Up-Votes Needed Windows 10 Version Not Saving Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Jack T. Chance, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, I take a LOT of screenshots of my characters to post in the Costume Contest Thread. But something has glitched out this week. The last time my Windows 10 PC edition of the game was able to save screenshots was December 6th, 2020. Nothing since then has saved. The first screenshot has a noticeably long pause, then all the others act as normal, but they aren't saving. Any help here would be hot! o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Steps I've taken so far:

1) Validated Game Assets, everything is allegedly ship-shape.
    2) Backed up my screenshot folders on a different hard drive on my PC.
    3) Deleted an adblocking app I installed on my PC at around the same time this happened in case that was the issue.
    4) Ran CCleaner to get rid of any lingering data or registry issues from the uninstalled app.
    5) Deleted the folder for screenshots from the Character Select Screen, so the game would create a new one.
    6) Tried taking more screenshots.
    7) Still nothing saved.

Not sure why this glitch is happening now, probably something tied into the Winter Seasonal Event going live? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is anyone else that's playing on PC having issues with screenshots not saving after the newest Game Update? 'Cuz the last time a screenshot saved on my PC was December 6th, 2020.

If you're also having the same bug/glitch/whatever, please go HERE, please UPVOTE, and please share your experiences, including any troubleshooting steps you've tried. Thanks. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Lara Committed Player

Hey,

I have a weird glitch aswell cause since days im not anymore able to upload my dcuo screenshots on steam network i already contact the steam support but since 2days no answer....

greets
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Double check permissions with windows 10. I remember having an issue long ago when Win10 came out that prevented me from saving screenshots to my pc.

I did a screenshot yesterday and it worked fine.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

How do I doublecheck the permissions? It's worked fine for over 4 years, then all of a sudden this week, it stops working. Not sure where to go to check that. :confused:
  7. BumblingB I got better.

8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks for the advice, but the troubleshooter didn't fix it.

I also tried 2 other things. I changed the screenshot save file format from jpg to bmp to see if that made a difference. It did not.

On my Windows 10 gaming laptop, the Windows Game Bar launches automatically whenever the game is running. So I looked up how to take a screenshot with that. What a pain in the keister! I have to press, all at the same time, mind you, Right Alt + Windows ('cuz my Windows Key is only on the right side of the keyboard) + Print Screen. Let me tell you, that's very hard to do one-handed if you don't have Hulk-sized hands! o_O

But it DOES work! I can't take screenshots with the UI hidden like when I hit F9, but it does work. Now come on, Devs, figure out what's wrong and issue a patch! ;)
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think this was an issue from the devs but windows. And I'm sorry that it didn't work.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

So, am I the only one experiencing this? You know, I started a topic in the General Discussion Forum, where more people would see it, so we could get more people reporting in. I did NOT want it just merged into this thread, because then it SERVES NO PURPOSE! The purpose was to have it where MORE PEOPLE WOULD SEE IT, because it's clear a lot of players don't come to this forum! :(

But if I'm the only one experiencing this and willing to report that I am, then it will NEVER be fixed, at least not for months or years to come! :(
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

It's now officially a New Year, still bugged. It's ridiculously hard to do the Windows Game Bar Screenshot button combo while also using the mouse to make my character fire their weapon or whatever. What a total crock this bug is.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!* With the 10th Anniversary here, and plans in the works to make lots of improvements to the game, please upvote this so they can figure out why screenshotting isn't working!
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*UPDATE* I just downloaded and installed the Game Update for the 10th Anniversary Event, and whatever the issue was, this update fixed it! Screenshots via the F9 key are once again working as intended! This can now be marked RESOLVED. Thanks. :)