What's the best weapon style in your opinion and why?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TwistedFreak, May 27, 2013.

1. General_Gear New Player

Prime one handed, or Mongolian Cleaver
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

1H-Probably my favorite weapon. I like it's stunning combos. For style, I use the Manhunter Baton.

Duel Pistols-My favorite weapon when in control mode. Full auto makes for a pretty good CC burst and they're easy to use. Style: Flintlock. I'm a sucker for old school.

Two-Handed-A bit dodgy but very effective. Style: Baseball Bat
  3. razor Red New Player

The scythe 2 handed from prime.
  4. Lynx Committed Player

I love hand blasters, pew pew =D
  5. Brit Loyal Player

For dual-wield, I use the Cutlass option 2, with the mismatched Cutlass + Hunting Knife.
    For bow, it's Steampunk Bow every time.
    For handblasters, Cyborg's Handcannon.
    For one-handed, I like my "Turf" crowbar.
    For brawling and martial arts, it's always barehanded. I hate the stupid sock puppets.
    • Like x 1
  6. Funking Amazing New Player

Handblasters are currently very strong. since the update. they do ALOT of damage if use right & cliped right
  7. King Atom New Player

I have a few that i like,the Prime Duel Pistols,the Turf Bow and Retro Future One Handed.....very unique styles.

And oh yeah the Scarecow Clever so menacing looking lol
  8. Octantis New Player

Bow - The Fight of the Light style (forget the name)
    Brawling - Bare Hand
    Dual Pistols - Digital Pistols
    Dual Wield - Claymore
    Hand Blasters - Bare Hand
    Martial Arts - Hoop Katar
    One-Handed - Digital Sword
    Rifle - Varies (hate the weapon but love most of the styles)
    Staff - Twin Dragon or Orbed Staff
    Shield - Shined Brass
    Two-Handed - Glass Claymore and Titan's Blade

I like swords and things with blades. The more medieval the better.
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

For me its the Turf One-Handed style - the crowbar wraped in barbwire.
  10. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Yeah.. that's a fave. Followed by these.

DW: Lead pipes.. I mean cmon.. gangsta or what?
    2hand: Nothing.. i mean Nothing beats the laughs you get rocking around with a clownsanity trink and a shovel.
    • Like x 1
  11. FrostyMagma New Player

1 handed bone club because it matches my toon
  12. Exostorm Well-Known Player

For those who find the overall look of their character somewhat important, I'd say that weapon styles serve a pretty good purpose.
    • Like x 2
  13. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Martial Arts, bare handed style because the actual weapon styles are lame, in my opinion. I wear the new Dark Defender hand style and consider that my equipped weapon. ;)
  14. melvinpox Devoted Player

I like the candy cane rifle.
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

My favorite for Shadowdragon is the Elite Broadsword (Sequoia Lord) for 2-handed. I farmed this thing forever and ended up having to buy it at the broker. It's the most ornate 2-handed sword I've come across. I'm not a big fan of the axes and hammers that flood the 2-handed styles. It's a shame that the marketplace ones don't build on the sword styles.

I also like the Insectoid Sword for 1-handed. It's the size of a 2-hander.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Depends on the powers of the character and the outfit they're sporting for me.

For Hand Blasters, I usually go bare handed, but if the character is wearing a technological suit like the Dresden 7 style, the Palm Cannon style from CC works really well. Although I do like how the Retro Futuristic style from the Strykers solo instance looks with the Retro Tech outfit.

Dual Wield, I tend to stay with the Escrima Stick style. For my Gadgets bow user, it's the Tech-Enhanced Longbow. Brawling is almost always bare handed, and for my Ice characters, I like to use the Ice Shield or Staff when they go into melee.
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

1. Staff - for melee DPSing, especially in PvP. It's a personal preference, but it seems to work well with Nature DPS - quick animation for Savage Growth, some stuns, AoEs and easy multi-hit combos for power recharge. Reasonably fast ranged attack and U can upgrade the block-breaker to also counter ranged attacks. However the animation for "Focused Spin" is fairly noticeable , which can be a slight disadvantage in PvP.

2. Bow - for healing. Haven't really used this one a lot, since I'm not really a healer, but it's pretty straight-forward to use and melee attacks have similar feel to staff's - to me anyway. I prefer to stay ranged for healing though - one less health bar to worry about...

3.Pistols - for fun/Legends. U don't do that much damage, but U can be really annoying... lol

4.2-Handed, which is what I'm using at the moment for pretty much all DPS, since it's my strongest weapon. Not much finesse and a bit of a pain in the a** when fighting blocking enemies, but does the job. Also the look of a 2x4 with a couple of nails through it is exactly what I wanted for my character, who's a hobo...

5.Rifle - for ranged DPS. Grenades are good for clipping. Otherwise can't say I care for it much, but until I get a T5 Bow it'll have to do for the rare occasions when I'm worried about getting 1-hit-KOed.
  18. TwistedFreak New Player

Good greef! :eek: Mr CR's only 33 haha
  19. Frozen World New Player

I dont know about you guys, but I think fire with hand blasters is pretty cool its fast and gets the job done close and far.
  20. Uvirith Active Player

Every 5-10 seconds, depends on the Power and the loadout.

On Topic:
    Staff is definitely the coolest animation. And the Scythe is an awesome Style.