Why the Next DLC is the most Important DLC of All Time…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Sep 15, 2021.

1. ixiYSOixi New Player

Imagine trying to look mature while literally doing what you’re using as an insult. Every reply you make reminds me of Patrick Star from Spongebob. I don’t need to control what you’re forced to accept because like it or not you have to accept the new way the game is or leave. You crying about it doesn’t change your options.
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Word salad.

You're still upset we got marks back in endgame -- an indicator that things don't have to be accepted as they are. Mepps even replied to someone yesterday telling them to stop telling others to voice their opinions.

Sit down.
    • Like x 4
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What people want is the impossible. Why do I say the impossible? Because they want that feeling we all had when DCUO was brand spanking new. That feeling after the game recovered from bad updates and the hack and they went "free to play" and the game settled into a certain groove. People want that feeling from 2011 to 2014 or so. They want early game PvP. They want brand new powers NOW, and on a regular basis. They want new features and new environments every single Episode...without any delays. They want a brand new game, on a brand new engine.

I'm not saying wanting those things are "bad" or anything like that. It's just a little much that people are setting Pluto high expectations on the next episode...they are guaranteeing it to be a disappointment. I suspect that people are just giving themselves an advanced justification to drop their subs and stop playing when the next episode drops. They want to do it now, but something is keeping them from pulling the trigger right now. So instead they're setting up planetary high expectations that we all know won't be met so that they can "feel" justified in just walking away. Funny thing is, only a few people will walk away...as usual...and they'll be right here with the usual moaning and groaning.
    • Like x 4
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

DCUO has been changing the game play every year in its 10 year run. And at EVERY change there has been people grumbling about those changes. Some accepted it and continued on, others didn't an moved on, and then there were the "ghosts" that stopped playing (or paying) but stuck around the forums until some changes occurred to bring them back in. This game has not been the way it used to be LONG before Episode 41. Why is this change so dramatically different???

The only thing they really took away by adding the clamp is Easy Mode feats (feats gained by overgearing as opposed to cooperative skills). In exchange they have removed CR relevancy and put in full rewards in all of its ten years of content, and included new chase items. They've given reasons to go back to the older content beyond direct feats. I get it...this change is a shock to the system, and it's quite a big one. Thing is, it's not meant to be punitive. They're not maliciously trying to take things away from people. However, they can't just give us everything they have while simultaneously allowing us to trivialize the content. And at the same time, they needed to do something about the player experience where people would just blaze into content and shut other players out of their own experiences. All of these things are tied together. Yeah, these things should have been done much sooner, but what can you do?

This is a big change...and it's gonna take a while to adjust to it. This is the period for it.
    • Like x 3
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I have read way too many threads on these forums where people constantly compare this game to others and want features that other games have in this one. So seeing this comment is kind of hilarious.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ehhh....maybe fix a few outstanding things before putting on an ad campaign.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He tried swinging it back to the main topic. But here we are.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Can episode 42 (or this game) succeed under the weight of this high level of expectation???
  9. Tiffany6223 Committed Player

It seems you answered your own question. I do find it punitive and malicious in punishing those of us who have succeeded at reaching the heights of end game. I can’t speak for anyone else but 10 CR above the content is insulting to me. As others have said, I will stick to end game content when I do play and everyone else can be happy with the content they enjoy.

I find the demonizing and name calling on here to be necessary just because an opinion differs from someone else’s.

This is a big change...and it's gonna take a while to adjust to it. This is the period for it”, which is why the purpose of this thread is discuss the importance of Ep. 42 to one and all.
    • Like x 4
  10. Tiffany6223 Committed Player

I think it will because of brand loyal bread-and-butter customers if no one else.
    • Like x 2
  11. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Well you could think that but the 800 people on our discord all agreed but if you like rock. Im sure the new owners of the game will keep spending money just like they have so far no matter how many people log in each day ..hahaha
    • Like x 1
  12. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Gosh, I leave the thread for a few hours and it gets hijacked by the clamp.

On Topic, my stance hasn’t changed. I just hope this new direction pleases the majority.
    • Like x 2
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

Don't set your expectation too high or you will be in for a big disappointment. It's the same dev team so it will most likely be the same usual content we always get.
  14. Tiffany6223 Committed Player

I believe the dev team are doing the best they can with what they have to work with given the directives from the powers that be. Ep. 42 will be the first truly new dlc from under the new owners. We don’t know what their timetables are or their budget. I truly believe that they want to make EP. 42 something awesome, and I hope they will succeed in doing so.
    • Like x 2
  15. zNot Dedicated Player

Did the new owners have no impact in the last few episodes? Are you sure the next DLC and beyond has the benefit/impact from the new owners?
  16. Tiffany6223 Committed Player

From what I have read, Flashpoint was developed prior to the close on the deal. Ep. 41 technically is the first dlc under EG7 banner but Ep 42 will be the first traditional dlc created under the ownership of EG7. EG7 is a gaming company conglomerate as opposed to an investment firm. This is why I have high hopes for Ep. 42. I truly believe it will be something awesome to make up for Ep. 41.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Dedicated Player

Interesting so you think the new owners are the main reason for this episode 41?
  18. Tiffany6223 Committed Player

Yes I do.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Dedicated Player

Never thought about that,its great they like higher difficulty i suppose?
    i hope they will continue going this direction regarding higher difficulty for the new Elite raids in episode 42 aswell.
  20. Tiffany6223 Committed Player

I believe they will. EG7 is a professional corporation and I am certain they are lending some of their talent and other resources to Daybreak, and specifically the DCUO team. The want a return on their investment and it is up to them to work hard to insure that happens, which I believe they are doing at this moment with the development of Ep. 42. Ep. 41 laid the infrastructure and Ep. 42 will build on that foundation. Just look what they did with the new HoL. It is beautiful. The new Manor Lair, beautiful and impressive. Just imagine what Ep. 42 is going to be like. =^_^=
    • Like x 1