Will PVE gear be banned from Arenas?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Aerovenger, Nov 30, 2013.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Although I have eased off the PvP side of the game a little, I very much agree with the op.
    Getting my experience in the HoD while waiting for Q's, I notice I get challenged by dps quite often ( I'm a troll).
    I admit I'm no Goddess or anything but I get whooped pretty bad sometimes.
    I rely on high Dom and prec on Sola because I stick to 2v2 n 4v4.
    The fight either can go one of both ways from an opponent in question:
    1. I counter them leaving them defenseless and ensue with a hard light beat down.

2. I don't counter them before a Control effect happens to me and watch my 8k+ health melt away ( shield only stops this briefly)

Now knowing that evenly matched pvpers can have decent match durations, (so long as they are in appropriate gear for PVP.) I immediately am led to believe I was out-classed in terms of raw DPS.
    Pvp DPS have never been able to take me out almost instantly I'm certain.
    That armor (pve) is super strong man against a player even with toughness added.
    It wasn't like that before most of my fellow villians we able to get anything T4<

But don't get me wrong, it sometimes makes me happy to get spammed invites from a full traces guy after I have him zombied from my chompers :)
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Although I have eased off the PvP side of the game a little, I very much agree with the op.
    Getting my experience in the HoD while waiting for Q's, I notice I get challenged by dps quite often ( I'm a troll).
    I admit I'm no Goddess or anything but I get whooped pretty bad sometimes.
    I rely on high Dom and prec on Sola because I stick to 2v2 n 4v4.
    The fight either can go one of both ways from an opponent in question:
    1. I counter them leaving them defenseless and ensue with a hard light beat down.

2. I don't counter them before a Control effect happens to me and watch my 8k+ health melt away ( shield only stops this briefly)

Now knowing that evenly matched pvpers can have decent match durations, (so long as they are in appropriate gear for PVP.) I immediately am led to believe I was out-classed in terms of raw DPS.
    Pvp DPS have never been able to take me out almost instantly I'm certain.
    That armor (pve) is super strong man against a player even with toughness added.
    It wasn't like that before most of my fellow villians we able to get anything T4<

But don't get me wrong, it sometimes makes me happy to get spammed invites from a full traces guy after I win because I had him zombied from my chompers :) i
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Sry double post
  4. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Ha I've never ran a PvP match with pve gear. Yesterday I was farming in pve gear in PvP phase. Came up to the villain club in Gotham. The evil villains saw me and tried to jump. I won't go into too much detail regarding my gear or power set but let's just say I was wiping them out 2-4 at a time. They spawn back. I'd drink soda for power and repeat. Finally must have put on the call for help cause all the sudden there was like 20 villains outside. Man 20 downed bodies look great...pve gear is op.
    • Like x 1
  5. Will Power Loyal Player

There making PVP gear have zero stats in PVE stuff so why not the latter. PVP gear is ment for PVP and PVE gear is ment for PVE.
    • Like x 2
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

it's ok... IF you can answer the following question. How tall is Jens Andersen?
    (ps: there is an edit button; i miss the old forum that did not have a 5 minute timer restricting editing; ;) & chance to use inspiration from MontyPython) :p
  7. Electron New Player

Here’s a suggestion

Right now the base PvP gear is level 77. Perhaps the numbers might change in the future, but for now lets go with this.

Leave everything the same, have it so 77 gear is bought with cash and available from the start, but in addition add level 75 gear. Make this gear free. With armories coming out I know this idea should be feasible.

Scenario- Fresh 30 or cr 100 30 queues for Arenas for the first time.
    Remove all of their equipped gear and place it into their inventory(or overflow)
    Equip them with brand new item level 75 dps(or maybe whatever role they are currently) PvP gear.
    Inform them of what just happened.
    Done.

Obviously make this gear unsellable/unsalvagable with a very genericl style (paramilitary or something) Have it happen just the first time, or every time. Either way, always strip players of any pve gear.

I understand that a new player will get PvE gear naturally from leveling up, and that is why there is no problem banning PvP gear from PvE, since everyone will always have PvE gear, and the same cannot be said for PvP. The solution is to just give players minimal PvP gear and encourage them to learn where to get better.
    If they want they can then go to the hall of heroes and upgrade their gear, or just be stuck with 75. If players can learn to buy PvE gear, they can do the same in PvP. Perhaps even make it so if your PvP cr isn’t up to 77, you will get 77 pieces from doing arenas, as well as marks to basically give players the hint that those marks exist for a reason.

I believe there are solutions to make PvP fair. At least in terms of arenas. PvP phase is a different animal and I think its fine the way it is.
    • Like x 2
  8. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Sorry but some one using replay badges still had to run the content to gain the marks. that take work they just got there faster than i did the way i see it
  9. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

Hey, while we're on the subject, any way you can make PvP rings moddable? Would love that.
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

They could have a quest, for a reward box, that gives you a full set of PVP gear.

Upon reaching 30, you simply complete the quest, read the comments/listen to the voice over, it gives a little explanation of what's going on. Boom, done.

Good idea here.
    • Like x 1
  11. XxReCkLleSsxX Well-Known Player

i have full punchline and i still prefer to pvp with my traces gear ... i would use punchline if it was modded but with new set coming out i'm not going to mod my punchline ...
  12. Poetic Play Committed Player

Yeah... To anyone logical. XD
  13. Teleri13 New Player

Personally, I think its jarring to go into PVP from PVE in the first place. When you start, assuming matchmaking doesn't put you against people with the same or very similar gear, someone is going to experience a jarring fight. Having legitimate high tier PVP gear and still being cut through easily is far more jarring for me than that.

Also, why should your progress in the main part of the game affect anything but your ability in the main part of the game? PVP progress shouldn't affect your progress in PVE and that seems to be something that the developers agree on. PVE progress doesnt affect your skill in legends, even PVP progress doesnt affect your skill in legends. Why should the PVE to PVP be the only place where this jarring effect is taken into account?
  14. Zim New Player

This entire thread is a joke. If you don't know how to communicate and single out the players wearing PvE gear then don't pvp. Seriously inspect right before the match starts, call out who is in pve, and go after them. Just because you are to ignorant to figure this out you want to have it dumbed down for the rest of us.

What's even worse is the op sending tells to the players in question to go out and get pvp gear. Truly one of the most pathetic threads but not the most pathetic.

Unfortunately I would like to call this one of the dumbest threads I have seen here on the forums in a while but lately that's all you seem to find. What's even more unfortunate is that the devs cater to this kind of behavior.