WM Has Officially Kill The Controller Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rox, Apr 18, 2014.

1. MetalMario Loyal Player

There are tons of terrible healers and tanks that don't know how to manage their power bars. Why would WM change this?
  2. La Shark Dedicated Player

Looks like the Animation pass 1-1.2sec per animation for rage is working....
    Or not....
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

My question is: why allow the "community" to dictate how and with who you play? If you want two controllers, start a group and make sure you take two controllers, while you're at it, bring two healers and a tank or two if you want. Don't let other people tell you how to play. If someone has an issue with how you are forming group, you can explain your reasoning or kick them, it's up to you.

I can tell you that I'm going to be using two controllers and two healers in my groups.
    • Like x 10
  4. Darth Loyal Player

The guy was getting a 600-900 hit of power roughly every 3 seconds. That's pretty beast power regen and a single Controller can't give that amount of power to 7 people. People need to stop making this idiotic threads. This has nothing to do with WM in raids. From the looks of it, 2 Controllers will still be the better idea in raids, particularly when T6 ones come out.
    • Like x 3
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

T6 raids will bring balance to the world.
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

90% of the healers and tanks won't play with 2, and trying to form a pug group that way will mke forming a group harder and longer than doing the raid
  7. Davis New Player

Just another reason this update is going to kill the game. ESO cant come soon enough.
  8. KrimsonScourge New Player

You mean the Elder Scrolls game that came out over two weeks ago or is there a different ESO?
    • Like x 3
  9. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

I'll be gotdammed if you think im about to the job of 2 trolls.

p.s.

In this video this guy is:

1. Using one of the slowest long ranged WM combos, that not many people will use

2. Using 4/5 low costing powers, 2 of which are melee range only, hence why he is so close to to the dummy spamming a range attack and why hes giving the illusion of using much less power

3. Doing less damage that lesser geared, lesser SP Rage dps currently on the live server. To put it bluntly, before I switched off of Rage, that dummy would basically die at least 3 times to his one in this video. Saying not to use Outrage or Dreadful Blast shouldve been a warning flag right there.
    • Like x 1
  10. Davis New Player

I meant for the ps4.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

He means ESO on PS with better controller support.
  12. KrimsonScourge New Player

Didn't realize the releases were staggered, haven't been following it very closely.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Pretty soon controllers will get in that mindset that they dont need another controller and want to solo troll.
  14. CCBatson Dedicated Player

You gotta calm down and clear your head of preconceptions.
    1. First off, the base sparring dummy is more efficient than the HQ dummies. You get power back every few seconds and it resets health and "combat" faster as well. The example shown is just being misleading by using a base dummy to illustrate its point.
    2. Secondly, WM power discounts only apply for Support Roles. DPS do not get the benefit of power discounts.
    3. Thirdly, nothing other than the overall strategy of design is set in stone yet, the fine details and mechanics are all still being tweaked nearly every few days of feedback. The Devs are reading and processing the feedback. So take a deep breath, the sky is not falling.
    It's okay to be passionate and invested in the game, but don't fear change, embrace it and know that the game evolution is a long-term thing, intended to give longer life to the game. If there's something you really want to see adjusted, go try out the Test Server and provide some feedback on what you find. Trust me, it's not nearly like how some QQ-ers are saying. :)
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I think that estimate is a little high. Granted I don't pug very often, but when I do I insist on a second healer (healers need work too) and I think I've only ran into the other wanting to solo only once. In that instance they left the group, but it wasn't a big loss. I don't need that kind of attitude in a group.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ogat New Player

There's no need to use power at all with WM- just spam the combos 5 dd's doing that will outperform any other setup in terms of speed of burn, and they will require little to no power at all. The person in the vid is utilising some powers and taking adavantage of the system, this is not even needed the raw precision damage of the combo and the wm part is so high it's more then enough.
  17. Feenicks New Player

All of this from a video? Really??
    • Like x 3
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

His statistic is highly accurate. Either the role complain or the dps will complain when there is two. Most likely it is the dps.
    • Like x 1
  19. OperationDark New Player

Come on man you know how it is, its like Tom Bot says "Its all true, i heard it from a random guy on the forum"
    • Like x 2
  20. Ogat New Player

No, it's from testing it myself.
  21. Larfleeze New Player

Oh boy, another guy begging for youtube hits, while spreading misinformation on something that is still being changed almost on a daily basis! What a shocker!
    • Like x 2