Wrongfully Banned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cove, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Crits New Member

I, personally, will not take a temporary ban for something I did not do. If this is the case, they'll be losing me as a customer, along with my 3 other, unbanned accounts. I refuse to be penalized for them screwing up, yet again. Maybe they should rehire the folks they just laid off and get things handled. Just my 2cp
    Caudyr, KC13 and Sinestra like this.
  2. Panthur New Member

Maybe people with WInEq2 running? I don't even know if thats legal or not, or if it's now accepted by SOE.
  3. Gneissnoggin New Member

While I understand your wanting to get back quickly in the game, remember, they have just told you you are a cheater. Your account has now been flagged for suspicious activity. To me the is defamation of name, you've been falsely accused. Personally, I'd be upset as well as others who have same happen.
    Crits likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

WinEQ2 does nothing but put EQ into different types of Windows. It's perfectly acceptable.

As for accepting suspensions? Why? Why the hell would anyone just accept a suspension for utter incompetence when it comes to the anti-cheat mechanism? This doesn't bode well for Everquest Next, that's for sure.

Edit: And yes, cheaters SHOULD be banned. But if a new anti-cheat mechanism goes into place it needs to actually work. Auto bans based on a machine quite obviously don't work very well.
    Crits likes this.
  5. Meteora Elder

I'm not banned but i can vouch that animations have been a little messed up since 2 patches ago. I'm fairly certain i'm not the only one that sees it either. For example be a dark elf or any kind of humanoid and stand still and turn. You notice your feet move with your body for the first half turn, and then it looks like your gliding in place as you turn, no movement animation what so ever. If you turn into something like a skeleton or something not humanoid from lon. you will notice you still have the turning animation.
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

<insert the usual "well if you're banned you were cheating" troll quote>

I use Leap of Faith, um, EVERYWHERE. I also use that jetpack thingie that propels the player far and high a lot. Oh dear sweet Rodcet. Cross fingers, cross toes, force cats to cross legs (kidding there).... not banned. Phew.
  7. Saiba New Member

I got the same email as well, have played since 2001, hadn't logged in since June. I haven't been cheating and figured it was a scam of some sort. After sending a help ticket, they give me the same canned "OH YES YOU WERE" reply. I asked for details...when, what server, what character...thinking maybe someone else had gotten into my account. It was paid, but I wasn't using it for months.
    I'm kind of at a point where if this is my reward for years of play, subscription purchases, expansion purchases, tons of station cash and lon cards bought....then I guess my business isn't wanted.
  8. ZekZek New Member

I am sure many will also go that way - "talk with your feet" as they say. I believe it will need real human customer services to deal with this situation, not just generic emails. The outcome of generic emails, such as the ones already sent willl simply mean alienation of those people and disenchantment. Nowadays, customer service is so important for a healthy company, and admitting there was a mistake made, rather than shifting the blame would probably help - i don't think calling some of your customers cheats and liars is a good way to go about it either.
  9. WTFzerker New Member

Definitely agree on that. It's like if Comcast with all their outages blamed the customers for the outages. They'd be out of business.
  10. Panthur New Member

And..suprise, chat support is unavailable. Feels like ffXIV: ARR

Just without the 5+ hours of waiting on chat support/phone to get No agents are available.
  11. Dannynine Journeyman

i got the same problem here as well..got an e-mail saying my account was banned for a movement cheat...i play a mage i don't box in any way what so ever i just play the mage and solo and kill what ever i want i been playing seens the 1st expersion of everquest came out...never even knew there was a cheat for everquest let alone a movement cheat
  12. Piestro Augur

Greetings,

Dealing with these issues is always difficult, but it also remains something we are committed to. Cheating is not acceptable in EverQuest and we will continue to act when we see evidence that it has occurred.

Secondly, let's consider something that someone in this thread brought up: people sometimes share accounts in EQ. This is against the EULA, and partially for this reason, but we are aware that it does happen (note, we do not condone this behavior). This means that you are taking on the risk that someone else might use your account in a way that you don't approve. I've shared my account in the past (before I worked for SOE, many years ago), and this led to someone I had known for years taking everything on my account. I didn't bring it to CS at the time, it was my fault after all, but that error in judgement on this other player's part did occur after 9 months of having access to my account.

