YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

And we're back...

Nice work with the opening chapter. You can see the influences drawn by the Dragon Lance character and also Supes. Where is the Nightcrawler influence? Maybe I am just missing something. It will be interesting to see where Gallius goes in his stories, I imagine a character like him, you can do some space/cosmic rather easily. I get the impression that in terms of morality, Gallius is more closer to that of Lawful Good? Wondering a bit, how is it writing your own stories and not compiling other peoples?
  2. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Good morning,
    The Nightcrawler influence somes from both having blue skin, and ability to teleport. Yeah I would say Lawful Good or maybe Neutral Good. His personality is similar to Tanis Half-Elven of Dragonlance and they both are mixed races. Tanis being elf/human while Gallius' father is Daxamite and mother is Nyprean. Not sure how you can even read the red Ayame dialogue. I might have to re-do the color and font later when I get home.
    • Like x 1
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Eh, it wasn't too hard, I managed. If I am reading the story correctly, it seems like the events take place on Earth within the DCU world. Something that might help us connect with Gallius is to understand how he got to where he is currently, how he connected with the people that are there around him. I could be getting ahead of myself and you may already have this in the chute so to speak.
  4. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Don't have much to say, to be honest. Just wanted another look at a Dragonlance-book. God, I miss Dragonlance... :( I really need to pick up one of the 120+ books in my collection and start reading it again. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well done AlienNomad, well done. The inspirations for you toons' are cool. And as for the D&D books, yep, Advanced D&D was the thing for me especially the cover art; loved those during the late 80s. The interaction between Gallius and Ayame was amusing. Great job.

PS: I know that you know about the text font color. It was awkward to read because I had to put my face so near to the screen to read it, lol
    • Like x 1
  6. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Slow day at work and figured I would try drawing some characters other than my own. The face might be a little wonky, and the aura may not but too accurate, also, not sure if this is a current pic as I pulled it from Wavedox

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

:D Awesome job. I gotta copy and save this. Thumbs up Bern!
  8. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Great question. For me personally it kinda feels like public speaking as in a school progress report in front of class. It's easier to get excited over your own works since it's your "baby" as it were. But you better dot your i's and cross your t's because an audience can detect a flaw that you may have missed. There's no pressure when compiling other people's work but when you put out your own story you gotta solidify the origin of the character because it will uproot everything after that. If there's a hole in the story your audience will view you with less credibility towards future works.
    • Like x 1
  9. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Just wanted to expound on this point a bit. The younger Gallius is Lawful Good but upcoming events will change him into the brooding type like Tanis (who was Neutral Good).
    • Like x 1
  10. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Take 2 :confused:

[IMG]

