Why is only Electric competitive?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ARI ATARI, Mar 8, 2014.

1. ARI ATARI New Player

A lot of discussion on sorcery specifically, but in all fairness its about electric.
    Its the only power that can be competitive.
    sorcery is a far second based on the amount of damage the teams can currently apply.
    it will last twice as long as celestial and nature and thats still not viable in pvp.
    ONLY and I mean ONLY electric is viable.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

I think this has to do not only with the PI of electric, but also because all of the recent changes from movement debuffs, increased power costs with higher CR gear, reduced vit, etc has all been about reducing healing and creating a definitive winner/loser in PVP. Issue is that due to this PI electric doesn't suffer the same as the other healing sets from these additions.

I really just wish they would stop with the DPS push already and focus more on roles. Create additional PIs from role interactions that can add damage and encourage players to play something that doesn't have a flame next to their name.
    • Like x 1
  3. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Electroburst is the ONLY thing that makes Electric healing OP, without that in pvp it would be pretty balanced. You know something is wrong when it comes down to ONE ability that makes an entire powerset OP. They should make Electrogenesis a 4-man HoT and give Electroburst a much longer cooldown. Like Atari pointed out, you can't even compete with electric healing in competitive group pvp as any other healing power, no matter how good you are. If the electric healer knows what they are doing Sorc, Nature, Celestial just can't keep up. Sorcery needs more burst for pvp, as does Nature, and Celestial shouldn't be so interruptible in healer stance. I shouldn't be able to keep my group up to full health with literally ONE power on my loadout and a consumable.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ive been electric for 2 years, I have never seen electroburst heal that much, ever. If it brings anyone from 10% to full in one heal then they all must have less 3000 health. Its a great heal yes but ive never seen it do that much healing in ONE heal. Must be thinking of bio capacitor or something else .
  5. Starry Hope New Player

YES!
    AND here comes the "PC > PS" Brigade.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Perhaps just increase the powercost of electroburst instead of nerfing it. Everytime I match in they are spamming the consumable and electroburst.
    • Like x 1
  7. Yallander Loyal Player

I never said that, just that the PC has been using electric healing like this for awhile now...
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

no its electro burst, it burst heals the entire 4's team. Everything is electrified thanks to consumables and the power interaction allows electric to heal through burst damage.
    with sorcery which is second best as soon as health bars start dropping its just a matter of mitigating damage, you will never get the team healthy again, they are going to die, you can only slow it down.

Again, as an elite sorcery healer I can not compete against a mediocre electric. I will out heal them but not keep the team alive.
  9. KeyuBaN New Player

10. ??? Well-Known Player

Transmute + Ritualistic bro is better than electroburst
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

I feel the same way in PVE as I don't want to switch from being Electric just to be competitive in T5 raids.
    • Like x 1
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

700 power vs 200 power... hmmm o_O
  13. ??? Well-Known Player

LOL electroburst is not 200 power.
  14. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just for argument sake, even if it weren't 200, as long as it was less than 700, it's better. Not to mention it's one power slot. Still, it is 200.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. ??? Well-Known Player

Are you aware that is a wiki page right?
    Are you aware the power have now an increase right?

No need to thank me for teaching you.
  16. 478874 Dedicated Player

Deer lourde, if you think that then there is no hope with you. All the powers scale the same, it's effectively 200.
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

The power cost increase with T5 PVP gear is 70%, so with 200 as a base value that puts it at max PVP gear only costing 340 power.
  18. ??? Well-Known Player

You guys are more focused on winning an argument than providing actual healing numbers. You have no hope :rolleyes:
  19. 478874 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  20. xoCiaraxo New Player

PS4 is better and Electricity is so under powered in PvE it can hardly solo heal anything. Anyways you guys are being mad at each other for no reason because at the end of the day this game is gonna die out because of the developers adding unnecessary stuff to this game so yeah. But Sorcery is ''Ok''' in 2v2 or 1v1 but in 4v4 the whole group gonna die lol