap mechanic. Over the years the actual leap mechanic buff or not itself has been one of the most useful tools we have been given. I was using leap alot with blinding when other zerkers in the guild would not and they were wondering how it was I could actually use blinding and when I explained it they would still dismiss leap as useless. Leap rocks. Stomp also rocks but we should not lose our leap if blind is staying in play. As for FR I experienced similar things back in VoA raids leap would sometimes not leap far at all or other times land me in the mob not actually able to 'see' it to attack. I do not think leap is a viable workaround to FR as it is in no way reliable. We should be careful saying how it can even work sometimes as they can take it as a partial excuse to leave this incredibly poorly designed mechanic in the game. What makes me laugh is that someone is paid a salary to come up with an idea like that. I wish all walks of life were as simple!