2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. XxBeAsTxX New Member

SoE, I suppose a thanks is in order for "listening" to all the grief the community gave you. Honestly though, what's wrong ( talking to the "griefers" ) with one item a month worth 2000sc? Your 5 10% exp pots? In any case. I'm only going to say this, next time. Put it to a vote! I'm sure there are more than just me that was actually excited about the new system. What ever you SoE decides is what it's going to be. Reguardless of what people say. They will not quit, they will not stop paying, they will get used to it, and they will LIKE it. I've seen this same garbage in lots of other games. All the crying and two months later they're happy. Enjoy
  2. Bigbear Augur

well for one those of us that like to spend the free SC on house items would have been loosing out on a lot of stuff with just 1 item a month... my wife loves her 50 cents to $1 house items for decorating
  3. XxBeAsTxX New Member

Then go get a 10$ SC card or w/e and have at it. There's bigger fish in the SC market. And what you're saying is everyone else can wait 4 months so your other half can get her shiny on? Again, cry more guys.
  4. Bigbear Augur

actually what I am saying is that only getting one item isn't an upgrade over what we already have... sorry if you think otherwise... although its nice to see that 2000 sc number... only getting one item isn't really worth it... to a lot of us
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Ishtass like this.
  5. Ishtass Augur

Those getting excited for 1 2000SC item need to talk to a financial planner ;p
  6. XxBeAsTxX New Member

Like I said, buy the SC your self. The 2000 gets you things you have to save for. For instance, Hero forge, character transfers, LoN packs. Just those three items alone are worth it. You're not seeing who you're actually hurting. The people that can't log in every month due to being active duty. And for what ever other reason there could be. You're all greedy it seems to me. It is after all a game. Keep crying and whining, I'm pretty much done with you and everyone else that doesn't understand. Keep up the Greed before need guys, you're doing Great!
  7. Bigbear Augur

seriously, u think we want anyone hurt that cant log in... I for one have been completely upset by this must log in status that soe is bent on... I never wanted that to be a part of any added value since its not added value in my opinion

as far as you wanting me to go buy some sc so my wife can get her house items.... well the same goes for you... go buy some SC and get your hero's forge or whatever other big item you want
  8. Mysl Augur

The transfer token is 2500 SC (500 SC more than the 2000 SC), so you will never get it for free with this 2000SC deal; however, with the 500SC a month, you can get it for free every 5 months. As for the people cannot log in, both deal are the same now, you do not log in, you do not get the SC, so it is even footing.
  9. enasnil New Member

why can't we just get the option to get 500sc a month to hoard or buy 1 item worth 2000 sc or less? as a new player there are a lot of things that I was really looking forward to getting quicker but now I, one of the ones that did not post because he had nothing to complain about have been let down, thus I now submit my complaint. blah now it's gonna take forever to get those extra merc slots, a few cool mounts, the hero forge, ectect >.<
    Draego likes this.
  10. Vokarr New Member

Not sure who or how many players were whinging about the 2k value per month deal as I was actually happy with it.

I play a LOT on average so logging isn't an issue.
    Just a bit of pain to have remember to CLAIM your (NOT FREE but part of your PAID Gold subs) 500sc every month. It was nice to know it was automatic.

Chances are my due date claim will be missed unless I use a reminder service o_O

Been on the station Pass since I started back (was years ago too) & the drop in price does not affect me since I pay 6-12months a time anyway.

How could there possibly be a PROBLEM to SOE with hoarding your 500sc until you needed it?
    It means nothing, just the people who never spend SC probably don't want or need it tbh, if they did there be complaints about the cap.

Just my 2c
  11. Perplexed Augur

Does that mean the $119.88 yearly gold membership for EQ only will continue?
    Or are you saying there will only be a new yearly "all games subscription" available at a price in between $119.88 (current yearly) and $179.88 (14.99x12) a year?
  12. Draego Augur

Thanks for the update
  13. Piestro Augur

Once we have all the plans finalized we'll figure out how to take care of those people. This is a subject that has come up in discussion already so we're thinking of how we can help you out.
  14. Piestro Augur

It means something unfortunately to tax and accounting regulations. There's a thread going on on reddit about it with actual accountants talking about this specific point, but I'm sure we have more than a few accountants who play EQ who could also explain it far better than I could. It's one of those things when I found out I was literally dumbstruck. That being said, there is no rule that says tax and accounting rules have to make logical sense.
    Tarvas likes this.
  15. Piestro Augur

The current thinking is existing deals will continue to be honored and that the all access benefits will be extended to those folks. So if you have the imaginary $10 a year for EQ deal, and are locked in at that rate, you'd be paying $10 a year for all access now. I can't promise this because this is the kind of thing I need legal approval to promise, but that's the thinking.
  16. Lily Augur

Did it occur to you (and others) that if they kept it at 2k per month, you would have had to log in to claim that as well?
    Zaph, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and IceSy like this.
  17. wiha Elder

What if you use Kronos to pay for your account?
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You will have to go into the Marketplace every month. Not everyone, I would say a majority of players even, use the Marketplace every month. As is seen in the other thread; with the 2000SC offer you stood to lose the majority of the SC each month with the except of buying a few big items like Hero's forge, mounts, and gender swapping potions (as well as buying multiples of lesser items). Most of the items that people buy fall under the 500SC mark or are over the 2000SC mark; so most people would not benefit from the change it would be wasteful. The current resolution allows those who wish to save up for an item to do it and those who want to spend it all as soon as they want to do it without wasting the majority of money every month (which was part of the accounting plan).
  19. Harkum The Shaman New Member

Just thinking maybe they could give us a choice of 500 SC or the choice of an item worth up to 2000 SC that must be claimed every month. Kind of upset that the people who decided to rock the boat ruined what I personally saw as a good change for the rest of us.
  20. Phoebes Journeyman

Agree with this. I was very happy about the new system (given Piestro said we could use it to buy Bayle Marks).

The vocal minority on here are reknowned for wanting to have something to complain about and that's what's happened here. I bet if they did a log in poll a majority would prefer the 2000 SC thing.
    Tyranthin likes this.