Chapter 01 "Destination: Braxas"
    [IMG]
    Gallius surveyed the landscape for any signs of life. The dark stormy sky hung over a desolate and rocky land. Obsidian-colored sharp rock dominated the terrain for as far as the eyes could see.
    "Sigh, we've got a long ways to go still", grumbled Gallius.
    "You know, you really didn't need to come, I'm a not a child I can take care of myself."
    "Hey! Thanks for being so appreciative of my efforts Ayame!", quipped Gallius with a wry smile.
    "You know I appreciate this. I'm just concerned that you might be a liability in your weakened state during this search. If you want to head back to the portal, then you should go! When those things start flickering they get volatile and once they vanish they're gone for good."
    "That's not an option! Why do you insist that I stay home when you know full well I want to be part of this! Plain and simple I need to be part of this rescue mission." Gallius stated adamantly.
    Gallius glanced up at the sky. "The sky is so dark and gloomy . . . I can't even see the planet's sun out here. I can feel my strength diminishing. Ayame . . . the nearest sun is not yellow."
    "I told you this might happen, fortunately I draw my energy from the lunar phases. We have a half-moon tonight so if we're confronted with danger I'll be sure to rescue us both", winked Ayame with her hand on her hip.
    "You're not funny!" exclaimed Gallius while pursing his lips. "We'll see who gets who out of trouble first! Let's just keep going."
    Kronos and Yagami walked up to the edge of a blustery precipice and witnessed some activity at the bottom of the valley. A large group of Brainiac Subjugators took command of the mining efforts as they forced the indigenous people into slave labor. The mine stood beneath them as some 2000 slaves in their now-tattered dark-gray robes blending into their surroundings continued to work with robotic precision.
    "What the denizens of this planets lack in might, they make up for it with stealth, skill and sheer numbers. Nevertheless, Brainiac's presence here will ultimately be the extinction and assimilation of the species while fleecing this small planet's resources. The Qhonn are completely self-aware but are unable to resist the Sentries' commands. Sadly, they are now cyborgs. Half-flesh, half-robot", uttered Ayame in a low tone.
    "Sickening. We have to cleanse this world of Brainiac's presence." stated Gallius.
    "Yes, but if we miss just one Subjugator, it will send the miners out in hordes to attack us." warned Ayame.
    "We need to work fast and efficiently."
    "You're forgetting something Gallius. You can't hide from Brainiac. Once the Subjugators are destroyed, he will send far more formidable robots to restore order and hunt us down for digitization."
    Gallius turned and looked Ayame in the eye, "We have to help restore freedom to these people. I know we're getting a little side-tracked, but I just can't ignore what I'm witnessing here."
    "Let me remind you that you're not exactly at full strength. Don't overestimate your abilities. Things will get hairy once this conflict gets reported to Brainiac."
    Ayame paused to consider something.
    "Hey . . . . maybe the sun's rays will break through the dense clouds later . . . but . . . what if the sun is an odd color and you get turned into a pumpkin?!? Then what do we do??" jested Ayame with a mischievious smirk.
    The blue Nyprean stared at Ayame,
    "Seriously? You're cracking jokes right now?? You know dense cloudcover doesn't stymie my abilities right? It's the color and relative proximity to . . . oh never mind! Seriously though, there's gonna be casualties from all this so we have to stay focused!"
    Gallius looked out onto the masses.
    "I can't watch this. Side-tracked or not this ends here and now."
    "Such nobility! You never cease to amaze me. You're exceptional you know that?"
    "I see . . . still mocking me."
    "No I'm serious. People like you don't exist anymore. Well ... maybe in your homeworld Nypreos they do. Or did."
    Gallius just stood there in silence. Moments later he proceeded to laid out the strategy to infiltrate the mining operation.
    • Like x 1
  11. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

