How would you feel if they..

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Trykz, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

..reworked the elite tac mods?
    I find them kind of underwhelming.
    Figured since they are working on elite difficulties might be a good time to bring it up?
    • Like x 5
  2. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Are you talking about the elite generator mods? I think A and B are fine, many of C and D seem gimmicky though (with some like Healing Conservation being actually consistently useful).
    • Like x 1
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yes the elite gen mods.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

they could fix aggressive protection any day now and I would be just fine...
    • Like x 3
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind a rework / overhaul of the system in general..

Currently they're so boring and with new DLC's releasing it feels bad to equip higher itemlevel gear, because you lose the affinity mods.
    It makes sense with the system in place, but it feels bad.

Some mods are also completely pointless, as a healer for example, the type D AoE HoT is non existant to my knowledge. The one that Henoshock mentioned is the only one actually doing something in my opinion.

Another thing that bothers me is again/another lack of attention for your second role.. Lets say you want to dps or heal, you would need prec/might/resto, base mods experience the same issue for people that want to prec or might dps every now and then, I could stretch this by saying that as a water healer the main source of my damage is prec unless I would use tsunami strikes for example.

And then I haven't even started on white mods in general :/
    • Like x 3
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Elite mods could definitely use some attention. I always felt like A&B mods were a little lacking, but C&D offered practically nothing beneficial for some. If people are going to do elite, they're should be a little bit more "elite-ness" to the mods.
    • Like x 1
  7. BYSIS Well-Known Player

They could prolly bump A & B mods up a couple of percent tho. That could help Cuz 1% & 2% is quite underwhelming at the moment..
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Might as well reverse and rework the entire generator system.
    • Like x 3
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Big brain energy.
    Sounds like a lot of work when you put it like that lol
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Honestly the best scenario I had thought up so far was just getting better procs on the system in place.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just a couple ideas I had:
    Idea number 1: Substituting the basic stat mods for augments. Expanding Affinity Mod slots to be more inclusive for players that play dual roles.
    [IMG]
    Pros: No more crafting. Inventory friendly. Fortified with exobytes from salvaged gear. Very friendly to swap support augments if changing powers/role.
    Cons: Players with Might and Precision builds still have to choose one set of damage augment to slot in, however can rank up both sets and swap freely as needed.

Idea number 2: Renovating the generator with stat bonuses you can rent with Source Marks. (60 days)
    [IMG]
    Pros: Rent whatever stats/bonuses you want. Players with Might and Precision builds can choose to rent both Might and Precision bonuses. Stat bonuses are percentage based.
    Cons: May be pricy if playing dual roles, however with relevancy removed farming Source Marks should not be a major issue.
    • Like x 6
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

This is brilliant.
    +1
    • Like x 3
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

This is AMAZING I love it omg love love it.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Thank you!
    And I just realized I made a typo on the first image.
    • Like x 2
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Definitely think as it is, c & d are useless for might dps, would love more variety
    • Like x 4
  16. L T Devoted Player

The Elite Tactical mods are cool. However, they're supposed to be really small bonuses. The biggest problem I have with Elite tactical mods: in order to get them you need to already have elite gear, which.. um.. once I have a whole set of Elite gear the tactical mods don't really get much use.
    • Like x 2
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

I think when they came out they were doing survival mode at the end of every dlc, which made sense how these could be useful, however that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore