2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Nolrog Augur

EQ is not shutting down. So why are you having this argument? The argument is completely moot right now. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Tarvas, beryon and Lunetune like this.
  2. BoomWalker Augur

Monthly recurring subscriptions....but not annual or bi-annual recurring subscriptions. Nice definition massage SOE likes to practice.
  3. BoomWalker Augur

Seriously...reading as a fundamental life skill....critical. The discussion is about if/when EQ stops running as a game BB doesn't want to continue being billed as an "all access" customer since he isn't one now and doesn't desire to be one in the future...even if it is 'part of' his subscription going forward...as far as my limited sixth grade reading skills have allowed me to comprehend the text in the thread so far....but hopefully someone with a higher reading level will help me understand better the actual thread content.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Zartayn New Member

This news is the best I heard from SoE ever since the Pro7 disaster news...

As a european player I have pretty much been expecting to just end my relationship with SoE as accounts ran outta subscription (done yearly last couple times), even though I had a good run for 13+ years, across multiple titles.

Especially since EQnext, which I was really looking forward to, has been sold off to Pro7 for us europeans. And I refuse to be forced to go to Pro7, when I am perfectly happy with my own little legacy on my SoE accounts.

This news, ESPECIALLY if combined with us europeans being welcomed back into the All-Access fold, as well as (hopefully) news that we can get to play DC-Universe through SOE again, and get to add EQnext to SoE accounts... well I dare say that my households 12+ SoE accts, are gonna live up again :)

Thank you in hopeful advance, from a european longterm player.
    Yinla and Phoebes like this.
  5. Battleaxe Augur

Steam Machine
    I may prefer Steam's stable of exciting titles to SOE's stable of exciting titles especially if EQ gets less content (it has been lately) or is dropped completely. Note that I'm not using a free trial on any of SOE's other titles. (I may have logged into EQ2 and Vangard several years ago).

However, I haven't seen Steam's list yet. It's still vapor ware.

When people try to corral me into a buying decision (having my EQ Account converted into an All Access account rather than my EQ Account giving me a free All Access pass is such an effort) I not only want to see their "contract" and the fine print I look at other offers.

I don't do moot. Change the deal, spin the wheel.

I tried 3 times (?) to get an answer to my not moot question by someone from SOE without pointing out that there may be an alternative offer.
  6. Phoebes Journeyman

Hoping you read this guys post, Smed.

I couldn't agree more. I've been with SoE since May '99 but flat out refuse to do business with Pro Sieben.
  7. Yesway Augur

Awesome, now people who play for free *aka pay for gold via in game currency* will get the same benefit those of us who pay to play get..... Talk about devaluing the bonus received.
  8. Eluwenie Augur

Well, if you look at the past history of Star Wars Galaxies they shut that down and did give a 3 month notice.. so I'm a bit skeptical about EQ 1 when EQ Next comes out.. just sayin.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

I believe (I didn't pay close attention) that when they shut down MxO they gave at a minimum a month or two of notice and told people that if they continued their subscriptions there would be some fun special events they could participate in. My reading of threads suggest those who enjoyed MxO and stayed till the end had a pretty decent time on The End day.

BTW, I think I found my conversion to an All Access account or continue as an EQ subscriber with free All Access answer. It looks to me like it's conversion. So, I'll be super careful to figure out things like how not to be billed when/if SOE's stable of exciting products aren't as appealing to me as a competitor's stable of exciting products. When/if continuing to play EQ is no longer possible or worthwhile I'll give all alternatives an equal chance on a level playing field. I see no reason to give SOE a foot in the door advantage.

Besides, I enjoy level progression character development MMO's and play one game at a time anyway. If any multi-product for one subscription company doesn't offer that I'm not interested.
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Geroblue Augur

You are correct. And mine are university level reading skills.
  11. wingrider01 New Member

Have multiple yearly subscriptions with a credit card attached, receive the 500SC like clockwork around the 6th of every month
  12. Draego Augur

Guess you missed the part where Piestro said in the precursor thread, that there would be specials run from time to time.

Basically it was all up to a matter of planning, and having (exhibiting) some patience during each month, before letting the 2000SC burn a hole in your pocket as soon as you got it.

But not a single griefer understood this concept.
  13. Draego Augur

I have to clearly disagree with your approach here. looking at it from the intrest of which brings in more for SOE financially.

While I will agree that those who pay the bundled subscriptions are paying more up front, they are also being given a larger discount. Therefore since just as many people pay YEAR ROUND on a monthly basis are in my opinion the ones who should reap a larger SC bonus.
  14. BoomWalker Augur

Have multiple yearly subscriptions never see any 500SC every month.

Seems it is not working. Works for you but not for my accounts. Problem solved. Moving on to next issue.
  15. Kitsune New Member

I stopped here because I was wondering how this will work if say in my case I have a year based sub for EQ can I get this rolled over to all access? Or how will this work for me?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A lot of people by the cheaper items, if they had implemented the cart option most if not all would have been better off. If you purchased anything for less than 500 SC you were worse off than you are now.

There are only a few things for 1000 - 2000 SC, most of which didn't interest players, how many mounts do you really need or how many times do you want to change servers. Someone mentioned merc slots, they are account based so if you want a merc of each type it would only have taken you 3 months to get them, but then what do you spend your SC on.

Personally I purchase the pet illusions currently I can get 5 every 2 months, under this new system I would only be able to get 1 month so over the course of 2 months I lose out on 3 items. A lot of players were saying they purchase the housing items which are anything up from 50 SC.

On paper the 2000 SC deal looked better, until you actually looked at the prices of things in the marketplace.
  17. Sanh Elder

I didn't like the system they were proposing when I thought that xp potions were going to be excluded. Now that I know they are (I think), i kind of wish they kept it. I could have bought an xp potion a month.
  18. Razgadz Lorekeeper

Really hope it means that once again i am able to play EQ, EQ 2 and maybe even Everquest Next with my SOE Account as a EU Player - Don't force me to go with that Pro7 Rubbish or you'll probably loose a customer once again ...

Thanks

Razgadz
    Yara_AB and Yinla like this.
  19. Ripper New Member

It sounds like there is some confusion regarding the term 'recurring' and the SC bonus. If you pay for a yearly recurring sub and then immediately cancel the sub you get 365 days of game time but it's no longer 'recurring' since you canceled. Your SOE account must be set so that when your 365 days are done your payment automatically renews. Just having 11 months of game time left doesn't mean your sub will renew. Unless it's set to auto renew you won't get the SC.

You may be able to change the recurring term during your current sub and still get the benefit, I haven't tried that myself. The important point is that your account must be in a state that will allow you to be automatically billed when your sub expires.

All 5 of my yearly subs with auto-renewing configurations have gotten the SC bonus.
  20. Windaar New Member

Bravo! Thank you! Thank you for listening, SOE - that makes all the difference.