Zoo Elite and Fire tanks

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pyrometers, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Regardless of counters.(those come naturally at the right moment), knowing what to block and avoid greatly increases your survivability with any tank power...including fire. That is what I was trying to get at with the guy insisting otherwise. Especially going into high end content unmodded.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

So your argument against why the entire community sees fire as the worst tank since launch is because I suck and don't use mods? eyeroll, sure
    I love feats, I'm too casual to grind any though. Most of the game is, believe it or not, eyeroll emoticon.

Aaaanyway, like I said before, my tank is like 178? I pretty much spam Olympus and I can pretty much ONLY block against the bosses or else I'll get stomped to death. Let's assume your assumption is true about me not having any skill to catch the counter. Athena, that moon chick and Zeus all combo me to pudding WHILE I'm turtling and trying to pop heals between their combos. They never fall, I'm not sure if I get immunity because my TV sucks and I'm usually backed against some wall with a bunch of flashy powers exploding in my face. Sooo it actually doesn't require any skill at freaking all, believe it or not (eyeroll), to just sit and block entire combos if you're just turtling anyway. Eyeroll emoticon.

But no, I'm sure they do entire combos on me while I'm blocking because

ONLY THE TRULY SKILLED OF THE DC UNIVERSE ONLINE ELITE CAN FULLY GRASP THE FULLY POTENTIAL OF THE FULLY COUNTER TO FULLY COUNTER A BOSS WHILST BLOCKING FULLY SKILL NOOB.

SKILL (eyeroll)

i dont know why i bother with you people really
    fire doesn't suck, but there are people on this forum who love to go "eyeroll omg what you cant tank with fire lol i know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who solod Zoo with fire eyeroll git gud"

then you don't even have a fire tank???
  3. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Everything you just typed here is YOUR fault. Not the power, not other group members not DC, and not the community..

Your the type that has to rush to end game to keep up with everyone else who bothered to progress their toon through feats and understanding the game and power potential, and is EXACTLY why most HATE pugs.

It is YOUR fault not to progress the SP system.

It is YOUR fault that you choose not to mod

But yet scream about buff this and nerf that.

When people tell you "git good" it is for those EXACT reasons.

Get over yourself.
  4. Lugo Well-Known Player

What are you saying anymore? Everyone in the game can agree fire is the weakest tank. I didn't rush to the end of the game, I'm 178 and I've been playing since beta, I didn't even MAKE it to the end of the game.

I don't use mods, I don't have 8 million skill points, of course that's on me? But was that my point???

On top of that, I've never posted about buffing or nerfing ANYTHING. Where are you getting this from???

I'll never get over myself though, lol, that's just silly. I'm my favorite. eyeroll
  5. L T Devoted Player

Fire loses it's defense bonus while blocking-- but all tanks do. Fire also loses it's healing bonus while blocking, which hurts a lot. But Fire keeps its health buff while blocking, which is a big win.
    AD FTW!!!!!
    So far, in terms of Effective Health, Fire does pretty well-- better than Ice in fact. Self-heals are looking a little weak, especially when blocking. I'm mostly through Ice, Fire, Earth, and Atomic. Haven't started Rage yet, and I don't have brick health numbers so I can't quite place Earth Golem tanking on the list.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Tried running Zoo elite again just because I like beating my head against a wall i guess. I think we also need to start talking about the stuns that also cause issues in the higher tier content. Lets see if i got this right? Block for the swoop attack, dodge the charge attack, maintain aggro on the bat i am in charge of and oh yeah break out of a stun every few seconds with only a few options in my load out for immunity or breakout. BTW i have all the movement mode abilities enabled. All this even if you can manage to avoid the phantom one shot that apparently comes out of nowhere that they have admitted is there.
  7. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

You can eyeroll snicker all you want. My fire tank begs to differ.

Your the type that does scream for buffs and nerfs without first using your toon to max potential. You have been doing it the whole thread by saying fire needs fixed and not raid worthy....seen complaints of your kind a million times with all powers..

.And those who have been playing since beta knows better.

You say you have difficulty with fire, and being beat to death with it...but yet refuse to take the time to set your toon up for maximum benefit to see if there would be a difference.

I guess it takes less time to come here and argue with me on how bad fire is rather than set your toon proper.

Any tank power without maximized benefit to tier is going to run into an issue or another..especially in high tier content post revamp. Especially if other support roles are equally lacking.

But you know..its all good. This argument is silly. You refuse to pick up what I am putting down..

Best of luck to you...better yet..best of luck to the healers trying to keep your unmodded, low SP having *** verticle. While the rest of the group tries to manage.
  8. Cadens Dedicated Player

Zoo elite is just a stupidly designed raid, and is way too hard. JFA elite was done perfectly. Essentially the same mechanics, but everything hit harder. Zoo elite second boss is hard to the point that no one bothers. New content comes out every other month so why spend hours beating your head against the wall? Elite raids need to go away, and just release two at the same time like they did with Gates and Prime. The easier raid is used to get gear for the harder raid. The harder raid was absolutely beatable with a decent group of well-geared players. So far, a group of 213s in elite second room need to use a glitch to beat it. We shouldn't be forced to glitch to beat that raid.
  9. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I stand corrected on the health buff. The tool tip for out of block healing in and health buff are written close together and I've misread. Having said that I still think Fire tanking got short changed post revamp. An example of this is some tank powersets kept their 10% control resistance bonus within certain powers. Enflame got changed to a melee range dps dot from one of Fire's 10% control restistance powers. I'm interested to know the thought process there.

I agree that self heals whilst in block feel weak. Thats been my experience anyhow. It's catch 22 if you run 3 shields, it then limits your choice for the last 3 slots. Then you start thinking if I want 3 shields maybe I should just be using Ice? Or if I want a quick defence buff out of block and active tank I may as well be Rage and Atomic. Fire feels stuck in no mans land at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

There's another interesting thing added with Special Forces that may help out.

You can get Special Forces Mod Recovery kits for 20 MoV. They recover the whole mod and make it account bound. So you can use it in other pieces of gear.

I'm going to keep these and use them for the green and blue gear when the next Episode drops. After that, I'm thinking of getting into Fire Tanking. And I'll use these Mods for starters. After that, I could always use them for my PvP gear.

This will save a LOT of time, hassle, bits and farming.
  11. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

True..I am in a spot, where I try to save my MOV for generator mods and rent. Not replaying a ton anymore..I figure these guys have taken enough of my money over the past 6 years.
  12. C3alix Committed Player

I said it before and I'll say it again. Before the revamp, fire tanking was great. After the revamp, fire was put on Fisher price mode. I've ran elite numerous times (more fails than wins) and the other roles have died faster than I have because of how I'm spec'd. Get some some resto and health in your gear and stats. You get plenty of dom from your gear.