EQ Expansion panel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Risiko Augur

Just a note. .. in the EQ Q&A panel, someone asked for clarification on the fix coming to the necro sticking to using the epic forever. Specific were not given, but they said that every epic should have an end for usefulness. Makes me wonder if they mean it will have a level limit on effectiveness. Who knows though. They won't say for sure what they are going to do. Just that it will be fixed soon.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Forcallen Augur

New AA's for classes or just mercs?

New spells or at least further ranks to improve power?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bit late to change it after 10 years of being in the game.
  4. Slasher Augur

Don't count on it. Even though they could just as easily add ranks 4-5-6 to current spells.
  5. Hatsee Augur

Wait that's it? All we got from the panel that we didn't already know was that we're getting 2 new shared bank slots?
  6. Nilwean Elder

Nope, we already knew that too.
  7. Hatsee Augur

Even better.
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

No level increase I can understand, but I hope there's enough new AA to purchase. Otherwise will be frustrating to those with max xp/AA, sadly.
  9. Forcallen Augur

Did someone ask about the "sk epic issue", "cleric epic issue" or the "shaman epic issue"? I would imagine since those impact more classes and are still extremely valuable that if any epics need to be capped.....
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

Because the 1-5 days of leveling really requires they add a bunch of content to make up for it?

No level increase is the best news in a long time.
  11. Risiko Augur

They hinted towards all epics having a limited usefulness.

That being said, they did clarify that they won't take anything away just for the sake of taking it away. Instead there will be other options to replace them with when their usefulness has ran its coarse. Whether that's new weapons, AAs or spells, they didn't say.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

I dislike that entire concept. Epics being useful is GREAT. They should modify the non-useful clicks in a way that doesn't overpower then but makes them useful (like take warrior one and change the +Hp to a +% hp effect so it scales) so everyone can have a reason to get their EPIC.

I really hope they don't nerf those of us that have useful epics.
  13. Explicit Augur

I agree that some of the more "useless" ones could use some much needed love - wizards, druids, wars (the hp portion), etc etc.

I might be alone here but I think the SK 2.0 should give 100% lifetap to the entire group instead of just the SK, while the SK 2.0 itself is by no means weak --- this would improve it's usefulness.
    Sinestra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Piemastaj Augur

Wewt caster stagnation with no level increase. Pretty much nerfs spell users, while classes who don't use spells get the same boosts they have been seeing regardless of levels.

No level increase is actually terrible. It will either lead to a UF type expan or an even easier expan then RoF. Either way it will lose subs. Will end up spending so much time on Merc AAs that player AAs will be garbage probably. No level increases means terrible spells for Casters, or at least no power spike spells that would come from a level increase.

Looks like they are pushing EQ Next hardcore....
    Pirlo likes this.
  15. Falos Augur

From the little bit that leaked to the RoF beta folder files (not viewable in game) as far as I know the merc AA's are gonna be really general things related to passive defense / offense (much like CA/CS, general sturdiness, things of that nature) It's possible there is more to it than that but thats all I saw signs of) hopefully it goes beyond just that though if we arent getting any new personal aa's
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm expecting the gear from the new itemization system to be small upgrades per tier, with little practical difference between neighboring tiers.

I'm thinking that like with Underfoot with no level increase, we should be calling the new gear T5+ of the level 100 generation.
  17. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I'm betting this will be UF-esque (although probably not with the difficulty level of UF). It will be harder than RoF, so that there are still discernible tiers, but with overlap of tier 3 & 4 of ROF.
  18. --Voodoo-- Augur

I'd agree in regards to the click effects. I think it'd be nice if those were all unique and extensible enough to last basically forever.

However, isn't the necro epic unique in that it is the equipped effect that is so valuable? Having one item be "best in slot" for 10 years just sounds horrible.
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

Can we get confirmation on a couple things regarding the WK hub?

Is it a replacement for the original zone or an addition (think like the EW theme in RoF. Where it's supposed to be the actual territory, not a dream etc, but is still a completely separate zone in terms of the game itself.

Is it a recycle like RoF or graphical revamp (i personally hope the former).

If the later, is it revamped in the style of House of Thule. AKA true to the original zone. Or like Freeport or Steamfont?

I can already guess the answer to the last two. I'm guessing the preview we saw last night with the fishing huts was WK. I really mostly want to know the answer to the first question. It better not be a replacement =.=.

Also..... gnolls????? ;D
  20. Straahdx Augur

Just because it's Ex that posted this :p, but it doesn't give 100%, it's 80% to the SK, and 50% to the group.

[6268] Lich Sting
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Recourse: Lich Sting Recourse
    10: Increase Accuracy by 40%
    11: Lifetap from Weapon Damage: 50%
    Text: You hear a dark voice in your mind.
    Devours the lifeforce of your opponent, damaging them and granting you dark power to siphon the life of those they attack as well as increasing your accuracy.
    [6311] Lich Sting Recourse
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    10: Increase Accuracy by 70%
    11: Lifetap from Weapon Damage: 80%
    Text: You hear a dark voice in your mind.