Wonder Girl

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ArkonAWOL, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Well it's the stuns that bother me the most, and her bracers defense that I feel wears off in 5 hours
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The powers that stun, numbers 2 and 4 on both characters are the exact same between both characters as are the bracers. Wonder Woman even has higher health.
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I blame her brawling. It's very predictable because it's slow. I've played with Wondergirl a lot too and imo, she's not top tier. I do believe she has higher health than Donna, but overall the move are the same. The Whip Thrash attack is helpful but her shield sometimes bugs out. Sometimes there's a delay, sometimes you can use it when she's knocked down sometimes you can't. MA and HB users and harder to predict, especially the HB users who can easily switch in to Melee. Once you begin to notice their strengths and flaws, you use those traits against them. One thing I started doing with Wonder Wench Jr was Tap Melee+Hold Melee, clip with Spin Attack, Hold Range, Lasso and then Head pound she does. Honestly, after everything I just said, you can't really determine who is Top Tier and who isn't, it really just depends on the person. I've met amazing Robin users and absolutely horrible Catwomen, Circe, and all of the rest. It really just depends on the person, players should understand that because the constant knit picking with Legends makes it unbalanced.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Before I say anything else, you determine who is top tier in legends PvP at the moment by looking at how effectively they can be played at their maximum effectiveness in a 1v1 and 2v2 environment (the competitive match sizes for legends). Before Catwoman's stealth was changed she was capable of somewhere around 4.5k (now somewhere around 3.7k since it was cut in about half) damage out during a single counter window. You can't say she isn't top tier because "not every player can do that".

Don't get me wrong here, if you're good enough you can defeat any legend successfully, but it doesn't come down to the player as so many people keep saying. If that was the case it would be completely impossible to balance things out in any aspect of this game at all.

Actually brawling itself at top tier is a pretty good choice currently. Right now you can jump cancel the block breaker meaning you can lunge at an enemy should they attempt to roll to avoid your block breaker and catch them there to get another counter on them. If you keep getting predicted then that's your own fault, not the fault of the weapon. Hand blasters and martial arts are currently not the top tier weapons because they are less predictable. At top tier games are played not on a predictive basis but a reactionary basis.

That's part of the problem. You are saying that it is in your own opinion without having the facts to back it up and based on the rotation you're using, the knowledge of the character to start making those assertions with.

Currently right now the rotation you are using leaves you open for multiple counters. During the first half of the sequence a simple tap block will cause you to fall down and during the second half you will be left vulnerable to interrupt for most of it. Not to mention there isn't even a reason for that block breaker to be in there.

A significantly better rotation for you to attempt would be weapon combo clipped with lasso of lightning into her headbutt combo, clipping that combo with another power as you aren't left open to counter mechanics for nearly as long and you are able to put out more damage in that same time span for less power.

Donna is significantly more defensive based that Wonder Girl and cannot put out as much damage as she can, because, as previously stated, Donna is not an offensive based character.

I can't say I've had any of these issues. Either I haven't been in that situation where that is occurring or you are suffering latency issues.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hero of Justice New Player

Wonder Girl is almost certainly better right now but whoever told you that Supergirl was bad wasn't being accurate IMO. She's not as good now that her no. 2 power has gone down significantly, but I still think she's solid. If you like using Wonder Girl odds are you would love Wonder Woman, WG is pretty much WW-lite to me every time I use her.

Also keep in mind that the current top tier is the most balanced group to remember, so it's a good time for you to be checking Legends out :) I'm glad Wonder Girl is working well for you, just realize that she doesn't guarantee a win, she isn't overpowered or anywhere near the class of former imbalanced characters.
    • Like x 1
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It depends on both the person and the legend character. For example, if I were to play myself using catwoman while my clone used kilowog, I would probably win 8-0.
    • Like x 1
  7. Amazon Committed Player

As someone who favors the magic legends and the wonder family in particular. I don't think wonder girl is OP. She does have good burst dmg and someone who is good with counters will do well with her. WG is high dmg, Donna is high defense and WW is the best of both.
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

She also has the best shield in the game that also happens to act as the most damaging reflect, that and the lasso combo which is the best safe damage in the game make her top tier. The reason why WW is better is due to the finisher + more health.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

WG and WW's bracers are the same correct? She's pretty much WW junior.
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Pretty much. Brawling is better for counter punishment though, shield is the better for weapon burst on two players though. Both BBs are good.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

What's the max damage combo with WG at the moment after a block breaker? Guessing it has something to do with her lasso combo.
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Still hoping the lasso combo would be blockable. Pretty decent safe damage.
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's actually the best safe damage in the game currently, which is a huge reason why she's top tier right now :p