Zoo Elite and Fire tanks

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pyrometers, Oct 6, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

There's a big difference between Fire pre and post revamp. Fire tanks now get a defense buff as well as a health buff. The result is a very high effective health.

Active tanking with fire is an iffy proposition because you can't build up your defense buff before starting the fight. If you can juggle things and get a bunch of quick hits in before Immolation breaks it can maybe work but I wouldn't recommend that strategy in elite.
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The quantum consumable^
  3. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Hmm post revamp fire tanking wasnt even hard in the runs i had, actually had more problems with ice tanking. Fire tanking was always the challenge and ice was easy street. Tbh i havent even bothered to mod past beta on tankside since DWF was the top raid, as it was all to easy with a good heal, than revamp came and it was just to easy. Haven't ran ZOOe though, as i only ran ZOOn 1 time before i started my break (or quit depending on what happens to game in the very near future).
    Post revamp fire-tanking (along with all other powers and roles) lost its edge, uniqueness and its fun. Fire on dps side is pretty good now, but so boring and tacky (no fluentness left).

Anyways a properly geared and modded with a decent amount of SP and a good LO, fire tank, with old fire tank reflexes should beast this game atm.
  4. L T Devoted Player

yeah the chrono emitters work well!
  5. Lugo Well-Known Player

Only you can't block the combos of most bosses, Zeus' basic attakc **** for thousands. Not everyone has 300 SPs, and I actually hate crafting so I don't even use mods. Not to mention that modding gear you're just gonna replace tomorrow is a waste, so not everyone is fully modded or fully geared. But yea sure, fire is soooo easy eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll :rolleyes:
  6. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Sounds like a personal problem then. If you don't take advantage of the materials needed and sometimes required to complete an instance without hassle or headache....then that is on you. Especially considering they made it extremely easy to get mats for mods with all the recovery kits laying around.

Always modded alphas or betas which are extremely cheap and recoverable for just a few hundred game cash till I have a piece of vendor gear to mod SF. And the alphas and betas do not require simple and complex. So you can save those till you have a piece worth modding for real.

I personally never had a problem comboing bosses.
  7. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I never said fire was easy either without knowing what you are doing. Fire isnt a power for some newb to just jump off into to try their hand at tanking.

Fire does require a certain amount of SP and the right allocations to really be fully effective. It also requires a certain amount of skill of knowing mechanics both PvP and raid mechanics...not just sitting back and spamming your pull move. :rolleyes:

What most do not realize or do NOT want to comprehend is that jumping off in a elite raid with basic drop gear significantly reduces your chances of completing said instance..especially as a tank with minimum sp and no mods.

That is why most people do not want to run with a fire tank.

I personally reserve my tank to friends and leaguemates who I have ran with for awhile.
  8. Lugo Well-Known Player

I just never liked mods, and I don't feel like crafting because it's really just a chore in the game. It's like you have to stop playing the game to do a chore in the game, madness. I'm only 178 or something but so far I haven't needed them in normal raids.

Anyway, you can't counter bosses. You can hit them of course?? But you can't block their combos and cause them to fall over.

I guess you think people only tank with pull powers?? I've never heard of it eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snicker snicker
    But your PVP mechanics only works on generic adds, the immunity is a definite need when you're getting stomped out by adds, but with the boss it's just like "shut up and take it." So there goes your PVP mechanics.

My entire point was fire is a bigger challenge at tanking that people would rather avoid, especially when they could find a better tank power. You need all these SPs and mods and great gear to squeeze by in a raid that another tank power can do with average SPs and just a little above the minimum CR. And that other tank could do it more comfortably too.

Anyway, if you have to reserve your fire tank to leagemates, then clearly there's something wrong with fire. The community doesn't just hate the way it looks (even though I do and I could go on and on about how the old fire was better), it's the power has never been on equal grounding with the rest of the tanks. No "newb" can use any tank power, they jump into a millions adds and think they're actually a tank by themselves. Now more than ever that is not the case. But with fire, there's an added challenge to playing it because it just isn't good enough. Not because "only the skilled few eyeroll eyeroll snicker can TRULY UTILIZE ITS POTENTIAL snicker eyeroll," it's just the weakest tank.

Not to say you can't beat things as a fire tank though, you only need like 2 powers in solos and duos. Alerts are a little speed bump, and raids are a challenge. You'd just be better off with another power if you want to tank and not be stressed out about your health bouncing all over the place.
  9. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

It takes 5 minutes if that to mod your gear. That's just laziness.."eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snicker snicker snicker"

I counter bosses all the time, and they DO fall down

Maybe you can't because your not skilled enough to grasp the window of opportunity to do so..because there is a small window there to do it, or care to mod, or in content you should not be in yet.."eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snicker snicker snicker."

