When did this much grind become acceptable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Malachee Committed Player

Careful what you wish for. You might get your wish. And then this game would get even more lonely than it already is. Just you and the Devs. :cool:
    • Like x 3
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

What I tried to say is there is always something to grind, there aren't a lot of people with full sp. What I suggest is the reduction of the grind. And if they want to keep their players entretained they should look for another way that's fun.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'll be honest...reading how people feel about this current situation and thinking about how long it could take to complete a full vendor set...it is discouraging. When you add how it feels like alts are gonna get left behind...yeah, the prospects don't look too good. But seeing the other side, thinking about how RNG is not the primary determining factor in my progression, and that there's finally a reason to run everything...it has me somewhere in the middle.

I think if people let go of the idea of completing everything by some arbitrary timeline they won't be nearly as stressed as they are. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying there shouldn't be some adjustments made...but I just don't see this as quite end of the DCUO world as some do.

Some very smart and dedicated players have crunched the numbers and have figured out formulas to get to max CR, without needing full set of vendor gear. That is how I plan to proceed for my alts, with my main being the only one i'll focus on getting the full set for the feat (as well as full style). As long as there's a path to cr189 (the point after 189 won't make or break me...especially since I don't really participate in Survival Mode). I'll worry more about Min-Maxxing after #statsmatter.

I do hope the Devs are carefully considering ALL feedback and make some adjustments accordingly. And hopefully by the time the next DLC drops with #statsmatter, they will have fine tuned our progression system.

Also, Mepps...PLEASE relay to the team to do something about the spawn rate for Gorgons/Frozen citizens. I mean it shouldn't have to be absolutely necessary to run with large groups just to get that done. I personally am not complaining about the general grind (yet), but with the atrocious spawn rate, I feel like i'm trapped in the game only able to run with two or three toons for hours....JUST because of that one mission. :rolleyes: Last but not least, GREAT job on Olympus...the art team did good on that....and thank Zod it's not in an enclosed space...that sunlight is glorious.
  4. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I don't know a lot of the acronyms because there are so many people use.
    • Like x 1
  5. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

I'm working on feats to get my skill points up since the harassment in random queues is so bad because I have low sp, I don't bother with anything above tier 6.