"So we need to get our hands on a couple of gray robes so we can blend right in. After that, I'll stun the Sentries in time. I stun, you slice and dice. Got it?"
    "Actually we don't need robes, I can simply create an illusion that we're wearing them. We sneak into the crowd invisibly at first, once in we will reappear with robes on so we can see each other.
    "Very clever. However, these are advanced machines created by Brainiac. They probably can detect our infrared signatures. We can't just fly in. They know Braxians can't fly."
    Ayame pursed her lips with mild annoyance at herself.
    "Yes, I know that! I just . . . wasn't thinking," protested Ayame.
    "Relax! I know you to be a bright young lady. I just happen to be a little bit mor-"
    "Ok doctor quantum!" Ayame abruptly cuts off Gallius from finishing his sentence.
    The two quietly snuck amidst the bustling masses while the sentries were pacing in the other direction. The robed natives continuously worked in the mine. Digging, transporting, and sorting some strange mineral buried underground. Gallius signals a hand gesture to his companion and heads towards his first unsuspecting victim. Suddenly a rift appears where the robot stood. Blue and black swirling energy engulfed the robot and left it stunned and suspended in mid-air. Ayame silently runs up to the robot and unsheathes her 2 waist daggers. The black blades instantly grow to become two black League of Assassin swords as she makes quick work of dismantling the stunned robot. A couple of dozen robed Qhonn suddenly were freed from the Subjugator's mind-control and pushed and frantically made their way through the crowd in an attempt to escape. The plan was working and each subsequent victim of Gallius and Ayame's ambush led to more and more freed victims. Amidst the fracas, a half-dozen Subjugators ran towards the commotion that they witnessed from a distance. With outstretched arm, a robot sends a bolt of crackling energy at Gallius. The concussive blast shocks and sends the alien through the air. Gallius landed hard on the ground but got right back up.
    "Ok, that was not part of the plan," winced Gallius.
    Hundreds of freed Qhonn ran up to attack their mechanical overlords with sticks, sharp rocks, and metal objects. Ayame flew in-between the Subjugators and Kronos, and using her Mass Levitation mental gifts lifts a robot and hurls it against other Subjugators like a battering ram. Pieces of metal ricocheting into the crowd.
    "We're here to keep these people from harm remember?!?" yelled Gallius.
    The battle raged on and with Gallius and Ayame's efforts the natives eventually overwhelmed the Braniac robots that day and halted the mining operation.
    [IMG]
    The Qhonn remnant then mobilized to another site several miles east of the mine while insisting their benefactors come with them. They came to a valley with some rare greenery and nearby hot springs.
    • Like x 1
  12. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Chapter 02 "Campfire Stories"
    [IMG]
    Gallius got up early the next morning and before the dawn broke, started walking about the campsite taking in his surroundings. His eyes caught sight of the nearby hot springs.
    His battered body was just salivating over this sight, and trudged his way toward one of the hot springs. Gallius came to the edge of the water source and took off his battle harness and remaining gear. He eases into the warm water he lets out a deep exhalation. Taking in the warmth, he closes his eyes and starts to relive his last moments of Nypreos in his mind.
    In the Abissinian colony on the continent of Talados worked a group of scientists in a laboratory. Walking towards the window, Gallius could see the Kryptonian debris in the sky hurtling towards Nypreos. He ran outside the station to take a better look at the terrifying, ominous sky. A sudden and powerful explosion blew out the windows from inside the station. The feeling of dread overcame Gallius. He was literally caught between an apocalyptic Kryptonian meteor shower outside and a conflagration inside. Gallius ran inside the lab only to find the bodies of dozens of his coworkers in blood-soaked tattered lab coats sprawled on the floor. Gallius discerned some movement from his peripheral and made his way through the fire and smoke towards the figure.
    "Khain!! Khain .... is that you?!?" His older brother turned and faced Gallius,
    "Not enough temporal escape pods around here! You can thank me later brother!"
    Gallius was stunned and in denial over what his older brother had just committed but he had no time to think, he needed to act. Gallius quickly moved past his brother into the next room. He frantically starts overturning boxes, drawers and dumping shelves amidst the fire and smoke. "Where is it?!?" yelled Gallius in his agitated state. His eyes started to burn and he started to cough from all the smoke. He scatters the items on the floor and finally . . . there it is! He snatches an outmoded digital vambrace from the pile and pushes past Khain who was firing up the temporal escape pods and runs out of the lab. Gallius could hear his brother screaming behind him.
    [IMG]
    "Where are you going?!? You have 15, 20 minutes before you're DEAD!!! YOU HEAR ME?!?!"
    Gallius headed to an open field and set the coordinates on his digital vambrance.
    "C'mon . . . come on!! Piece of junk!!" Gallius vexed as he waited for the device to process the information.
    "Hold on Medussa, I'm coming."
    Several thunderous booms could be heard from a distance. Finally it activated and he teleported in front of a house. Or, what was left of it. Before Gallius stood a smoking heap of white rock crystal with timbers beneath it. Sliding the vambrace off his left forearm he dropped to his knees with the device in his hand.

