Wrongfully Banned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cove, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Booger Elder

banning cheaters/exploiters/hackers does harm to the game ?
    Nolrog likes this.
  2. Dannynine Journeyman

ummm ... that reply right there piestro is one of the worst reply you could do right now with alot of angry loyal customer's of whitch it ant rocket sience to figer out something is wrong...you pretty much called everyone here a lier and we all cheat.. and that were trying to get the community riled up...now you TRY to back yourself up by saying am not saying anyone posting here did not cheat...um well...you just did piestro but not in so many words...and am pretty sure everyone his open up a ticket by now....am not having ago at your piestro and am sorry if it seems i am i really am....but your reply was well....lets say not very comforting and more of a ( i dont belive any of you till proven innocent )...again am sorry if you take offence to this am just replying to what i see and read and how a innocent customer feels right now after reading your post
    Crits and slicechant like this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

It does when you start banning people who aren't cheaters, exploiters, or hackers. I can't see how someone couldn't see that.
  4. Eaiana Augur

Thanks for replying Piestro. Unfortunately, this is the response I expected to see on these boards. It was the politically phrased but information free response one would expect from a corporation. I have never cheated, no one but me knows my account login information, I have been a loyal paying customer for many years, and now SoE has accused me of acting dishonestly. Frankly, I see this as an insult. I have filed a petition, I expect to see the usual response about how they know I was cheating, yet give no evidence about what happened or when it happened. One thing I know for certain, I will not accept a short term ban. SoE has 100% control over my virtual possessions in EverQuest, but I have 100% control of my credit card. Be extremely cautious when being dismissive of the people who can vote with their feet.
    Noken_Xeg, Fenthen, ZekZek and 6 others like this.
  5. slicechant Journeyman

I don't think thats what Sin was implying... it's their "supposed detection methods" it's failing to recognize in game abilities .. or lag and latency issues this will actually be the 4th mass banning scenario since Hot when they began a larger crackdown on the cheaters where people have been mislabeled due to some error in this process. they barely admit they were wrong to the people they screwed over and brush it under the rug .. Eric's great at disregarding the real issues that's why he's here it's his job to make us feel warm and snuggly and forget about the other snafu's they create!
    Leerah and Sinestra like this.
  6. Seil New Member

My account has also been banned for ' movement cheating' I just want to know what I am supposed to have done. My Husband and I have played for ten+ years and never ever cheated.
    In fact I am so upset at even getting an email saying I am one. We have 4 accounts between us and only 1, my ranger account, has been banned.

Shame I just preordered the new expansions x 4 I wish I had waited now.

I hope something is sorted soon.
  7. hakmer Augur

on a positive note, look at all the new forum members !! welcome to the forums !
    Seil, Shugz, Sinestra and 1 other person like this.
  8. Crits New Member

Add in CampFires. I know I use them while doing tasks to get to the Quest Giver quicker. What about low hp aggro on raids and getting summoned all around? How about Hate Step? Mage AA: Dimensional Shield?
  9. Sinestra Augur

Don't worry, you can cancel at any time. Even if EQ didn't allow you to, if you ordered by credit card you can call your credit card company you could stop it from going through.
    Toquillaw and Seil like this.
  10. Piestro Augur

Hey folks,

I have an update. We're going to go ahead and reverse all actions that were taken in regards to the latest anti cheating sweep. There were some communication issues that arose in this case that led to errors in identifying some of the individuals on this list.

In general, if this happens again and you are adversely affected please make sure to contact Customer Service (preferably via email) so we can identify when there are problems like in this case.

Thanks,
    Leerah and Eaiana like this.
  11. Saiba New Member

Is there any truth to the rumor it may be due to running forward and strafing causing a speed increase?
  12. Crits New Member

hahah, so you go from calling us liars to reversing the effects? Figured
    Eteract likes this.
  13. Dannynine Journeyman

sooo....your admitting there was some communication issues....but SoE are to high and mighty to say sorry we screw up am sorry for calling all of you cheater's...umm maybe am expecting to much?
    Eteract likes this.
  14. Potawatomi Augur

Jesus I would hate to have Piestro's job...

Edit, You could have at least said sorry...
  15. Astus New Member

This is how it should of been handled, people "suspected" of cheating...and i use that term loosely because we have all been convicted and sentenced....should of been contacted and given a chance to defend themselves which would of gone so much more smoothly for paying customers and less hectic for CS. Mass banning = mass ticked off people who pay you each month, sorry paid you each month.

