Witch Hat should not be harder to get than OP Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I wish the rare drops would at least be account bound. It's heart-breaking when the Witch Hat or Boo-tility Belt drop for an alternate, or character you don't want the style/item on. :-(
    • Like x 2
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just add it to the Marketplace for 400MC (like the Event Auras)
    • Like x 1
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well in my experience it certainly is easier to get OP Items and in my opinion, that’s a problem. Style items shouldn’t be harder to get than some OP items

Sure, you not seeing many OP items is your perspective of normal but normal is an illusion, what’s normal for the Spider is chaos for the Fly, dear
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

This.

I’ve seen this happen before too. I’ve gotten every other rare drop from the seasonal multiple times, shoes, ghostly aura, boo-tiling belt all of those but the some just do not like dropping
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

as the joker says
    "you pays your money you take your chances"

its all random generators
    • Like x 1
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It’s not random at all. Someone just said they’re having the same problem with a different item, that’s proof it’s not random. We would have the same odds, this thread wouldn’t exist, no one would’ve complained about the boo-tiling belt if it was actually random and fair, but it’s not.

I always feel concern for people who find terrorists relatable.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

dayum i deleted it 2 times already since event started
  8. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I’ve only gotten it twice in 5 years. The Developers can crack open my account and find out for themselves that I am telling the truth, that is bull crap. A style item should not be that hard for some people to get. Boo-tility belt too, I am in your place when it comes to the Boo-belt, every toon everywhere just deleted some myself.

I wish I could give it to people who can’t get it, I wouldn’t even charge them for it. It’s bull crap people are struggling this much with a style item and it’s happened before with gear as well. When no one could get the Traces in Times legs back when Origin Crisis first came out, everyone said they didn’t put it in the loot table at all. I wish I had screenshots of one particular user talking about it, I love pulling out receipts :)
    • Like x 3
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And one particular weapon among a set shouldn't have been harder to obtain than a rare drop lightsaber crystal, but that's the exact situation I found myself in while playing SWG. There was an instance where you could get weapon drops from the boss and the chance at getting a lightsaber crystal. I decided I wanted to collect all the weapons from that instance and area for display in a character's house and hit that instance every day on multiple characters trying to collect all the weapons.

One weapon eluded me for a LONG time, to the point where I would get disappointed in seeing that lightsaber crystal in the loot window but not that one weapon I was searching for. It wasn't even a weapon I would use and was well below my character's level, but it still wouldn't drop. :confused:

So trust me, I know full well the frustration of a certain item not dropping no matter how many times you run the content. But that's the situation you HAVE to be ready to deal with when you go chasing a drop that's rare.
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it is though, many MMO's employ this exact marketing/business sub strategy to keep players, do you know what some of the drop rates are on WoW's halloween items and other seasonal only cosmetics? some people are still looking to get a drop of the headless-horseman's reins after..........get this.......11 years of gameplay. usually i'd say it's because of poor replay value and bad gameplay, however in World of Warcraft it's reversed with years of open world/raid gameplay fun and subpar styles (all boots/shoes look the same, all chests look the same, all hands look the same mostly, and only the shoulders/heads stand out with any varietal uniqueness).
  11. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

That item is rare for no reason. I've spammed the seasonal alot since it dropped Tuesday and I haven't seen any hats drop.
    At least make the item tradeable or put it in the vendor.
    • Like x 4
  12. Brit Loyal Player

This would be largely fixed if they would just allow style unlocking for seasonals. Seems like we've all got it on one or two toons; it's just painful to try to get it on our main.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

While I feel the pain (see my previous post in this thread), this is false.

Heads, Heads, Heads, Heads, Heads is just as random as any other combination of five flips of Heads vs Tails in a five-flip scenario. It's one out of 32, just as Heads, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails... even though that combination looks more random.

Same goes with the lottery numbers being 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 as 23, 19, 36, 12, 50, 9 in a 6/55 lottery. Both are 1 in 26,989,675.

Again, I'm with you. I've posted many times of how I despise RNG, and would rather pay a flat amount for something guaranteed. But RNG is part of the game, unfortunately. Because too many people will balk at a $5 price point, but be fine with a $0.50 - $0.90 spin for a 1/1,000 chance. If there was a cute witch outfit on the Marketplace for a reasonable price, I'd buy it. I bought the old Buckaroo outfit for the spurs and cowboy hat! I picked up the Rainbow Aura and Movement when they were released this past St. Patrick's Day event too! ^_^
    • Like x 2
  14. Minie Well-Known Player

You're not alone.:(
    I'm waiting another 8+ months for yet another chance to get the Beach Shades WITHOUT Zinc from the summer event...
    Until then, my character will look like she snorted too much c**e before going to a fashion runway. :rolleyes:
    [IMG]

Edit: But seriously some of these seasonal styles be rare for no reason, and on top of that the items they choose to be rare seem random (like it should've been in the vendor or MP but at the last minute they was like "Naah"). Ehh well atleast I'm really enjoying the Halloween seasonal right now, I hope you get the witch hat.
    • Like x 2
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im sorry amanda but i'm not sure you understand how odds and probability in mathematics works. people having bad luck and not getting something in no way disproves that its random. your simply stating opinion I'm sorry you haven't gotten what your hoping for I hope you have better luck in the following weeks and get your item along with the other person you mentioned :)
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Oh please, it’s taken me 5 years to get two I’ve literally ran the Seasonal an easy 1,000 times and have only gotten it twice lmfao

The odds are never in my favor.

They treat this stupid *** Witch hat like it’s the most precious item in game.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if you retitled this thread "which hat should not be harder to get than the op items" the answer would still be the witch hat.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

ah...maybe thats why shes still messing with you.

!@$ing witch.

;)
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It doesn't seem that rare - my wife just got her second one. She only got the first one yesterday, on the same character (which was also the first time she ran the seasonal with that character). :confused:o_O:rolleyes:
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Update: wife now has four of these things, all with the same character, and all dropped in the last eleven days or so. I don't have one of the darned things. :(