Why did you do this devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok fair enough.
    Now that we are getting somewhere, let me ask this…..
    1) yes, im getting OP neck (almost done) then elite gear (little over 1/2 needed renown) then will work on mods.
    2) the point im making is that the system still is bad. Every episode its bad, its bad in dif ways because they continue to try it differently.

That said, to #2, im not sayin its better or worse objectively but binding anything to a character not an acct eliminates any value to the player and is a restrictive system so subjectively i think this is the worst system i have seen.
    I dont have inventory issues so flashpoint wasnt bad to me. At this point i had all mods done because i bought plans with alt an sent to main, crafter the drops from both an finished mods easily. It wasnt a good system because of inventory requirements but i will give up 1/2 my inventory space if it means my alt can serve its purpose.
    Binding the plans to the character not the acct basically obsoleted my entire alt character. Why would i play em? I cant use them to mains benefit.
    Plans aside, this system is better IMO. Like you pointed out, simple crafting recipe, no rng etc.
    All they have to do is bind plans to acct not character an there wouldnt be much issue.

Every episode its a brand new mod system, every episode theres good things an bad to it.
    I fail to see why they are so arrogant or incompetant as to not be able to keep the good an scrap the bad. I mean, its not that difficult. Its really not smh
    • Like x 1
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Transferring the feat and then actually crafting the mods seems ultra-pointless, since the mods are obsolete on day one of the next DLC. The point of making the mods is the feats attached, not the other way around.

In reading this thread though, I have realized what I'd like out of a generator mod system -- if we have to craft (in whatever manner) the n.4 version of the mods, I'd like them to be about equal to the next DLC's n.3 mods. Essentially an n+1.28 mod. That way the feats wouldn't be the only point in crafting, the item itself would hold some value, as well.

As cited by many as a plus to this system is the simplicity -- but why not just put them on the vendor at that point? If it's so simple that it's "one-stop" then why bother with varied ingredients/reagents at all? Perhaps my viewpoint there is skewed, as I've had my "craft 10k" feat for a long time.
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haven’t started these yet. Figured I’ll work on them with my lowest toon since she doesn’t buy anything except the OP catalysts and I’m done with my neck on main. To be clear: my other low toon can’t buy plans and mail them to her? One toon has to do everything solo? Obviously I can send any dropped mods to that 1 toon. I’m fine with not being able to send completed mods back to main tho that is dumb. I’ll just buy the feats on the other toons and not bother getting the .4s on any other toon.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The plans are not tradable. Once you get the feat for crafting 12 mods you can replay that feat on your other characters, it will give them a discount on those plans.
    • Like x 2
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yup, thats the entire crux of my gripe lol
    Plans tradeable, most issue with this “new” system goes away
    • Like x 1
  6. Requake Dedicated Player

That's your POV, the game developers might have a different POV (aka boost replay sales)

I'm not defending it, but it's something I wouldn't be surprised of.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

Agreed, I still have to grind out 3 more of the Flashpoint mods for the feat. This was after buying v2/v3 plans for 6 alts and shuffling their account bound mods to my main and I still haven't finished it. Sure since ep42 I'm only running the outside Flashpoint stuff on a few alts but still it should be done by now.
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

We should be able to benefit from these generator mods earlier than the next episode.
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The way it's going to play out is I'm only going to craft the new mods on my main character. Every one else is going to slot .2's and .3's as I get them and I'm going to delete the rest. These are the kinds of feats I'm okay with unlocking with replays.

The system set up in Flashpoint was irritating but at least there was a rhythm to it that had all my characters in on the act.

Are there plans to make the mods stackable?
    • Like x 2
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Don’t delete them, salvage them for crafting components.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I have no worries I will have a surplus of them soon.
    • Like x 2
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed fully, as i said originally. They did the opposite of whats good for players. Last system the plans were acct bound. Not a single person i saw complained about that. Many many gave props to devs on that.
    The complaint was inv space due to havin to stack mods…..
    The devs addressed that with salvageable mods into a common mat (good job devs). But what do they also do…. Character bind the darn plans. Like wtf. Being able to use an alt to help ur main is miles better than the inventory cluster. Once again, 1 step forward and 3 backward.

This is the crux of it all. Why do the devs find it absolutely necessary to completely break what is good and works just to attempt to fix what is not working? It makes no sense…… do they think we are so stupid as to appreciate the inventory fix (give us $1) at the same time they screw up plans (while they are reaching into our pocket w/the other hand and taking $3)??? Seriously, WTF lol
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

The far better question is
    “will the devs realize how bad they screwed up what would otherwise have finally been a real fix and a decent (not perfect but decent) solution to the carousel of generator mod system issues and acct bind the plans instead”.

Its really all they have to do, so simple. Makes so much logical sense. Acct bind the plans and most of the complaints go away smh
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

This game gets more and more alt unfriendly with every DLC thats why i retired all my alts and just run my main. I have 8 armories so i can have lots of different looks and i am just done with alts. Too many materials are too hard to get and you can't unlock them for alts ,artifacts take forever to level up so again not alt friendly, there are lots of styles that cost way too much replays to unlock for alts ,some are as much as 700 replays to unlock on 1 alt and running endgame stuff over and over is tedious enough without having to burn yourself out even more by running alts as well. As far as gen mods go i'm just using what drops for me, i have 470sp so i don't need the headache. I'm on this game for fun so i don't do things that are not fun anymore such as legends pve and most of the stat clamped raids.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm going backtrack on my words some. After purchasing the plans to craft a 42.4 might mod and seeing that we don't need to have stacks upon stacks of 42.0/1/2/3 mods to make them I'm going to have to go with saying I hope moving forward this will be the new norm.

The recipe for crafting a 42.4 mod (i'm assuming its going to be the same for the other stat mods as well) is 40 core elements, 6 matter enhancers (30 source marks) and 10 ancient vellums (20 source marks). I have a surplus of source marks. Broke down all the mods I had in my inventory and suddenly I have 4 42.4 might mods. Not bad. I can see why people are upset everything is no longer account bound, the 85 marks of justice for each plan is a drag. This doesn't change my initial plan of just using 42.3 mods on my alts but at some point down the road when everyone has their gear and op items I'll make a few 42.4's on my top alt or two but by that poit we'll be onto 43.4's.

Not bad at all. This is a definite improvement from the Flashpoint system.