Rangers, Rogues, Berkerers and Shadowknights

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Petts Elder

I rolled a Ranger a long time ago and never really did anything with him until last Nov when i learned about HS. It was a total blast to round up 5-6 mobs, vinlash them and mow them down with HS. I used it as a diversion from my main ... well, the fun is gone. I will be parking my ranger.
    At least it didnt seem to effect my rogue much. I can still clear PoF C2 during a lesson run .... 1-2 mobs at a time. So she will remain my diversion alt.
    Leerah likes this.
  2. silku Augur

My ranger, berserker and rogue alts are shelved for a while. Not a lot of groups to be had around 80ish and well, they aren't going to be leveling very fast at all. Sure there are those who say we should be exploring the game and enjoying the content from 80 to 100 nice and slowly.. but I'm not big on slowly. That is why I play a chanter main, because it allows me to control how fast we do things.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Mithrandyr Augur

What I get from this is that you only made these classes to PL alts. Those who play these classes as mains are likely all very happy to say goodbye to the part time one-trick ponies, especially the PLers for plat and the vocal minority calling for detrimental class changes. The worst thing that ever happened to the SK class was the advent of swarming. It's why we can't have nice things.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

Yep and I rather give my money to sony then some cheap stake. They gave me the best time of my life and I am not afraid of the out come.
  5. Abadacus New Member

This is my main char, only lvl 77 at the moment as I took a very long hiatus. Good thing
    I always start out with a caster class, but I'm saddened to hear this. Even more so
    that enchanters are still gimped, I've always liked them as well.
  6. Bartlesen Lorekeeper

I spent a few hours in the feerrott the other day without seeing any rangers scream in /ooc about someone getting too close to their pyramid lizards. It was wonderful. 10/10 patch.
    Obiziana, drkoli and Mithrandyr like this.
  7. Phrett Augur

None, nor did any of my guild that I know of... we're not emo enough
    Obiziana likes this.
  8. Phrett Augur

When the dust settles I might actually end up preferring the changes... the jury is still out on this one. But even I have to admit that leveling up had gotten way too easy in recent years. I'm an old-school EQ'er with an old-school mentality... which means I like my content difficult, the more brutal the better. The game has gotten soft over the past few years, and I'm almost always the first toon on server (or at least in top 3) to hit max level whenever a new level increase hits... which I typically do solo. So as one of the classes affected most directly by the patch, all I can say is "oh well".

It moves us one step backward towards the earlier days of EQ, which might not necessarily be a bad thing? I guess we'll see.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Honestly, I've been through a LOT of changes on my Rogue (Main char since early 2001, and been playing EQ since 1999). This is just another change... I'm certainly not going to go off the rails and rage over it. The only time I really used assassination was to PL someone else, and honestly found it incredibly boring. There are many other ways to PL a char. Maybe it'll take a little longer (oh the horror!)... but I'll adapt.
  10. idej Augur

Shadowknights made it out good and cleric's got the shaft. I just liked the mass killing to kill time when I had 15-20 minutes to come online. Now I am going to try some alts to kill time. I was pretty disappointed at first but what are you going to do. I can either stomp my feet up the stairs like a teenager or explore and try new tricks to level up.
  11. Tarrin Augur

For the love of Tunare, why would you need FIVE rangers on FIVE different accounts for head shot farming?

And if you only need them for campfires, then stop pretending this "fix" had anything to do with you letting them retire.
    Obiziana likes this.
  12. Ragnard Elder

I have not retired any characters over this change. Didn't retire chars on other "nerf" patches either. Actually, SOE gained 5 new gold memberships from me due to AA grants for the rest of my box team that were sitting on silver.
  13. Qaam New Member

I used to 6 box but in VoA dropped to 3.

Disappointed with RoF I dropped to 1.

Disgusted by CoTF beta I cancelled my subscription and started using Krono.

Now I play for free and have no voice. Because of this nerf I started 2 ftp accounts, so they probably think they are doing a good job but in reality I have gone from paying over $800/year to $0.
  14. Dandin Augur

You need to play with better Enchanters.

The class is far from gimped, the problem is, most people haven't done the research on how to properly play one.

Enchanters are the most powerful class in Everquest.
    They just take the right player at the wheel.
  15. Rorce Augur

I'm happier with my Zerker after the patch than I was before. Decap on level 99 mobs is most epic.
    Obiziana likes this.
  16. Underbrush Elder

Headshot was a minor thing to my play at this level. That said I think the change was not for the better.
  17. Kreacher Augur

But Decapitation working on lvl 99 mobs was never it's intended purpose. It's purpose was FAST headshot like ability on weaker mobs. It's a chance for berserkers to be able to solo better particularly at lower levels in order to catch up.

So it's gone from
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:04 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:05 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:08 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:14 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:16 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:21 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:21 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:36 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:40 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:42 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:47 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:48 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:49 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:51 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Wed Sep 11 22:46:54 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>

[Wed Sep 11 22:46:57 2013] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>

to
    [Sat Feb 22 00:11:19 2014] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Sat Feb 22 00:11:44 2014] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>
    [Sat Feb 22 00:11:55 2014] ** begins to cast a spell. <Decapitation>

I get around 3 procs per minute now.

So it's around 20k sustained DPS added onto my class (on lvl 99 and below). Of course you're happy - I'm sure most serkers are happy.

But what is going to be the long term cost? We've effectively farmed out over 50% of our sustained DPS to a "simple tool" that requires virtually no effort. It doesn't matter the weapon we wield, a few AA's and it's yours.
    Are the Dev's happy that they've given Berserkers a 20k sustained DPS boost? (which imo IS needed - however giving it in this simple "AA" form - i do not like).
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Rorce Augur

Don't worry, we will be balanced around it in the future. I wouldn't expect any worthy DPS increases for our class in the next 2 expansions.
  19. drkoli Augur

IMO the game turned soft after Underfoot was released and so many were crying about over tuned events. The devs didn't want to hear the masses cry like that ever again so we get easy mode expansions
  20. Phrett Augur

Yep agreed... which is a shame. I really enjoyed Underfoot.