What kind of response is between April and August, why are the specific dates so secret or does the individuals doing this have absolutely no idea of the exact dates, and April is how long ago? We are supposed to be able to defend ourselves with open ended dates, to be honest how much of your paying customers can remember every detail of their gaming experience that far back? Why isn't this done on a month by month basis if preventing these actions are so important, seems more like an hapless attempt to seem concerned.

We are told to contact CS via email or put in a ticket yet how long does it take to get any type of response, slowed down by doing several months of banning at one time so they are flooded with them. when you brand customers as dishonest and cheaters expect them to be upset and even more upset when getting any type of response is slow and vague at best.

Funny story, when my wife found out about this she was ready to pack up everything in the house made by sony and ship it back with a nice letter included. she was excited about getting a ps4 but now that attitude has changed and looks like we will be getting an xbox
    ZekZek, Toquillaw and UnPowerdSham like this.
  16. Dannynine Journeyman

hmm i have to admit i do the whole running forward and strafing to make myself run faster by that tiny bit...but thats not a hack and that's not cheating i been doing that seen's SoD came out i been doing it for years
  17. DCPD158 Elder

Sorry at this point is unacceptable. Being terminated for cheating and then forced to defend myself in writing for something I had/have no clue about is aggravating. Then, to add insult to injury, having someone for the same company insinuate that I'm a lier and a cheater is infuriating. SoE OWES people affected compensation.
    Toquillaw and UnPowerdSham like this.
  18. Tobynn Augur

Having been banned once in the past, allow me to educate the uninformed exactly how this charade goes down if you want to "appeal".

To clarify, I was banned a couple years ago because someone bought an item from my afk trader, and some nitwit in the Cheat Police decided the price was too high. That's all there was to it. I had 20 million plat collecting dust in my bank for a few years, but since I sold a quest item for 100k plat while I was afk overnight in trader mode I was immediately terminated without any further thought. No pattern, no history, no policing, no verifications. A single item sale was all that was necessary to terminate a 12-year veteran account. Took me days and days of repeated petitions and phone calls to even find out WHY I was banned, then add the further time spent getting the ban lifted. In the end, I didn't even get an apology for their baseless accusations and erroneous heavy-handed justice.

So, when CS attempts to tell you about the investigations and verifications they have made to confirm you have some history or established pattern of cheating, know that its nothing more than a scripted response they have been trained to feed you. I am proof that none of the above is in any way a requirement. A single fleeting red flag is sufficient cause to immediately throw a long-term customer to the curb.

You are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. Problem is, CS won't even tell you of what you are guilty. "Movement cheating" is likely the entirety of the information they will give you. It is none of your business when it occurred, what zone, what time, from what point to what point, they won't even tell you what character supposedly did the cheating. They will not tell you anything in specific whatsoever. That is how the appeal process works around here. They claim to have reams of evidence, but they will not reveal any bit of it. So good luck proving you didn't do whatever you might think they are accusing you of doing.

This is akin to being sentenced for a felony crime, but the judge won't tell you what crime you supposedly committed -- it was a felony and that's all you need to know. Good luck with presenting your appeal for Burglary when the secret charge they won't tell you about is actually Arson.

So, submit your petitions, and make your phone calls, and find you are continually confronted with CSRs that are totally unwilling to assist in any way once your account has been banned. If you attempt to escalate your issue to a person in a higher position of authority, you are frequently told that the person to whom you are speaking has no supervisor. CS is trained to blatantly lie to you about this. Apparently, each and every mid-level CSR is also the executive director of SOE's Support Division. Once your ceaseless petitions and endless phone calls have been sufficient to wear down the entry-level and mid-level CSR phalanx, then, only then does your issue eventually get escalated to one of those supervisors that until moments ago did not even exist.

Your first and foremost objective when attempting to appeal a ban should be to get past the CSR entry-level script regurgitators. They cannot and will not help you.
    Eteract, Leerah, Andarriel and 4 others like this.
  19. Eaiana Augur

I just got my email saying my account was unbanned. Less than 24 hours turnaround is a goodd deal in my book, and the email admitted the error was on Sony's end. That is sufficient for me. Thanks Piestra and CS for handling this in a satisfactory manner.
  20. DCPD158 Elder

and there is the email. It was all an error, but if you are a gold member, you need to resubscribe. Why? You screwed up, you fix it.