Suddenly, someone splashed up from the hot spring before the blue-skinned alien. A female with alabaster skin and blood-red hair appeared before him. "Ayame! What the?!?" as he gasped for breath. "Startled me."
    "You need to relax, we're in a safe area." Ayame noted some anxiety in the blue-skinned alien's face. "Are you okay?" Gallius exhaled a couple of times.
    "Umm . . . yeah. I was just deep in thought."
    Gallius stared in amazement. Her bare shoulders and top of her breasts exposed to the air as she wrung the excess water from her hair.
    "Hmmm, you're not shy are you? Rather bold actually."
    Ayame looked over her shoulders to detect any signs of people in the area.
    "What do you mean? I don't see anyone."
    "Well . . . . . I'm here." said Gallius awkwardly.
    "You're harmless. I feel safe with you." Ayame smiled while making eye contact. Gallius' cheeks flushed a purplish hue as he sank into the water up to his chin.
    • Like x 2
  13. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Later that day, they proceeded to enter a newly-constructed yurt made especially for guests of the Braxas monks. In the center of the room sat a rectangular table with chairs and bowls with steaming food in them.
    "What is this?" inquired Ayame.
    "Dinner. It's what the locals eat. Eat up. These people are certainly honorable and hospitable to their guests.
    The side door opened and a young monk with a shaved head then entered the yurt. He bowed before the two, "Thanks again for saving these people, we are forever indebted to you. My brother and I arrived here at dawn to investigate the situation. Unfortunately these men and women have been converted to cyborgs but at least they're not enslaved anymore." expressed the monk.
    The time has arrived for us to start looking for the Chosen One." asserted the monk.
    "And who might this be?" inquired Gallius.
    "There's been a legend handed down from our forefathers that a chosen appointed one will rescue us from a forthcoming plight. Our race has never faced this kind of adversity before so everyone believes now is the time when the Triumvirate will appear." stated Felsic.
    "So is this 'Triumvirate' also the Chosen One?", inquired Gallius
    "We don't know how this prophecy will manifest itself, we just know where we are on the timeline, replied Felsic.
    "Well we can help you find this Chosen One but we originally came here in search of a young girl. She was created using our combined DNA while we were both held captive sometime ago."
    "Ah, so you two are her ..... parents?" asked Felsic.
    "Sort of" chimed Gallius."She occasionally communicates with Ayame here telepathically. She's scared and just wants to go home."
    "She sounds very tired every time we talk. I don't know what's going on. I can't see anything."
    "I wish I could help but I need to help the Qhonn during this revolution against Braniac. Gabbros and I will be by the campfire if you two want to meet with us after supper"
    The sky got darker and the moon ascended. Gallius walked down the jagged obsidian terrain towards the billowing smoke. A flaming campfire near the creekbed stood before him with 2 seated figures. Felsic stood up and bowed before Gallius.
    [IMG]
    "Gallius. I'd like you to meet my younger brother, Gabbros."
    "Good evening Gabbros."
    "Hullo" muttered Gabbros dryly.
    "Excuse my younger brother, he's the quiet type" claimed Felsic
    "Oh, it's quite alright."
    "We've recently discovered a massive extractor a 4 day's journey north of here. We believe this may be the heart of the Brainiac operation here in Braxas. There is a large generator attached to the extractor that pumps out all that geothermal energy, and also what appears to be a young girl inside with wings of black energy. They have attached metal cables to her forearms and it seems they are using her power as an amplifier for the machine." revealed Felsic.
    "It's her . . . it has to be!!" exclaimed Gallius with mouth agape.
    "What's going on?" barged in Ayame.
    "Welcome Ayame. It's quite possible that your purpose here in Braxas is tied-in to our vanquishing Brainiac from our homeland. Please excuse us as we have to prepare for tomorrow's activities" announced Felsic.
    Ayame sat down to the left of Gallius and they both leaned forward and became entranced by the crackling flame.
    "Well? Can I get some details around here?" asked the redhead with her hands on her waist.
    Galiius stood silent for a few moments as he listened to the crackling of the fire.
    "When are you going to tell me a little you about your past?"
    "That's not something I care to share with just anyone." Ayame blankly stated
    "But I'm not just 'anyone' remember?"
    An awkward silence stood between the two. Ayame finally broke the silence.
    "I am a daughter of Ra's al Ghul. The world-renowned terrorist that plans on purging the world of humanity. I am the sister of deceased Dusan al Ghul which explains my albino skin. My father rejected my brother and I on that basis. Dusan strove to the end for his father's acceptance but I simply walked out on R'as and became a lone wolf as it were. I have been exposed to the Lazarus Pits, an underground chemical pool discovered by Ra's. Immersion alters human physiology, enhances human ability, and grants an indefinite lifespan. I was captured and incarcerated along with you, and the rest is history."
    "How does that pool alter human physiology?" inquired Gallius
    "Well . . . it actually kills anyone in good health, but if you were as sickly as I was growing up it would grant you ability beyond human limits. It has the reverse effect on the sickly and diseased."
    [IMG]

