Which Power "Should" Be The Strongest.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AverageJoe, Sep 23, 2015.

1. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

I want people to based this not in current or past game iterations of all the powers. If DCUO with the current power list and also adding the powers that will make the list (Water, Atomic, Serums?) Which power should be the most powerful. Like Hard Light is known as one of the more powerful powers in DC Universe, and Water itself in comics have had characters destroy whole planets with just one user flooding everything. So here is my list of powers that we have in my order of what I think they should be powerful, not basing off how the current game is but how I feel there should be.

**Remember this is my opinion and I'm basing it off of comics and anime just my feelings this is not what are the strongest in the game but what I feel what powers should be the strongest based of well what ever this is a fun list so post you own list it would be cool to see where people would places these power compared to mine.**

1. Water- Like I mentioned above Water can be the most destructive power of them all you not only can destroy entire planets but if the user have full mastery of this power you could be destructive in one on one.
    2. Fire- Fire must be powerful right I mean in a lot of anime alone most of the more powerful characters have been Fire user, and I'm surprised that in game they aren't as power as their brothers and sisters in Japan.
    3. Hard Light- This is said to be the most powerful pf all power in DC Universe, based off the will of the user. But in a lot of DC cartoon movies Green Lantern haven't show cased it yet, Even batman had to talk to him on how to use it. But based off the potential of this power is why I ranked it high.
    4. Electric- My utmost favorite power every the potential is there and like Fire its brothers and sisters in Japan have done this power justice, and its a shame in game that it hasn't gotten its much deserve love. This could be a power that rivals what Fire should be and what I think Water could be.
    5. Rage- Now Rage I consider it Hard Light as well but works differently than Green Lanterns as its is based off Rage which could be blinding or if not enough could be weakened. But when mastered you will have a hard time dealing with one just ask those who faced off against Atrocitus.
    6. Sorcery- This power could easily jumped to number 1 but this is my list so its number 6. This in the right user could have everything as the powers above it and below it making it the most versatile power, and it shows in game as well.
    7. Celestial- The heaven and hell power of DCUO, the lovable Raven showcase this power through DC Universe in her normal and demon form. Celestial the holy power is just as equal in terms of power as Sorcery which why I can see many considered them almost the same, I gave the edge to Sorcery because I feel its a bit more versatile, but just by a hair.
    8. Quantum-The power of time and space. I have it this low but really it could be higher. With that said I put it this low because it could be too over powering so this power is the only one that I thought of how the comics put limits on it and it fits right here. Controlling time and space is cool and an idea I give people of DC and DCUO for introducing much needed credit. I never would have thought of adding this kind of power the way it is, I probably would have gone that Prince of Persia way...lol
    9. Earth- A power hat I feel as strongly about as Electric but I also felt it was could be higher but only be cause i felt the other powers are higher than it. This power could be but not shown in too many comics or anime to be as powerful as Water in destruction alone. I mean shifting tectonic plated of a planet causing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, not only effecting the land but water and the sky....way is it number 9 again?
    10. Ice- The power that controls water in solid form. It is not as destrutive in my opinion as what water could be but looking at anime such as Akame ga Kill where the main villain is the most powerful in the series uses Ice in such a way would get me to consider it stronger in the future. In comics on DC side Killer Frost is a strong villain and she hasn't been used in my opinion to show out as you will her full power yet.
    11. Atomic- Nothing is known of this power in game but if its anything like Firestorm then there will an influx of FoTM and you can count me as one of them. There is many iterations of this power from fire to toxic like waste to atom manipulation. I'm keen to see how it will be used in game and interested in it comic wise.
    12. Mental- I can see it now a lot of Mental users in game are like have you lost your mind....and the answer yes, yes I have. Its low not because i feel its weak I just feel the other powers are more destructive ad have prettier colors lol. But on the real this power can be a godsend in anime look at Sasuke Uchiha and what he and his clan can do to you mentally with illusions alone. And comic wise a character that haven't been getting no love at all even though he is one of the more powerful characters in the Martian Manhunter.
    13. Nature- Poison Ivy another character that I feels needs more love....yeah yeah she has like 2-3 mission boohoo....she needs more, There is a trio called the Sirens in DC Harley Quinn. Catwoman, and you guess it Poison Ivy. Plus the ability to control plants is awesome and apparently in game to make life who knew?
    14. Munitions- I do not, let me repeat I do not consider this a power. Unless they are saying you are making weapons and munitions out of thin air then yes its a power. If that's the case then Rokka Braves of the Six Flowers Fremy Speeddra is your main source. She can make munistions for her rifle at will. Comic wise I don't know who does that. Rambo was he in a comic produced by DC? I still see this as a power no one asked for but was easy to make just to say we made a new power.
    15. Gadgets- It is low as well because I don't consider it a power its is more of the user, than the "power". The iconic Batman who gets too much love (Superman fan here hehehe) is what I feel the reason for this power in game but if me or you given the same weaponry compared to Batman would make this power look shameful, and I had military training as well. Its not the Gadgets that makes the Batman but the Batman the makes the gadgets....well he literally does in both both cases. Anime wise I would have to go towards the Street Fighter series in C.Viper.
    16. Serums- I'm thinking it would be closer towards Bane but with a few differences, but like Munitions and Gadgets I don't consider it an power but I consider it a bad message for those aspiring to be pro athletes, lol and that message is if you are not naturally gifted do drugs it will get you where you need to go....(So don't do drugs have a little robot bit you to give you powers like the rest of us). Anime wise I know of some characters but can't remember their names but there are there.
  2. FlowerFly New Player

