Xbox Server Bans

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MC GreenLantern, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have a close friend on xbox that was broadcasting the whole thing to me when it happened, they certainly did not just buy "a few."
    • Like x 3
  2. MC GreenLantern Active Player

Whether they intended or not it happened. If you go to a grocery store and they have a typo in the price they honor that price this is the same.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Length of time that passes is irrevelent. Mepps already said this wasn't the reason for the ban, but even if it was that doesn't matter. You participate in an exploit, you are always in danger of being banned.

Reasons why banning could take a length of time:

1. Perhaps the incident was on XBox's end, requiring negotiating a solution with them.
    2. Careful investigation to see how many people were involved, what happened and to what extent. That doesn't happen overnight.
    3. Figuring out how to put a stop to the exploit itself (this is more related to why it probably took a while to punish those people duping TC stuff) and resolving it before handing out punishment. This is because if they punish people before it's fixed, those people would likely spread methods, information, etc. out of spite, leading to even greater problems.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not if the people are carrying the entire god dang store out to their car and expect to pay just a dollar for it lol. Stop being silly and start making sense.
    • Like x 3
  5. Marek Committed Player

But it was green.....
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Some people in this thread admitted to ending up with over 100,000 stabilizers. Each pack contained 2 if I remember correctly. That means spending literally every waking minute while the glitched price was up, clicking and clicking 50,000 times.

Now, here's the kicker.

If (as some people say), some supposedly believed that this was the correct price (they have to argue that to avoid falling into the exploit bit), why the hurry? Why not pick up a few at a time, if they truly believed 1 cent was the correct price. Everyone playing the victim is just full of... yeah.
    • Like x 6
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

I can only refer to the law of the country I live in, the UK, where retailers are legally entitled to withdraw an item from sale without providing a reason, amend the price of an item at the point of sale without providing a reason, and refuse to transact with any individual they do not wish to transact with for any reason.

I'm not saying retailers won't honour prices that have been incorrectly merchandised, but if they do, it is an act of goodwill, and it is unethical to exploit either the goodwill or mistakes of others to their detriment and anyone claiming they bought those bundles for 1 MC in good faith is a liar.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Common sense says you know it's a mistake. I mean, c'mon. If I went to the dealership to buy a new car and they had a brand new 2018 dodge charger marked for $500.00 on mistake when they really meant $50,000, you would really try to make the excuse "it's a legit cost, it's on the price tag"- if you would try to buy that car, it tells the type of person you are and you would probably exploit a glitch anyway even if it wasn't daybreak's fault.
  9. Mystere Well-Known Player

YES, really. When airlines mistakenly post incorrect and ridiculously low fares - guess what they honor them. They don't blame their customers - they definitely don't ban them from flying their airlines in the future. What world are you all living in when you think that blaming customers for taking advantage of your mistakes is customer service or friendly.
    • Like x 2
  10. MC GreenLantern Active Player

100000 stabilizers would have still cost $1000 so who was really winning?
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You recieved 2 per pack, they cost 1 MC, if you bought 100k worth of stabilzers, like shark said it's only 50,000 MC or like $500.

So you bought $100,000 worth of stabilizers for $500 and you don't see that as being fishy at all? Right.....
    • Like x 4
  12. Harlequin Devoted Player

Exactly. Daybreak is being a lot more charitable than I would be. It was an obvious error. I'd permanently ban everyone who bought more than a couple of them.
    • Like x 3
  13. MC GreenLantern Active Player

Every is acting like if this price screw up happened on pc they wouldn't have used it. That's funny.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Considering I've seen them punish people for glitches in the past, no I probably wouldn't have. I've dumped too much damn money into this game to lose it over someone else's screw up.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

People are so hypocritical.

"This helped the community, this was good for players, blah, blah, blah." Yeah, I'm sure the people who did the latest glitches (it's amazing the lengths people went to pull this off) were only interested in sharing all the ultra-rare collection pieces they got for their characters. Yeah, I'm sure that's why they put stuff on the broker for only 120 million instead of 200 million. So nice of them. Helping.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe glitches actually cause more problems in TC drop rates? Insurance scams, for example, result in the overall premiums being increased for everyone accross the board. Has anyone stopped to think that these thousands of wrongfully-acquired stabilizers might be pushing drop rates even lower to compensate and make up lost income?
    • Like x 2
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Comparing a game company that has microtransactions with an airline. Yeah right... Your not even comparing apples and oranges anymore. You're literally comparing an ingame item to a friggin plane.
    • Like x 2
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

2. Were there exploiters not banned? Perhaps you'd care to share (PM'ing a dev works) so we can root them out of the game.
    3. How do you know it's not completely patched? Are you participating or know someone participating in an active glitch?
    • Like x 1
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

I know. It's hard to believe someone would have better ethics than you do.
    • Like x 4
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

This is one of the most entertaining threads of this year.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. MC GreenLantern Active Player

I wasn't even on when it happened but if I was yeah I would have bought them. Anyone that says they wouldn't either has the greatest self control of all time or is lying to themselves. The fact is this happened in March and the bans came down in January.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.