Where will T8's open-world take place?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Entrust, May 12, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

In the preview of the next 3 episodes Teir 8 was announced, and we got a sneak-peak at the on-duty missions for the next 3 months. So what about T8's open-world, will it be Kandor or another location?

Each teir has its own open-world content. T7 - New Genesis (imo the poorest one released thus far). T6 - has 2! GUS & Metro Battlegrounds (imo the best thus far, as it was revisited throughout the teir). T5 - Gotham Wastelands (my end favorite, good concept, art, multiple missions, walk-in locations) T4 - Ace, Strykers, Arkham, & Steelworks (great challenge at the time, great supliment to the On-Duty content).

So now we are entering Teir 8. Is open-world content even being considered for this teir? Given that development begins months in advance, can we at least be informed as to whether it is being considered?

Thanks & keep up the good work!
    • Like x 3
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Many of us were hoping for Kandor, but that seems to be just a raid.

The monthly content schedule seems to have gotten rid of open world locations, as well as bounties and daily quests.
  3. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I miss the lack of alerts with this set up =(
    • Like x 2
  4. Entrust Committed Player

I had my hopes up for Kandor too, but i agree that it looks like a raid only (at this point).

I understand the DEV's not wanting to release too many details. So I'll simplify my question:

Will T8 have open-world content similar to previous teirs? Yes or No
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hopefully at some point. Daily open world solos that give 3 marks is what I hope for like New Genesis.
    • Like x 2
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wasnt open world content scratched due to monthly release setup?

Technically the OP's logic is flawed. Seeing how T5 had 2 open world content areas and T7 with its length being greater than T5 only having 1.

T8 has a high chance of having 0 with the way their release schedule is made. They would have to adjust monthly content for 1 cycle inorder to make that happen.
  7. Dibrie Committed Player

I would love to see a bigg bounty that need like 2 raids group or more to get down
  8. Entrust Committed Player

Where has a DEV stated that open world content is scrapped with the new monthly episode release schedule?

How is my logic flawed? Each teir has at least 1 open world content (from t4 - t7). I was mistaken about t5 & t6, in that metro-battleground is shared across those 2 teirs. So T5 has 1 + 1 shared & T6 has 1 + 1 shared.
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

The minimum cr for new genesis area is 111 and the alert from that episode is part of T6 so it could be considered as part of T6 too..
  10. Entrust Committed Player

Oa under seige is part of a T7 episode & takes place in metro battleground. So then is Metro Battleground open-world T5, T6, & T7?

Edit: which only furthers my point in that all teirs (and episode too) have ssome type of open-world content.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

It wasnt scrapped, but when they originally launched the monthly content dev stream this was brought up and the famous quote, " There are currently no plans for new bounties" came up and it sparked a open world discussion here on the forums. This of course was 9 months ago. So hopefully those plans have changed, but I doubt it.
  12. Entrust Committed Player

Thanks. I will try searching the archives for that live stream. Any chance you remember its title?

Btw, I understand your thought process. Current content release makes new open-world content difficult. But, imo not impossible. My suggestion: substitute it for the non-elite raid & duo month (raid/duo, alert/duo, open-world)
    • Like x 1
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

I just can't understand the thinking here.

You cannot run a game with nothing but Raid content and no other source of income but Replay Badges.

They are narrowing down the player base to such a small, specific type of player... Why?!
    • Like x 1
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I think our best chance will be ep. 28. The devs have already previewed the ice berg lounge solo, so the next solo/alert episode is 28. Instead of yet another closed instance solo, I hope the devs consider open world dailies instead. The ep. 25 solo looks interesting, but I really don't want another deep desires or science spire.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Kandor as open world would be amazing. You could move around the city, go to various rooms and do missions in those rooms. So much potential.

Sadly I doubt that'll happen :(
    • Like x 1
  16. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

While FE may be listed under T6, it's still a T7 alert. It awards T7 level prestige and has T7 level drops. I don't know why they decided to move it to the T6 alert list because it's rewards are still clearly T7 rewards.
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They COULD make an open world solo. Don't forget about Oa Under Siege!
    • Like x 1
  18. HarleyBiker142 Well-Known Player

Didn't t7 had the black lanterns in metropolis battle grounds.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

Where will the open world stuff take place? I'll tell you.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

That was T6. Unless you are count the T7 solo that put some extra black lanterns in that 1 area.