• Like x 3
  3. X-zero Loyal Player

In DC and in most media either Time (Quantum) or Celestial will be the strongest. With time you can always kill someone before they can become a threat.

In Anime , yeah the power of love and friendship would be probably the strongest
    • Like x 2
  4. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Ah if I wasn't at work I would be a able to see that but I will assume its something good because we all know everyone is positive.:D
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Support roles. Any power
  6. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

[In Anime , yeah the power of love and friendship would be probably the strongest[/quote]

lol I like that. DCUO you need to make the power of friendship forget water and atomic friendship is where its at.
  7. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

you are saying the support role any power why? My list isn't about DPS or Support role and really has nothing to do with the powers as they are in game, hell if you list this same list but had Gadgets 1 its ok. I'm manily say as the powers are as I see there and where I think they should be powerful wise. Lol nothing I said is really based about the game, just going with my heart my above average heart.
  8. Sarcasm Committed Player

HL would demolish every other power .
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

All the powers.
  10. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Not on my list its #3 so it will do that to everyone but 2 other powers....but on your list I can see that. Why not post your list.
    • Like x 1
  11. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

lol what? What you mean all the powers? You mean in game in DCUO? Marvel? the whole entire media?
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I mean all powers should be strong in dcuo.
    Only thing that should make a difference is the player skills, skillpoints and mods. Not the powers itself.
    • Like x 1
  13. Antwoman Dedicated Player

lol I don't think some people are understanding what you are saying about this list. This is a power rankings and its not based off the ingame powers its based off how the power is perceived in media in comics and anime. Fire and Water in Japan and usual consider the strongest that is why it is ranked over HL because the OP took account of how strong it is here as well as well as their weaknesses. HL is 3rd because it is considered the strongest but haven't shown it is the strongest. And technically could be the strongest or weakest based off the will of the user. If Hal Jordan will drops he isn't as strong. Being said to be the strongest isn't the same as being the strongest overall I agree with 1,2,and 3.
  14. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Yeah the OP isn't basing off the powers you see in DCUO but in overall media on how the power should be looked at. I may feel Sorcery is stronger than Ice not because of the game powers that DCUO have but because of lore or anime or media and comics. So that is one reason some people might pick a power.
    • Like x 1
  15. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

What Antwoman said is correct not basing it off of the powers you see in game nor their roles. Throw all of that out the window. If you knew nothing about that, and you closed your eyes which power in your heart of hearts would you feel but the strongest. That is all my list is.
  16. Tannen Committed Player

This. I wont organize a full list, but the power to manipulate the space time continuum is pretty ridiculous. Oh, this water powered dude has begun flooding the planet? Lemme just go back 50 years and kill his grandfather to stop him from being born.
    If we go purely off of the power as it is represented in game, a milder ability to simply slow and freeze time, then sure, it falls lower on the list. But at its full potential, no other power can match it
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Conceptualized the right way, any of the powersets could be "the most powerful."
  18. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

Yeah i understand but also in most cases in comics and in Anime with time travel there is a limit to it. Like in a the Anime Charlotte one character can time travel but the results never the same, or every time he does he starts to go blind. Time travel isn't a sure thing its just means you know based off what happened before you know what will happen but changing that could result in something more dangerous for you. That's why I ranked it lower but I can see why others will rank it #1. There no wrong answer here.
  19. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I hated quantum when it became fotm because of the 1234 shape it aquired, but imo it should be the strongest power, i mean, mastery of time and space you could basically will someone out of existance, or freeze them in time, or age them or de-age them, or desintegrate them, or open a black hole in their faces, heck, you can even save batman's parents and prevent the ******* batman!! Unless it's timelocked...you know, gotta mind the timey wimey stuff!
    • Like x 1
  20. AverageJoe Dedicated Player

yes except Gadgets Munitions and Serums. I don't see them as powers and I see them more off the user. lol But you are not wrong sir.