"See? That wasn't so hard. Was it?" quipped Gallius as he leaned over her.
    Ayame sighed and pursed her lips.
    "Get some sleep Gallius, it's late."
    • Like x 2
  14. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Chapter 03 "Covenant of Khain"
    Gallius laid down on his cot for a night's rest and fell fast asleep. Visions of flaming, smoking debris hurtling through Nypreos' atmosphere pounded the planet's crust with thunderous noise. The sound of screams permeated the air. A bright blue light filled the laboratory. Gallius thought to himself:
    'Strange blue light. This isn't how it happened! This has to be a dream. Wake up!!' Gallius quickly sat up in his cot. In a cold sweat he gathered himself while breathing heavily. He looks up and discerns the blue light outside from the yurt's small right window. He stares at the flickering light and slowly gets up, trudging towards the side door. He looks behind him and sees Ayame turned away from him tossing in her cot. Eyes closed and resting but once again not sleeping. Closing the door behind him, he heads towards the blue light outside. Gallius perceives a shadowy figure just off to the side of it. Gallius clenches his fists as he approaches the man. The man's fists suddenly emanate a blue swirling aura as he turns around.
    "Just the man I've needed to see", announced the figure. The man's familiar voice struck a chord with the blue-skinned alien.
    "Khain?" asked Gallius
    "I didn't intend for this to be a family reunion, I'm simply here to conduct business," blankly stated the indigo-skinned alien.
    Khain's eyes shifted to something in the dark behind Gallius.
    "Looks like your bodyguard has made her entrance." condescended Khain
    Gallius looked over his shoulder and noted Ayame stepping out from the shadows. Her telekinetic power outwardly radiating a purplish hue as if a coiled serpent ready to strike.
    [IMG]
    "She's not my bodyguard. Just one of few sane people I know and can trust." Gallius stated smartly.
    Khain's countenance fell and tension started to build between the two brothers.
    "Let's go for a walk and discuss my purpose for being here." said the older brother
    "Ayame, please stay here!" barked out Gallius.
    Gallius and Khain strode through black rock. Unbeknownst to those two, Ayame used her mind's eye to 'follow' them and visualize their interaction.
    "So where did you end up when you teleported from Nypreos?" inquired Gallius.
    "As you already know, Nyprean escape pods will always teleport you to a place with gravitational force. A moon, a planet, a black hole. I arrived on the Tuur moon. Once there, my abilities increased to incredible levels. I then realized that it was my proximity to Tuur's yellowish sun that enhanced my power. I tore off my respirator and flew to Tuur. That is where I reside for the time being."
    "I ended up on planet Earth." said Gallius.
    Khain crossed his arms and faced Gallius.
    "Listen I'm not here for small talk. I'm here to establish a covenant with you. Our people have been annihilated and the planet razed asunder. We need to gather together and subjugate other races and species in order to ensure our survival. We need to grow mighty as a people. This will help to stave off potential threats from Brainiac and any other power that can bring extinction to our race. Join me and when we grow mighty I'll appoint you as Military Chief of our empire," declared Khain.
    • Like x 2
  15. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