If you were suspended for cheating you'll need to contact CS. This isn't something we can handle on the forums. We have a greater than 99% accuracy rate, but there have been extremely rare mistakes in the past. I do recommend that if you contact CS you are completely honest with them, as it is trivial for them to determine if you are lying. If you share accounts don't try and play it off. If we've made a mistake, we'll admit to it. We've done it before publicly.

A final fact to consider, those who do attempt to cheat in EverQuest are not above calculated misinformation campaigns. I've seen evidence of this, both on their forums (yes, I occasionally monitor them) and in the accounts that post on these forums. They believe that getting the community riled up on this subject will either help them get their suspensions overturned or punish us for holding them accountable for their acts.

I'm not saying anyone posting in this thread was cheating. I'm not saying they weren't. I can't make that determination. CS can, they have reams of evidence. If you believe that you were identified in error please do contact CS however. And understand that the reason there are delays in this process is that those who cheat are spending their time trying to game the system and get their accounts unsuspended.

Respectfully,
    Ishtass and Booger like this.
  13. hakmer Augur

14. DCPD158 Elder

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of this situation. Customer service can do nothing to help affected individuals that call. You will be referred to the email that they send you, where you have to defend yourself in writing about an incident you don't have a clue about. When you ask when this "event" happened, the CS rep. will tell you sometime between April and August.

Your post was less than helpful. I see 5 pages of YOUR customers wondering why their was not banned, but TERMINATED. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Isn't it something you and your developers should be looking into? Basically calling 5 pages of loyal customers cheaters and liers isn't a smart business practice.

My advice to you and yours is to delete your last post and post something along the lines of: "There seems to be quite a few EQ customers affected by this at the same time. I will get with the CS people and developers and we will get this straightened out as quickly as possible. We value you as SoE customers and I promise to get to the bottom of this."
    Fenthen, Leerah, mage101 and 4 others like this.
  15. Panthur New Member

Still, its nice to see an offical posting. Would be nice to get to the bottom of this so more people aren't banned by whatever is causing the movement cheating flag...whatever that actualy means.

Do i lag? Always, i'm on sattalite and before that was dial up. So im used to latency being horrid. If that's a factor may want to check it out. Especially since i'm stuck with sattalite out in the country.

Perhapse if the afflicted accounts were studied on the event issues, a common demominator could be found to help figure out what/where things went wrong.

I do know that before i hadn't been able to play much before august i was raiding, and i've been teleported to bind, cohed, 2ndary anchor punted to guild hall, throned, gate potioned, origined, brell's teleport thingie, book ported, magus ported, crescent reach teleported with thingie...(i tradeskill a lot too).
  16. Sinestra Augur

As I said before, customer service in the gaming industry is the most backwards terrible service in the world. Prove to us you didn't cheat, if we made a mistake, please tell us, we'll investigate, and if we were wrong...well then we'll reinstate you and there is no harm no foul. Complete BS. If you banned someone wrongfully (not sure if you did or not) then you should be held accountable and there should be a large apology along with compensation of some sort.
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Piestro Augur

We of course investigate these matters, and I am in discussion with CS to get an assessment of the overall scope and nature of these suspensions. Email contact with CS is probably more efficient in this case than phone contact, as these things take a bit to look into.
  18. Sinestra Augur

At some point you begin to do more harm than good with some of these actions. You may have reached that point.
    Toquillaw and slicechant like this.
  19. Porterz73 Augur

5 pages of posts in 18 hours and the response suggests the people experiencing the issue are all liars, scammers, and cheaters. Interesting

This all for movement cheats??? When the game currently has the following

1.) max speed mounts in marketplace
    2.) Bot Bards on tons of accounts
    3.) Wizzy and Druid teleport to bind
    4.) Mage CoH spells
    5.) Shammy Chetah AA
    6.) Pali and SK AA mounts
    7.) guild hall ports
    8.) Magus
    9.) housing zone anchors
    10.) succor and evac abilities
    11.) vendor instant gate spells
    12.) Origin AAs
    13.) plenty of port clickies

Why the hell would anyone bother with Movement cheats???
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Maybe you should do that before you pretty much told everyone "We're right, screw off" - which is pretty much how everyone is going to take your first post. THIS post would have been a much better approach to be honest.