WIP: An Update on DCUO's New UI

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Pez Fedora, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Question: The "preview" placeholder you had in that Bizarro run through for the PS4. Will it look like that in any way? I'm not a big fan of that design at all. It felt clunky, especially with how the bars were placed for characters.

I would like a share item in chat option. This would help in trades or showing stats of items so a player doesn't have to jump through hoops to view it.
    • Like x 7
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Here's hoping the new UI has a feature to lock inventory items from accidental salvage or deletion. I've only done it once, but that was once too many.
    • Like x 8
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yes, I agree. We need a lock so as to not accidently salvage, delete or recover a mod (It's currently too easy to accidently destroy a mod in gear.) Having all your gear in the bank is NOT the total solution as sometimes a player wants to swap out trinkets or a piece of gear or weapons for alerts vs raids. I personally swith out the health trinket for the might/health trinket that r 93/94 drop pieces. I switch to health for lockdown & use the prec/might to do more damage as a tank in alerts such as breach. I will also use my orbital, but swap out trinkets manually. I've been quite close to salvaging these rare drop trinkets & rare drop gear & know others that have. I've had a button get stuck & because the salvage & delete options don't require a player to push a button other than X then X to confirm & there went my piece of tank gear with an alpha recovery on an expert mod. To easy to mistakenly push the same button again or if the controller gets dropped, etc. It should b X then O or another button for confirmation. That way it can't b a accidental button push.
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Why can't I give multiple thumbs up?

I agree 100%, I thought the previews we saw back then were HORRIBLE as well, just not visually interesting in the slightest.

I would love some of the other things mentioned, especially HP numbers in the health bar, and it auto-selecting a raid. So frustrating when you try to grab someone for the group and you have to form a raid and then miss out on them....

Any chance you can share what inspection will look like or show? Giving this information can help clear up a bunch of the threads on here lately about the census data use, and the app.

Also, I'm hopeful you can make the report function work in game.... I hear it's a pain to have to get off the game and submit a ticket.

Thanks for working with us on this Pez, I was curious when we would see a new WIP topic and this is a huge one!
    • Like x 2
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

So many good suggestions here but this:

is by far my "must have" changes. I really want to see the boss HP numbers. It'd help so much with timing and other things.

I'd also like to see the abolition of "Level" after you arrive at 30. Perhaps an effect that displays showing "Level: 30" Fading out and "Combat Rating: __" fading in. Maybe with a voice over by Calculator and Oracle telling you that "Now you've reached level 30, your primary focus is Combat Rating". I'm sure NerdOfPray will do a much better job at writing dialogue than me, though.

I think the UI Revamp could do a lot to patch the cracks that don't explain to the player what's going on once you reach Level 30. For players like myself who have been here for years, it's easy. But for some newcomers, when they realise there's no more levels to reach, they may think "well that wasn't long... oh well, I'll go play something else" and prematurely leave the game.
    • Like x 8
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Sounds Awesome!
    Just one request, Could we also maybe be able to see what power our team mates are? Like if your in a group the power symbol pops up near their name. Like is you get a tank in your group and he's Fire, the fire symbol will pop up near his name.
    Just a request, but I don't really care, the new UI sounds very good.
    • Like x 6
  7. oCYBORGx New Player

in are friends list there should be role symbols so we dont gotta ask them it would be helpful.....and instead of it saying level 30 next to are name could it maybe be changed to what cr we are.....
    • Like x 4
  8. Certainlogic New Player

Please increase the size of the mouse cursor. It is really hard to easily spot the mouse cursor with everything behind it.

It would really be helpful to be able to spot the mouse cursor instantly. Rather then staring at the screen for a few secs to find it.

Please add more functionality to the mail system. Like a friends list and league list. Not combined. That is really annoying. Also, being able to delete all unread emails would be great.

Please increase the number of trade slots. 4 is not enough.

Please improve the stats descriptions. What it does and how it applies to roles. Or under each power, you put in the description, which stat effects it. Like Might and dominance. So we know which does what and instead of guessing. With all the chances going around, we can easily get the info we need.
  9. 13013 New Player

Is the color palette going to be part of this make over? If so one thing I have always wanted is for a weapon color modification to be separated like the skin and eyes and such. Will that be a possibility at all?
  10. Revafall Well-Known Player

11. Kaiya Redd New Player

I'd like to see critical chance, damage, healing magnitude, etc in stats if possible. I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere. I know that'd eat more memory. also a friend shout channel would be cool. But as friend requests are one-sided and didn't require an acceptance idk about that one lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Deranya Dedicated Player

Can't wait. Sad that it will take a while longer till we get it but as long as it is better than now I can be patient :) Looking forward to the video
    • Like x 1
  13. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

I hope the new UI features a Universal Server Clock as well as a better indication for the time limits on stat buffs (such as the 1,800 second ones from soders) and other items such as radar enhancers. On top of this there should be a way to see the buffs/debuffs active on team members and an indication of "stacked" buffs.
    • Like x 4
  14. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Not sure if this would be considered under UI but is it possible to add a timer and under the timer it tells us how much damage we have done? This would be helpful in testing loadouts.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Would be great to have a rolling buff timer.
    • Like x 2
  16. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

You said that it will run better do to less memory usage. Was this with PS3 in mind?

Will we have to reset all of our setting and chats? I have quite a few I use.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll have this first video up shortly, and a new thread for discussion specific to what you see in the video. Please keep the general suggestions and ideas coming in this thread, though. We do appreciate it!
    • Like x 6
  18. Liongale Dedicated Player

This must be such a relief to get this done, if it's such a big project! I can't think of any suggestions right now, just encouragement for you all. My wants are already being addressed (menus taking up a lot of room so losing game awareness, and memory/load times of menus).
    • Like x 1
  19. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

I'll be fine with whatever as long as it doesn't disappear when using it :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Is it possible instead of showing level it starts showing CR? Your CR reflect where you are in the game much more than levels and gives a more accurate estimate of stat difference between players. Say in PvP a level 28 fights a level 30 buy those standards it should be a close fight but if that level 30 is CR 108 then that 28 doesn't have a chance. So instead of that 28 seeing a 30 they would see 108 and know that they wouldn't stand a chance and should stay clear. I understand it might be a bit difficult to do with both PvE and PvP CRs but I think it would be very useful and a great step forward for the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.