"No . . . I can't get over what happened in that laboratory. It was utterly selfish, cowardly and inexcusable. You understand that what you did will cause you to be exiled from our people?
    "Exiled?? Have you already forgotten that we were banished and made to live as nomads and vagrants in Talados?",exclaimed Khain with arms outstretched.
    [IMG]
    "Khain listen to me! We were quarantined because we all had contact with the Crag of Talados. We did what we had to do to survive on that uninhabited continent and eventually the fears of Alcyone City's residents subsided to the point where they started importing foodstuffs and technology to us so we could create a makeshift lab and monitor the temporal effects from the Crag. What they did to us is not equal to what you did to them. You murdered those scientists and will be exiled from Nypreos indefinitely. You took the lives of your co-workers in order to save your own skin. . . and to hear you talk about establishing an empire of slaves reeks of a man utterly obsessed with his own survival now. I cannot embark with you on your journey for self-condemnation and corruption." proclaimed Gallius with a stern look.
    Khain's eyes widened as he grit his teeth. Blue and black quantum energy swirled around his fists.
    [IMG]
    Gallius assumed an aggressive stance in self-defense while radiating quantum energy.
    Khain pointed up at the sky.
    "There is no one to judge me on that smoldering ash of a planet! Pity you don't appreciate my saving your hide. So be it favorite son!! Neither you nor anyone else shall serve as a stumbling block for my ambitions. If you do . . . I will leave you a broken man."
    And with that, Khain turns heel and walks up to the flickering portal emanating it's blue light that he used to arrive here. The indigo man steps through the portal and it vanishes behind him.
    Gallius walked back to Ayame who was standing outside the yurt.
    "I saw everything." said Ayame with her arms crossed.
    "I figured you would." stated Gallius
    "Looks like I'm not the only one around here with family problems" said Ayame.
    • Like x 2
  16. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Ah, Siblings, what can you say about them. Older or younger, they always seem to irritate you one way or another. All kidding aside. Nice work man, It was nice to get a glimpse into the past of Gallius. The Ra's Al Ghul piece was interesting with Ayame and I wonder if/how that will play a part in her character development. In reading the last piece about Gallius and his brother, I envision a Supes/Zod-esq battle in the future. I could just be reading this wrong, but where on Earth is this all taking place? Also, reading all of your stuff and other who take up the charge of writing stories here, makes me want to jump back to the Pre-retcon world and put Bernie back in the mix with all the other heroes and villains out there
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Another good addition AlienNomad. Ayame friend zoned Gallius so quickly it was funny, lol. There's nothing better than tension between family. I could see a scene in the future where Gallius ends up yelling in anger "KHAIN!!"
    • Like x 1
  18. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Guys your input is truly appreciated! Hope you're enjoying reading it as much as I enjoy posting it. I do feel it is time to do a little recap because there's so many moving parts to the story. So get your tin foil hats and let's geek out! :confused:

Alien Nomad got that title because he, his brother and other Nypreans were banished from Alcyone City (the largest, most populous city in all of Nypreos) to the uninhabited continent of Talados. The Crag of Talados is an alien rock that fell from the sky from another world. It radiates temporal energy and that is how Nomad got his quantum powers. Aesthetically, Nypreos looks very much like New Genesis. The majority of the planet has been destroyed from the Kryptonian debris that fell from the sky. There are pockets in Talados that are left unscathed from the cataclysm. Nypreans miscalculated the trajectory of Krypton's explosion but Khain was dead on. Jor-El did not want to send his son to Nypreos for 2 reasons: 1. Nypreos was too close to Krypton and 2. Unlike Earth, Nypreos does not have a yellow sun. In Nypreos, Kal-El would be as an ordinary human much like Daxamites are ordinary while living in Daxam. Still with me?? o_O

Braxas is not a place on Earth. It is a jagged, rocky planet on another galaxy. Gallius and Ayame were incarcerated months before this story and their DNA was taken from them so that a child could be cloned using their combined DNA. The girl has been telepathically sending Ayame an SOS. More than anything, this prequel is about the girl, hence the cover title "Rescue Mission". They have traced her location and she is held captive on the planet Braxas. While there the protagonists discover that Braxas is just another planet Braniac is attempting to assimilate in his goal for universal dominion and get sidetracked by the Braxians, an ascetic light gray-skinned people who are attempting a revolution against Braniac's forces there. Also, Tuur is the planet where Khain (Alien Exile) now calls home. He is planning on taking over that planet. Now here are some images I designed a couple of months ago. :)
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Daxam as depicted in DC Comics
    Aurorabenz07 I'm hoping to get the Blackest Night flipbook done early next week. L8R guys!
    • Like x 1
  19. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

20. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

• Like x 1