Dev Discussion Witching Hour 2023 Rewards

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Ranmaru, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy everyone this is the official Witching Hour 2023 rewards feedback page!

We are excited to bring you a slew of spooky new rewards this year, including a cuddly new ally, a terrifying new emote, and a disturbing Bat-villain mask. Bonus points if you can name the comic book featuring Hecate that inspired that unsettling new chest style.

We have some unnerving new base items for you to haunt your house with. I hope all that ichor doesn't stain the floor; it's a good thing your new furniture seems to be safely out of reach. You will also find some older Thanksgiving base items on the Witching Hour vendor, and a set of fancy, refurbished furniture sold by Cheetah in the House of Legends. Additionally, the Witch Hat style item is now fully tradable.

There are also some new feats for collecting the new rewards:
    • Thriller Night
    • Body Horror
    • Haunted House 8: Topsy Terror
    We look forward to all of your valuable feedback
    • Like x 1
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Why does the Teekl ally don't deal double damage to bosses? She is a single target ally, and other ST allies like Krypto and House of Legends Bot have that perk, so why not Teekl? Without it, her damage pales in comparison with other allies built for the same purpose.
    • Like x 2
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All items of this year seem overpriced.
    • Like x 3
  4. beardrive Committed Player

All of that new furniture is aces! Both the stuff on the Halloween vendor and the stuff on cheetah. I'm really impressed that old furniture has finally started being put up there because that's the first furniture that I've seen that's been purchased in groups and put up on the broker. That means it has value! I can't wait for the rest.

As far as the pricing, someone is under the impression that people are still feat chasing in a game where the only requirements are artifacts for play now, or that there is some form of inflationary system that has been created either by COVID or something else that warrants the base items being nearly three times the price that they used to be, at 6 spooky bites. Last year the insult was ignored and this year it continues as business as usual with everything at that price, 15.

So, let's go:

At 15, 10 items are 150 spooky bites. I would probably need about 30 ichor rain in an average build. So that will be 450 spooky bites just for the rain, and nothing else. So unless you have some very well guided information that tells you that you are going to profit off of events at these prices I can tell you that I am on the base crafters forum on discord, and I asked people.

Their response was just buy nothing at all and broker dive, or just buy one or two iconic items until the next year when the item prices go down. A friend with 34 bases full of 700 items each has just stopped doing bases all together because it's ridiculous to attempt to gather that many items.

So that's it for Halloween.

Since this is about seasonal pricing I will also note here people have already made comments about the prices of some of last year's items not going down.

As far as I am concerned, I really love those fences from last year, and I'm really excited to buy them for 6 spooky bites each! Thank you for continuing your agreement for that pricing with that item.

As far as the work itself, everything looks really stellar. Quite beautiful. And I'd like to say as well for the DLC that you asked us what items we wanted and we told you we wanted bushes, nature items, and grass and you came through, and I think that's awesome!

I'd also like to say that I hope achika commends you as well, because she finally got her bent palm trees. :)

Oh, and the upside down furniture is insane. I will be making a room of that next year.
    • Like x 1
  5. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

HEY DEVS SINCE YALL APPARENTLY READ SOME CHATS THE ROBOTIC STYLE FROM THE CLASSIC GAME THAT USE TO DROP ON OOLONG ISLAND HAS BEEN BROKE SINCE OMNIBUS CLAMP. PLEASE FIX, BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS ADDRESSED, THIS MASSIVE OUTLIER BUG FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS NOW. THIS IS THE LINK TO ONE OF MANY POSTS ABOUT IT. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-oolong-island-no-longer-exists.327872/page-7
  6. Draemornam New Player

Hey, does anyone know if the Vampire Cape and/or Vampiric Visage are available during the Witching Hour 2023? This is my first Halloween on DCUO and I was really looking forward to getting them.
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Bug?: Retro Television base item "Account Bound"...
    • Like x 2
  8. Achikah All About That Base

Wanted to amplify this doubly. I was going to trade with a friend tonight for some Retro TV's as we were doing our final buys and come to find they're Account Bound. I'm hoping this was an oversight no one caught and can still be fixed if so.

Subsequently, I also noticed Sylkhee base pets from Homecoming were also Account Bound tonight. Wondering if that was also an oversight since all other base totems outside SM level clears are tradeable.
    • Like x 2
  9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Maybe remove the tricks and treats except the ones that gives buffs from the buckets so the other items reward are more consistent. 1 Spooky Bite each bucket and 1 item.
    Or if we can choose out of 3.
    And on its last week maybe double spooky bites.