WM Has Officially Kill The Controller Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rox, Apr 18, 2014.

1. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

[IMG]
    This is going to be a good addition to encourage other roles to use more weapon combos. If anything as a controller it's exciting to be able to see this change.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rox New Player

Actually the guy never talked about his power usage I was saying it from my observation gosh
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Been there, tried that :p

Gets kind of boring after 20 minutes searching for a healer and when they arrive, their first words are "2 TANKS? LOL NOOBS" followed up with "TOO SLOW NEED MORE DPS".

*cough*passive buffs*cough*
    • Like x 3
  4. Albatross Well-Known Player

Oh come on, seriously OP think about what you are saying.

Do you think power costs will stop increasing as we continue up tiers? At present most raids seem to feel that 2 trolls are already insufficient to complete content with; why would the trend not only stop but actually reverse itself?

What will happen when tier 7 is introduced and they jack up power costs again?

I didn't comment the first time someone from the forums panicked about the potential for trolls to bounce power back and forth that ultimately led to the increased power costs, but this needs to stop. It was a bad idea to scale up power costs originally (ie. just look at why everyone is running with 3 trolls) and this thread is fishing for the same reactionary fixes.

And one final note - I personally hate trolling, but I end up doing it all the time because either people refuse to learn their secondary role or we need 3 trolls. If you actually enjoy the troll role as it is, I am very certain you will have no shortage of work as I would more than happy to DPS or play a different role on another toon.
  5. Dephyre Committed Player

Bacon
    • Like x 1
  6. NexGenX New Player

I don't see the problem >.>
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

That is terrible and I'm sorry that you've had this experience, but I still wouldn't let others dictate to me how I play. I know it's not always possible, but finding a good league (or forming your own) could solve a lot of the pugging problems.
    • Like x 1
  8. SoulflyMike42 New Player

The title of OP made me laugh. If there is going to be controllers dying then R.I.P. you must have not been good at being a controller in the first place if you switch rolls due to not wanting to be the only one in the group and your group is happy with power. The skilled and worthy controllers will still be here
    • Like x 1
  9. Darth Loyal Player

Like I said, threads like this are idiotic :p There's no point to them at all lol It makes me wish that the OP had a dislike option. I guess no likes is pretty much the same thing though.

/thread
    • Like x 5
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I agree with this

I made similar assumptions as the OP just a few days ago, but after hearing that each powerset is getting a mechanic that wont allow them to use WM, I dont know if thats the case (barring they are actually equal to WM in terms of effectiveness)

Long term, once these mechanics are implemented for all powers and become a viable/better alternative to WM then power might be somewhat of an issue for one person to handle ...Short term, I think Controllers go the way of the healer and tank...I see myself having no issue keeping up with power consumption for 8 people as a solo controller

I 100% see where the OP is coming from with his concerns and I dont think others do...Right now the ONLY reason people carry more than 1 controller is for power only, so when I see people say "Isnt this what controllers wanted?" I kinda shake my head a little because I dont think that other controllers get that less power flowing through the group means less controllers are needed in any given instance...So while theoretically, yes, it frees up your power bar for more CC effects and debuffs and all that jazz, realistically there wont be any raid where 2 controllers are needed for the specific purpose of debuffing/CCing ...Theres no need for all that other stuff in the current content, whereas there's always room for more burn

Just my take on the matter...Long term = good (possibly), short term = 1 controller raids

PS - Is it wrong to stare at that asian man pelvic thrusting for longer than 12 seconds? Because I did.
    • Like x 2
  11. Starry Hope New Player

100% Agreed. I can't begin to tell you how many times I didn't feel like solo healing and I would grab another healer to help me out and i would hear a dps "2 Healers?"
    • Like x 2
  12. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

More than likely the rebirth of the 'controller' role, allowing controllers much more flex time to actually control targets as was the original intention before Derp decided to turn them into batteries.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

Are you guys new to this community? Controllers are gonna work just as hard and will still just be batteries. The only difference will be that there will just be one of you in a raid. Controllers are harder to find, a lot of groups will just opt to run one troller instead of waiting to find another one. This sort of thing will increase in frequency until it is the norm.

If two controllers each have enough power such that they can do other things, then people will simply look at it as a waste. Why would a group want a troller wasting power on pointless crowd control when that controller can just be replaced by a DPS (something that doesn't take half an hour to find)? Yes, ideally we would still run two trollers and both of them can actually control. But I think that you guys are giving this playbase way too much credit.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ice Lantern New Player

Good luck with that. The only way this happen is if there are adds that hit hard, have a ton of health and only controllable by controllers.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

And with WM it reallt wouldn't matter if you have 2 of the same dps in group, so wouldn't have 2 waste any more time trying to look for a dps that won't overwrite
  16. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I think the bigger issue with WM may be the cost to acquire WM for a weapon. With the majority of players running around with less than 65sp, I imagine there are either a lot of players that aren't going to use it, or aren't going to see impressive damage numbers without key innates they can't afford. That will pull them back to keeping up by spamming power. For the more experienced/seasoned players, they'll find it as a boon. Unfortunately, those experienced players are segregated in leagues and you won't be seeing the majority of them in random groups. PUG life probably won't be too much better, sure.

As the game becomes less raid-centric, and more oriented toward smaller groups and more solo content, solo players will have more reason to use WM on their own. Maybe that can bleed into raid attempts down the line. Maybe.
  17. Ice Lantern New Player

If you don't even have enough SP to get one WM, you're even a real person to me. There is no excuse for having less than 60SP. I know this game has degenerated into a casual MMO but 65SP is ridiculously easy to obtain.
  18. Black Prime New Player

You would have to be the only controller not happy about this. Controlling has been broken, a bit, since T5 came out. Unless you just like being a battery. That fine if thats how you want to play. I miss the days where i as a troll could put out some good damage. T5 killed trollers being able to have fun. I hope groups dont make people solo troll, cant see that being any fun. My main is a healer and the damage i can do now is the kind of damage i used to do as a troll. Why do you think it is so hard to find a good troll. Most dps stink and waste so much power. I only like to troll for my league because watching a weak 103cr dps use over 300k power in a raid and still have poo damage bothers me alot. Can wait for my troll to give great power and be able to damage troll again.
  19. Black Prime New Player

I feel nothing for someone with 65sp or less. My alt had almost 50sp when he hit 30 and that was from pvp. There are alot of easy feats out there. I understand the grindy ones are boring, but not to at least have 100sp is just sad. All thise 103cr dps have the gear to grind most things yourself. You can fault us more experianced and high sp players for not wanting to run with those that were carried in the first place. You have like 6months til the next raid or raids come out. Take this time to grind out your sp. Do it like twice a week for the next few months and it wont be so bad. I am at 176sp and still have pleanty of grindy stuff to do so i do understand. This is something alot of us higher sp players have been asking for sometime now. There was nothing to separate us. Most are against having sp show up when someone inspecs you. I am so for this. To me if you have not put in the time to be the starongest toon you can like i and alot of others do, why should we have to carry you? I am sure if we push for it they wouod make some more easy mode raids. I am really crossin fingers that we maybe start to see some hard mode stuff. So get to work and get ya sp. No excuses.
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I don't think weapons mastery is going to kill the troller role in all honesty most people in this game can't even put in the right color mods in there gear what makes you think they'll be able to pull off a combo system like this with the broken combat mechanics this game has .