I have seen plenty of players tank horribly btw..who do nothing but spam pull moves...to say otherwise is arguing for the sake of arguing.."eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snicker snicker snicker"

Any tank power that requires self healing as part of its mitigation will always require more skill and stat points to accompany it. Period.

It's not the power..its the player who refuses to accept that they are not skilled enough yet, haven't fully understood the power before jumping in over their head and understanding their limitations, do not understand the requirements of the instance and think minimum stats will carry them through with the low end gear they have, do not understand mechanics and sp allocations, and do not bother to take 5 minutes to mod a piece of gear.

Looks like I am talking to one of them ."eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snicker snicker snicker"

I choose to reserve my tank to leaguemates and friends for the exact reasons above..not because I have a fire tank. Let's not get it deluded.

Btw there are creation feats for modding gear..but my guess is that is not important to you either. "Eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll snicker snicker snicker."
  10. BigLogs New Player

Hi, I have a couple of questions.
    1. Do u think that the ultimate edition is worth buying?
    2. I know that if I get the ultimate edition now it get episodes 1-26 but will I also get the episodes 27+?
    I'm playing on PS4 by the way
    Thanks
  11. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to share with the community your elite zoo loadout, mods including white ones and SP allocation? Without wishing to sound flippant, hopefully that information isn't just reserved for friends and league mates?
    • Like x 1
  12. Perseus Chase Committed Player

[IMG]
  13. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

My tank is not Zoo elite ready. Work has limited me to work my main in current tier instead of all three of my toons fully atm. Appologize for the confusion. My comments were in response to a generalization from Lugo that fire tanking is bad in raids...and so so in alerts.(confused as hell on that one.)

However, I have seen other fire tanks do quite well in current content as well as elite. Without hacking.

As far as zoo elite goes in general, it was never meant to be fully beaten at tier..especially when a new release is going to be released a month after....so, it is useless to grab elite gear when it was going to take a full month or a crap ton of replays to actually enjoy the gear only for it to be replaced..a few short days thereafter.
  14. El Jeffe New Player

Joker Man Bat has a scripted one shot you automatically get one shotted by the skull charge that's why you're suppose to dodge it not just stand there and eat it
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

There are some bosses that you can not counter:
    -Darkseid in DWF
    -Athena, Hecate (although one of these you could lunge to interrupt, but if memory doesnt fail me, it wasnt intended) and Zeus in Olympus. And, if memory doesnt fail me, The 3 Cyclops in GOM (cant remember in GOMR...but GOME almost for sure).
    -Baron Savage and Per Degaton in JFA (but thiese two sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, so im guessing its bugged or something)

Its a dumb decision. But oh well...we all know dumb decisions is one of their specialty.

Anyway...pre-revamp, Fire was in a really good spot. Ok, yes, you had to block a lot, but it was pretty strong and was a unique playstyle. Now it feels weaker, with a lame mechanic and lost its uniqueness.
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

no u can block it as tank , i can even do it as dps cr212 as long i am blocking, in my exemple all 3 tanks thought they can battle tank the charge or they didnt see it coming lol

Amazon Deflection is a beast against that charge aswell.(instant block)
  17. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

The problem with fire's health and fire soul defence buff is you don't get it If your blocking. Getting from the initial 30% out of block defence buff to the 50% takes 20 hits on a burning npc. (Please correct me if I'm wrong there). As you point out it takes time. Then you have to refresh every single hit you have made for the 1% defence increase every 12 seconds. Not much use in content that requires you to block. Taking Atomic as a crude comparison, it gets a 90% defence buff out of block for just standing there.

I don't have a problem blocking, I've mainly Fire tanked, but the most productive loadout I can find for the hardest content post revamp involves 2 iconic shields that both have 30 cooldowns. I don't think Fire should be optimal that way.

I'm really looking forward to your update on tanking. I would urge you to test Fire first, if only because it seems to have so many more variables than other tank powersets.
  18. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I have countered darkseid..especially after the initial taunt..and he lunges you half way across the room. All bosses in Oly dropped, and the cyclopses do fall..jfa bosses are counterable. There is a window,..all beit very small for each one and instance. Next time I run these I will post a video. Right now, I am away from home for an extended period of time due to work.

The key is not being under a cc effect..and the boss not flashing for immunity.

I like what they have done with fire. It gives you options..and in my experience not near the power hungry tank it used to be. The shield and options of how and when to activate, and added pull is a nice touch as well. IMO of course.
  19. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I agree with this 100%.
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...youre the first (and only) that i see saying Darkseid can be countered. Specially when the Devs themselves said its not counterable because he is the all mighty Darkseid and stuff like that. But of course you can get immunity from the adds or Granny.
    Same goes for Zeus.
    Athena and Hecate, like i said, ive seen them drop but only with lunges, not blocking. And the Cyclops, like i said, i dont remember very well.
    And JFA bosses, i dont know. To me something is weird. Like i said, sometimes they drop and sometimes they unleash a full combo without any problem (without having immunity, obviously).