Wonder Girl

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ArkonAWOL, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ArkonAWOL New Player

Hi, I'm new to PvP so I have a lot of questions. Today I had a choice between Super Girl and Wonder girl to day, someone told me super girl was bad so I picked wonder girl. I won pretty easy with her in all my matches and pretty much decimated anyone up close. How good is she? And can anyone give me a tier list so I can stop asking these questions?
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Top tier.
    Catwoman
    Bane
    WonderGirl
    WonderWoman
    I believe there is one to two I am forgetting.
    These characters are based upon counter punishment.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Circe and Lex as well.
    • Like x 2
  4. ArkonAWOL New Player

Is Circe or Wondergirl better overall?
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Depends on your choice of weapon or type of burst.
  6. Crimson Jonni New Player

How is bane top tier? just wondering
  7. ArkonAWOL New Player

Type of burst? I've only ever even a healer so I know of burst heals. What bursts are you talking about? Also, dealing damage with wonder girl was easy, I don't know how to deal good damage with Circe without burning all of my power. Help?
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Pretty certain it's Circe due to being able to avoid a lot of the burst damage counter punishment. Wonder Girl is far from OP but is still very good, just I'd place Circe a little higher up the food chain.

He has absolutely ridiculous survivability under the effects of his SuperCharge. Not to mention it increases his weapon crit chance massively allowing him to easily hit for 1k with weapon attacks. His first venom up I believe actually gives him the highest base stats of any legends character.

To quote my own guide here:
    It's the last one. Since you're new here in legends I'd suggest familiarizing yourself with all of these terms. That may be why you found the guide difficult to read.

Also another small tip, use the reply button. It makes things easier to follow and gives the person a notification you replied to them. That goes for both of you Arkon and Jonni :p
  9. Crimson Jonni New Player

Lol alright. And i totally forgot about his sc. What does the second use do? Besides making you a Artifact weapon sized giant and giving you a green lantern aura?
  10. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I have beaten everyone of those legends except wonder girl
    She is seriously too op
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The second use gives you even higher base stats.

Ugh, not another one of these.

At the current moment if Wonder Woman block breaks most characters while they are around 50% health she can KO them before they stand up.

After Catwoman performs a block break she can deal an average of somewhere around 3k damage during a single counter window.

EDIT: I forgot to take into account the damage from the counter itself from block breaking an opponent so factor in about another 500 damage in there. Also worth noting is that this isn't taking critical damage into account so that will boost it higher.

Please do not claim a character as OP based on the notion that you have never beaten that character. That is what ultimately got John Stewart nerfed into the ground for a long period of time.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
    • Like x 1
  12. ThunderlesStorm New Player

You must be fighting the wrong people.
    • Like x 5
  13. ArkonAWOL New Player

I play fighting games competitively, so I know how it can look to experienced players when a random claims a perfectly fine character is overpowered. That's the reason I asked for a tier list FYI. So Circe is better than wonder girl? I'm just going to assume that Circe has a steeper leaning curve then.

The aforementioned was a general statement and my question was aimed at anyone who can answer. Also, on mobile so sorry if there are spelling mistakes.
  14. Ice Clown New Player

but wonderwoman is stronger o_O
    • Like x 2
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Either way if someone gives you a reply and it's helpful it's generally not a bad idea to quote them to ensure they at least see your comment ad might offer further helpful advice.

Given how the current meta of legends has shifted from DoT based damage to burst based damage (thankfully) I would say overall Circe is better due to her ability to avoid counter punishment. Also hand blasters are currently the best weapon in Legends PvP so I'd say that's another advantage.

Learning curves and the tier system in no way scale in this game. They can be correlated but they don't go hand in hand. Due to Circe's mirror image (teleportation) I would say Circe has the lower learning curve.
  16. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Wonder woman, I beat her plenty of times. I don't see the problem in her other then that absurdly strong finisher
  17. Ice Clown New Player

guess its just the players ur fighting then
    • Like x 1
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm curious then, what exactly makes Wonder Girl over powered in comparison?
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Agreed. I take out that little Amazon so easily, I don't understand how she's "top tier" hahaha
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

She has pretty impressive burst damage and pretty darned good survivability. She's very similar to Wonder Woman just without the finisher.
    • Like x 1