whos gonna start only visiting their lair every 30 days now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dWI, Mar 12, 2013.

1. dWI New Player

now that the tactical mods and trinkets dont degrade with game update 24, i see no point to go there as often. the only thing ill use it for is lair battles. however, it could still be useful if you have one of those lairs that costs 1250 triumphs.
  2. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I personally hate the Watchtower and have since Day 1 of visiting it. The layout stinks and the lag there from all the gombahs dueling on the bridge is ridiculous. I worked my butt off making sure that I have access to every amenity I could possibly want just so I never have to go back to the Watchtower with the exception of buying armor sets. My lair is my base of operations, and I will never go back to the Watchtower unless absolutely forced.
    • Like x 6
  3. Durath Sa New Player

I love my lair... I typically spend way more time there than in the safehouses or Watchtower. I don't even do much of that dispenser stuff, I just love having my own place to chill. One of my least favorite things was if I was going through inventory or something and some idiot is standing in the corner doing bow combos for no reason in front of a tier armor vendor or by the phase shifter. Pew! Pew! Pew! Nah... I'll stay in my lair.
  4. YodaDog New Player

I hardly ever leave...
  5. dWI New Player

i forgot about amenities, but those are all available in the HQ. and i understand the watchtower is too, how do i say chat overloaded better, so a lair is for solitude. i guess another benefit of lairs is not needing to change change duel invites to off. so many people look for easy wins in the watchtower that turning it to ignore is the first thing i do on log in.
    • Like x 1
  6. MARK2099 New Player

I'm gonna go only if i want to try different builds based on mods, since GU24 gonna boost self heals, i may try a few days with my controller and tank self heals and shields, other than that i'm happy i don't ave to go there every 3 days and risk all mods perish in middle of arenas or raids.
  7. Madholm New Player

I keep my cave a few seconds away from the strykers quest givers so I won't stop using it. I also perfer to test out different specs or rotations there because I have a target dummy a few yards away from my respec machine. Watchtower can't offer that level of access.
    • Like x 2
  8. Abel Well-Known Player

That's pretty much the same for me as well.I warp to my base and repair and sell things on the market place and then run some missions and farm and warp back to lair to sell bits, salvage gear and repair. My lair is my base of operations.
    • Like x 2
  9. Brit Loyal Player

My lair exists only as a fancy quick-port to Gotham when running Black Dawn.
    • Like x 2
  10. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I actually use my bases a lot. I have all the amenities and can use it to direct port from city to city. I also don't get those hard freezes in my bases that we are prone to in The Watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

I have mail, broker, soda/sell/repair, R&D, etc etc. The only reason to go anywhere is for the open world missisions, or to help someone level up or work a mission. I get no crowds to move around and my voice chat will not give me every kid who thinks that the world needs to hear him.
    • Like x 1
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

I go to my lair daily for the privacy.
    • Like x 4
  13. MercPony Devoted Player

I'm always in my lair whenever I'm not doing something else. Love the privacy of it and I really hate the Watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  14. YodaDog New Player

hmmm... whatcha doin in there, dirty boy?...
    • Like x 5
  15. Sophittia Well-Known Player

The OP is clearly one of those people who didn't like DLC 6 and thinks because he doesn't use his lair, nobody must.

I use my lair all the time. It's a place away from the lag of WT and open world attacks where I can use LFG or chat to my league.
    • Like x 2
  16. Faust74 Loyal Player

If the Lair is Rockin', then don't come Knockin. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

LOL!

Anyway, I don't really use mine. It's a nice way to warp to cities though, and once I get those amenities I'll probably use it a little more.
  18. Carthage New Player

I use my Lairs (3) constantly.

They're scattered throughout Gotham/Metropolis based upon travel distance and proximity to amenities.

I use them for fast teleports, quick mail/broker/selling/repair and r&d.

I have one with a permanent R&D station close to one of my favorite Exobit farming areas. I have another one close to Tala's Warehouse for easy access to repair/resupply during Black Dawn. I have another one in Gotham not too far from Stryker's for easy runs for daily bounties and solo quests. I imagine if I started spending a lot of time on PVP phase again, I'd have them strategically placed for quick escapes too...

I probably spend almost as much time in/near my Lairs as in the Watchtower.

How you use your Lair is limited by your ability to find an application.
    • Like x 1
  19. twist New Player

I only have to go to the Watch(me freeze)Tower now to get gear. And the last time I went to get a piece of T4, you guessed it, I frooooze!
    So glad they made the Lairs with amenities.
    • Like x 3
  20. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I live in my lair. the WT/HoD has to many noobs in it, and is way to laggy for duels.
    • Like x 2
  21. MARK2099 New Player

I think he is the one who hate have to go every 3 days with multiple alts to get the same mods over and over just like me, i like to go to my lair to throw any item i get, but have to go every 3 days in multiple alts and getting the right mods for every set is indeed annoying.
    • Like x 1